cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign in

Is anyone else being asked to repeatedly sign in? Like 20 times a day?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Sign in

Try another browser to see if that makes a difference.

Some sign in issues can be caused by a blocked or corrupt eBay cookie -- manually deleting your eBay cookies may help, particularly if the problem only occurs in that one browser.

Other things to try can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Whatsup-with-3-levels-of-authentication-just-to-log-on-Or...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's not a browser thing; I have 2 laptops using Google Chrome on 1 and IE on the other... every time I want to go to 'my ebay' I have to re-input my password. 

This happened same time the shipping labels quit popping up for easy printing (now have to click 'print' and then click my printer).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Anything odd about your network setup? Firewall? VPN?

It might be worth trying another browser like Firefox anyway to see if that makes any difference. Chrome and the latest version of Edge use a lot of the same code. If you are actually using Explorer, you should definitely try another browser.

If you use certain "cleaner" programs, those can delete browser cookies and require you to sign in again.

What link are you using to reach eBay? Try an alternative link.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Edge/ Explorer; same thing. The laptops are 5 months and 3 months old (therefore brand new) and this just started where I can see 'my ebay' but if I want to see more, it then asks for password. 

This is an ebay thing. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is an ebay thing.

That is not happening for me when using Firefox. I only get the very occasional sign-in request when changing site settings, or once in a while viewing Purchase History or leaving feedback.

Are you swapping between accounts in the same browser? If so, try using a different browser for each account.

Are you using the "Keep me signed in" option in your "Sign in and Security" account settings?

https://accounts.ebay.com/acctsec/security-center/signin-preferences

eburtonlab_0-1624492095628.png

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, I’m using keep me signed in, but I’m also switching back and forth from 2 iPads and an iPhone. ( one is better at connecting to my printer).  Thanks about the browsers, maybe that will help!😊

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have been asked not only to sign in but to reset my password twice last night within 30 minutes and again this morning. This has never been an issue with Firefox. It's a bit unnerving to have to create a new password each time and then asked to identify which squares is a car, boat, green eggs and ham? Please, Ebay fix this. You can do better. From what I am reading from the community posts, your buyers and sellers are not happy and they are considering leaving you.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply