cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches corrupted with + sign

New saved searches save spaces as + signs and subsequently fail to match any items.

For example if I create a new saved search with these seach items:

1893 handel columbian exposition ticket

When I save the search it saves it like this:

1893+handel+columbian+exposition+ticket

and so if I click "View Items" then if finds zero matches. Happens on multiple browsers. The geniuses at ebay broke this about a week ago. Anyone else have this problem? In effect saving searches is now broken.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Saved Searches corrupted with + sign

Same problem - frustrating! Using windows. Old searches work fine as long as I do not edit them - editing results in + signs and broken searches!
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@max-shiraz-us wrote:

New saved searches save spaces as + signs and subsequently fail to match any items.

For example if I create a new saved search with these seach items:

1893 handel columbian exposition ticket

When I save the search it saves it like this:

1893+handel+columbian+exposition+ticket

and so if I click "View Items" then if finds zero matches. Happens on multiple browsers. The geniuses at ebay broke this about a week ago. Anyone else have this problem? In effect saving searches is now broken.

Hi @max-shiraz-us - thanks for letting us know you've been running into issues with saved searches. I've gotten you added to the reports that have been filed on this and we hope to see things back to normal soon!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 41
latest reply

SAME PROBLEM! Also I am not receiving and emails from any of my saved searches

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Same problem here. Old searches work fine. New ones get corrupted with "+" signs. No amount of editing corrects the issue.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Having the same problem with new searches, using Safari. Ebay inserts a + between words instead of a space, severely restricting number of found items. Tried Advanced search options to no avail.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Same problem.
Ebay is getting worse and worse for buyer searching.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

New saved searches save spaces as + signs and subsequently fail to match any items. If you remove the + signs and search it will go to item, but if you save the search the + sins  come back . Very frustrating!

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

I have the same issue with searches I save on my PC in a web browser, and it has been going on for probably over 2 weeks now.  I am surprised eBay tech has not recognized and fixed this glitch yet, where the eBay saved searches are changing the space to a plus sign +, and I get no results.  As a workaround, I discovered that this issue does not happen in the mobile app, so I have been using the app to save my searches.  Then, they appear fine in my saved searches page in my PC browser and I can use them there.  It's a PITA, but at least it's something until eBay techies get their act together.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

I have the same problem - no more selling for me via eBay since the serious buyers are no longer able to find products on eBay by using Saved Searches and the email feature which is associated with it.

Would be helpful for finding a specific search among my many if eBay would also restore the ability (which used to exist) to give an easily recognizable custom name to saved searches.  Of course, unless the problem with the concatenated search words (and excluded words preceded by "-" by the way) is fixed.

Dozens of users with the same problem and still no fix from eBay??!!

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

Any word on a fix. This is becoming a real problem. Please HELP EBAY!
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Huge problem. No fix?

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

2 weeks of this **bleep** an still no fix! This is significantly impacting my outlook on ebay(negetively).

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Same issue here. The + changes my saved search results. This is probably wide spread problem but reported only by a few. Please fix this ASAP.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Same exact issue here... I have used advanced searches for many years without any issues.  Now all of a sudden the last 30 days, any new searches I create insert the + symbol. 

Tried 5 different PCs and multiple browsers.  It's not a browswer thing, it's not a Windows thing, and it's not a cache thing... it's an EBAY issue... FIX it ASAP please!  You have known about this for at least 30 days now...

Message 15 of 41
latest reply