cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my items have an inability to be searched for through the ebay system

I've tested this out multiple times from my own account and my friends have tried as well, and there are quite a few of my items that cannot be searched using key search terms, even if you type in a few of the words exactly in my title, nothing pops up. I called ebay support, and they said there is a situation in ebay where some of the sellers items cannot be searched for. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. For two days now, I have sold only two items, which is very atypical.  It's getting very frustrating because of course they won't reduce my fees for the days they don't allow my items to be searched for, meanwhile i'm not making money off of any of my inventory.  They did say they put my name on a list of people who are having the issue, but apparently still, not fixed.  Any insight on what I can do?? ( i was told by ebay support to go in and mass revise my listings, changing one small thing, then change it back, and go check again, and when I did that, I changed my shipping time to same day, then right back again to one day shipping time, and when i went back in, the mass revision changed all of those listings to 'no returns'.... so I had to go change that back again to accept returns, and still not resolution to my actual problem)

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Just got a text from my daughter, she states that she tried to buy an item on ebay yesterday and it redirected her, so she couldn't pay, then it gave her an error message, so she gave up and did not buy the item..... is this also an issue anyone else is having? i haven't bought on ebay for a few days so I don't know if this has been problematic recently.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@vorutherfordwrote:

I've tested this out multiple times from my own account and my friends have tried as well, and there are quite a few of my items that cannot be searched using key search terms, even if you type in a few of the words exactly in my title, nothing pops up. I called ebay support, and they said there is a situation in ebay where some of the sellers items cannot be searched for. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. For two days now, I have sold only two items, which is very atypical.  It's getting very frustrating because of course they won't reduce my fees for the days they don't allow my items to be searched for, meanwhile i'm not making money off of any of my inventory.  They did say they put my name on a list of people who are having the issue, but apparently still, not fixed.  Any insight on what I can do?? ( i was told by ebay support to go in and mass revise my listings, changing one small thing, then change it back, and go check again, and when I did that, I changed my shipping time to same day, then right back again to one day shipping time, and when i went back in, the mass revision changed all of those listings to 'no returns'.... so I had to go change that back again to accept returns, and still not resolution to my actual problem)

Can you give some examples of items that don't show up...........titles or item #'s??

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Just picked the cross stitch to search & you came up 2nd in search
Try to sign out of your account and search some of your items
My search words (something special cross stitch geisha)

(life magazine April 1970 ) your 1st in search 
(ceramic sock monkey christmas ornament ) your 2nd in search

Can you give examples of one of your items your not seeing so we can try to search it
Also any new or revised items can take up to 24 hours to index into the search

As far as purchasing items I did one without issue via laptop, is it a mobile App she is usin?
There are so many different ways to purchase hard to say  if there was an issue
geisha cross stitch.JPG

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

162860544268 Here is one of the item numbers. There is about half of my items that do not show up, unfortunately.
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

I can't get it on ebay, but can if I google the item #.........shows it on ebay........ from that listing if I click on see other items, I get 30/40/50.  If I click on the store, I get 1600+

@labs118

Can you see if the listing number discrepancy is happening to you ?  There's also someothing going on with Best March and the other options.  Discrepancy there also, have to leave, lol........but this one is curious........

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE DEAL IS I AM DOWN 35 - 45 PERCENT SEEMS LIKE FEES GO UP SALES ARE GOING DOWN

THINKING MAYBE AMZONE IS TAKING OVER ????????????

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Noticed if I unlist, then relist the items, they show up now.  Well, that's going to cost me money, I guess, but if it's the only way to do it and ebay is unwilling to help me at all, then it's my only option.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

My sales are also down all the way, I haven't sold anything in an entire day, but it's because a lot of my items aren't searchable by my title at all.  They said it themselves on the ebay customer service, but they won't fix it.  I asked them why I'm paying to list my items if they aren't searchable and they didn't have an answer.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@vorutherford wrote:
162860544268 Here is one of the item numbers. There is about half of my items that do not show up, unfortunately.

Ok that item number I can not pull up on ebay.
I tried all ways & no luck
How many items are you supposed to have in your store?

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@dhbookdswrote:

I can't get it on ebay, but can if I google the item #.........shows it on ebay........ from that listing if I click on see other items, I get 30/40/50.  If I click on the store, I get 1600+

labs118

Can you see if the listing number discrepancy is happening to you ?  There's also someothing going on with Best March and the other options.  Discrepancy there also, have to leave, lol........but this one is curious........

It appears it is really messed up If I enter via OP's store I only see 67 items
If I click view items I get 103 then refresh and get 70 then 72, with each refresh comes a different amount of items 
The only time I ever see this change of item numbers with refresh is when stores are coming off vacation and are re indexing, but they then usually are ok after 24 hours

store 67.JPG 

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Yep, just got off the phone with a rep, and she was very helpful, said they are having major technical problems with some sellers and their items not being searchable...it's just most sellers don't know that because sellers don't habitually try searching for their own items. I happened to try it because I wasn't selling anything in my store for a long time, which is atypical of how my store runs, and I got concerned. Apparently it's happening across the board for a lot of sellers. No solution, and nothing done about this yet.
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

I have over 1700 items in my store.  Argh, I rarely have to call Ebay, but this month, I've had to call them 6 times with no resolution any time.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Well screen shot shows what I am seeing now 121 last time was 67

What a mess, sure no 1700 .
are you Anchor ? if so you should have Dedicated customer support  
store 104.JPG

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

No, I just have a regular store.  This means I get transferred at least 4 times with every phone conversation I have with them, and no one can help me, nor do they care if my store is messed up.  I sure wish they would fix it, and as many calls as I've made in regards to this, asking for help, and inquiring why they charge me to be on the site, when I'm indeed not on the site is getting tiring.  I'm going to take a nap and hope for better when I wake up.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply