cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches corrupted with + sign

New saved searches save spaces as + signs and subsequently fail to match any items.

For example if I create a new saved search with these seach items:

1893 handel columbian exposition ticket

When I save the search it saves it like this:

1893+handel+columbian+exposition+ticket

and so if I click "View Items" then if finds zero matches. Happens on multiple browsers. The geniuses at ebay broke this about a week ago. Anyone else have this problem? In effect saving searches is now broken.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Saved Searches corrupted with + sign

Yes I am having the same trouble. If I want to use one of my new searches (in last two weeks) I have to edit out the + signs to get the maximum results. Very frustrating. I wish eBay would use their on site.
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

I guess eBay is making so much money they are not worried about all the money they losing from this problem.
Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Hello...ebay... Are you still here? We could use a little help over here.
Message 18 of 41
latest reply

Same issue.  Saved searches are useless now.    It's been a few weeks now.  No help from ebay.  Looking elsewhere..

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

I'm having the same exact problem but using a Mac and tried all the various browsers. Very frustrating!!

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

Same issue here! Extremely frustrating!!

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

Add another user flustrated by the + sign added to searches when they are saved. I use saved searches extensively to purchase parts for business and this is a MAJOR impact item. Please fix it!!

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

Same problem

Why do they put idiots in charge of huge companies ?

Every "improvement" made to Ebay has been a backward step

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

There is a work-around I believe, described in this thread:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Search-and-categories/Saved-searched-now-adding-a-PLUS-quot-quot-inf...

But when are ebay going to fix it, or at least have the basic decency to give some sort of response ??? Such breath-taking arrogance, and so typical of an American corporation, who believes they have the market sewn up so no longer have to take any notice of anything except the share price and the size of executive bonuses................

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  Extremely frustrating. Uuugghhh!!!

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

Yes, I have the exact same issue. I can search for anything using the usual search nomenclature like required keywords separated by spaces, optional words enclosed in parentheses and separated by commas and minuses in from of words I want excluded. That search could yield 100 or more results.

However, the second I try to save the exact same successful search in my "Saved Searches," the "+" signs are embedded between all words. Then when I try to immediately use that exact same search from my "Saved Searches" area, it yields NO RESULTS! Which also means that I do not get notifications whenever a new item is listed!

Think of the hundreds of dollars sellers are losing in listing fees because no one is notified via Email of their new listings. Think of the thousands of dollars eBay is losing out every day on seller fees because sales are not what they should be.

I work in IT, and I know exactly what the cause of this is; cheap IT labor - THEY DON'T TEST!!! So, no, the geniuses (their IT staff) didn't test anything and worse, the management and senior management are not aware of this **bleep**! If only senior management read these community forums! IT heads and staff would roll. Ya gotta love it!
Message 26 of 41
latest reply

The workaround described in the thread referenced in post 24 here seems to work.

For example, a search like
Linksys wrt54gl router -cisco
gets mangled into
Linksys+wrt54gl+router+-cisco
when saved and produces undesired results (too few)

But if the original search is modified to
(Linksys) (wrt54gl) (router) (-cisco)
it gets mangled into
(Linksys) + (wrt54gl) + (router) + (-cisco)
when saved, but that produces same 131 results as original search.

so just wrap each of your search terms in () until eBay gets this worked out.
Message 27 of 41
latest reply

Loos like there is a lot of people at eBay doing nothing for what the get paid for. This eBay gets worse every day.

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

Someone say some time ago "Out there are too many idiots and I'm afraid of them because they can even vote for a president".

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

This is extremely frustrating!!

It's been going on for almost a month now - how long can it take to fix something like this?

The more detailed your search, the more '+' signs you have to remove, each and every time you search.

It has become pointless to save searches.

Someone tried to fix something that wasn't broken.   Now it is most certainly broken.

REMOVE THE PLUS SIGNS!

(Yes, I know you're not supposed to write in all caps.)

Message 30 of 41
latest reply