cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label Problem

For several days when I try to print a label (new format), everything is fine until I hit purchase and print label, then I get a red message at the top that says "Error creating labelMissing or invalid Ship to postal code". However, there's nothing wrong with the zip code and it isn't missing. It happens on both Firefox and IE.

I still have the option  of switching to the old format which I've done and it prints with no problem.

Is anyone else having this problem? My concern is switching to the old format option could be yanked at any time.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Shipping Label Problem

Bump

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Same here, when i go to print shipping label, i am sent to a page saving ebay is having server issues

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

saying*

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

All labels or just the one label (which might have something about the ship to address that upsets the new flow but not the old)?
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Every label I've tried to print for several days. I find it strange that the message I get has words run together and refers to postal code instead of zip code.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

This shouldn't make any difference, but have you tried editing the to address on one......(just deleting and retyping it in the same)......just to see if that works.....   I doubt that would cure the problem overall, but would be interesting to see if it works......

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@sokpop 

Just curious...Does the zip start with a zero?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

No. One was TX, the other FL.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

PM me one of the the addresses that cause the failure and I'll take a look.

Would only be able to see if something looks out of sorts - actually printing or attempting to print the labels isn't going to happen. Only way to test is to use an existing sale and change the address - attempting to print a test label with your bad buyer address in it would/might email a shipping notification to my buyer from the sale being used as a guinea pig, if creation did succeed would enter another tracking number in the already completed sale, and would result in a label void being required.

Are any of the lines in the name or address over 40 chars or City over 35 chars in length? Zip code a zip5 or zip9 (zip+4)?
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I am having the same problem. 1st I didn't realize I set my listing to relist, so something was bought from me while I was out of town. Now I upgraded packaging and went to send and it isn't working. Both addresses are correct. I don't want to make my client upset. Yes I can run to the post office, but my mail carrieer will be by in the hour. How do I fix this????

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@diwrom A number of reports of this today.  For urgent shipping either use paypal or other free services such as PirateShip.com.  There have been reports that if you edit the shipping address, change nothing, and then save you still get an error, but it gives you a link to the classic page.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I’m trying to print my label but it keeps saying invalid state, any ideas!’

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Has there been a solution to this? Every label I try to print on mobile app does this “invalid state” error. I have to get on a pc to print the label which isn’t always convenient.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I have the same promlem, but the messsge says invalid state. I tried in my laptop it works. FedEx has no problem only USPS. So I guess USPS has glitch on IOS system.
Message 15 of 17
latest reply