cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches page

What just happened?

About 10 minutes ago, I clicked on my saved searches page.  When it came up, all the formatting was haywire; now it's basically "double-wide".  I have to reduce the font size to 50% so I don't have to scroll the width of another screen to get to the "view items" button.

My other pages are fine; it's just the "saved searches" page that just got totally F'd Up!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Saved Searches page

I am seeing the same thing on my Saved Sellers page now.

The font size on that page was always smaller than other eBay pages, so making the font smaller still to get the columns to fit on the page makes the page virtually unusable as is.

Try bookmarking this older page instead:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&SortOrder=ASCEND&GotoPage=1&MyeBayListIndex.Filter=A...

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

Same thing here - was OK until maybe an hour ago , now saved search screen messed up on all my browsers and stays that way if I clear cache. The "view items" links are literally OFF the right side of the screen - need to use scroll bar each time to see the link to click on.

Doesn't anyone at eBay test changes before rolling them out ???

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

It seems the change has made the saved search screen not work properly when the font size is increased from default. Up until earlier today the screen adapted to the font size and remained usable, but since the change that was just deployed, increasing the font size now pushes the clickable links off the side of the screen (see attached screen shot). It's not exactly what I'd call "accessible" any more.

This is double annoying since, as always, the left 25% of the screen is just wasted white space - not as if the layout actually needs more space.

Please revert today's change to the the "saved seaches" screen layout until you can make it work with increase font sizes again (I only use 120% font size, but ANY increase will now - per today's change - push the "view items" clickable link off the side of the page).

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

Thanks, but that's for saved sellers, not search.

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

Thanks, now if only eBay could offer that as an option!

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

It might be possible to get to that page through the new Selling Overview, and selecting "switch to classic", assuming that page loads for you. Or by using the "Selling" link that appears in the My eBay drop-down menu. That works for me, but it may depend on which page you have last used.

If you bookmark that link, you do not need to rely on whatever links eBay offers.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

The problem with that link, is that it brings up old, ancient searches I no longer use, and it is missing any searches I've added since it was archived.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

@sdchargerfan-14 

The problem with that link, is that it brings up old, ancient searches I no longer use, and it is missing any searches I've added since it was archived.

That is quite odd. I just added a new search, and it appears on both lists for me.

If you have some searches that do not appear on the "newer" page that you do not want any more, try deleting those from the "old" list. Then sort the two lists so you can compare them and see if you can add new searches to the "old" list.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

I am not an HTML/CSS guru, but it seems to me that the main problem is that they're trying to use word-wrap in a flex without turning off auto-sizing and limiting the container width. This fixes it for me. Hopefully, eBay will fix it on their end.

--- yudcrwe0aiz3vdq30fjooqfmj2i.css.orig        2020-09-25 17:14:16.854990739 -0400
+++ yudcrwe0aiz3vdq30fjooqfmj2i.css     2020-09-25 17:16:27.799640058 -0400
@@ -1714,7 +1714,7 @@
 #ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl .coln2 {
        text-align:left;
        word-wrap:break-word;
-       width:300px
+       max-width:300px
 }
 #ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl .coln3 {
        width:158px;
@@ -3051,6 +3051,8 @@
        position:relative
 }
 .my-container .my-row .coln1 .coln1-wrap .esearch,.my-container .my-row .coln1 .coln1-wrap .eseller {
+       min-width:0;
+       max-width:300px;
        margin-left:8px
 }
 .my-container .my-row .coln1 .coln1-wrap .return-status {

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

Sorry for replying to my own post, but Firefox users can drop the following into their userContent.css file as a temporary fix:

@-moz-document domain(www.ebay.com) {
       max-width:300px !important;
}
.my-container .my-row .coln1 .coln1-wrap .esearch,.my-container .my-row .coln1 .coln1-wrap .eseller {
       min-width:0 !important;
}
}

See https://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/how-to-override-css-stylesheets-in-firefox/ for information on how to modify your userContent.css file.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

That's awesome, crunchly - works like a charm !

Thanks so much for taking the time to figure this out and posting the solution.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

@crunchly 

Outstanding! Thanks for posting that.

The Saved Searches page is working for me now after implementing the change to the chrome.css file in my Firefox profile.

eburtonlab_0-1601082802700.png

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Saved Searches page

Here's an updated userContent.css that fixes up the column spacing and picture scaling.  It also restores the horizontal rules between the searches.  It's now close enough to the old Saved Searches page that I can stop raging at eBay and get back to buying useless old junk from them.

@-moz-document domain(www.ebay.com) {
#ssearch tr.ssRow td {
        padding:10px 8px 10px 0 !important;
        border-top:1px solid #ddd !important;
}
#ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl {
        border-collapse: unset !important;
}
#ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl .coln1 .coln1-wrap {
        padding-right:25px !important;
}
#ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl .coln1 .coln1-wrap .picframe {
        border:0 !important;
        margin-right:15px !important;
}
#ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl .coln1 .coln1-wrap .picframe>div img {
        object-fit:contain !important;
}
        padding-right:35px !important;
}
#ssearch .my-row-r .sssearchtbl .coln3 {
        font-size:0.875rem !important;
}
        min-width:0 !important;
}
}

Message 15 of 38
latest reply