cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Results

One of my searches: "psa 10 (fouts,joiner,winslow,bochy) -justise", is desiged to pick up all PSA 10 listings of either Dan "Fouts", Charlie "Joiner", Kellen "Winslow and Bruce "Bochy" while eliminating anything of "Justise Winslow".  I have to use last names only, since many listings don't have their first names in them.

Now, due to some recent change inserting "+" signs into searches, the above search has been transformed to: "psa+10++ (fouts,joiner,winslow,bochy) +-justise", which picks up ONLY "Justise Winslow" listings (the exact item i want to eliminate), and NONE of the items I'm looking for!!!

This is evidently an internal system edit that ebay has just made.

EBAY, I AM TALKING TO YOU............................

QUIT MESSING THINGS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Search Results

Here's another one:

hostess 1979 (perry,tenace,winfield)

When I click on it, I get ZERO results.  When I look at the search text box, the search has been changed to:

hostess+1979+ (perry,tenace,winfield)

I click on either the "completed auctions" or "items sold", to get search results of them.  Then, I click the same one again, to go back to the current items (the original search);  Magically, there are now 15 search results.  The search block reads: 

hostess 1979 (perry,tenace,winfield)

Exactly as I intended it to read.

The problem is, ebay has changed their system to add these stupid "+" signs between words in our searches, and they are completely destroying the search results.  THE SEARCHES DON"T WORK WITH THE PLUS SIGNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EBAY, GET RID OF ALL THESE DAMNED "+" SIGNS IN OUR SEARCHES................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Search Results

Here's another one without a parenthetical search:

1971 topps coombs psa 9

Under my present search, it picks up the one item out there listed for sale.

When I save it now, under ebay's new parameters, it is saved as follows:

1971+topps+coombs+psa+9

It picks up ZERO results!

No one lists their items on ebay with "+" signs between the words (and therefore creating a long, one-word search), therefore no newly saved searches will pick up anything, since they are looking for "+" signs between the words, and no blank spaces between individual words.

Who, at ebay, is dreaming up this idiocy?!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply