cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPING SPORTS CARDS USING STANDARD ENVELOPE TRACKING ISSUES

The new ebay shipping program produces a tracking number starting with (ES). I've had several buyers opening cases saying item never showed up, and when I try to track the item it only shows scan from one facility to the next never delivered. I jumped on usps.com and the tracking system says it doesn't recognize the tracking. I called my local postmaster who told me me their scanners can't even scan these types of packages it's an ebay thing. I'm getting defects and negatives because I can't prove delivery.  One package shows no scans but the honest (rare) buyer writes and says package arrived how do I get funds to you. I've called ebay numerous times and explained it and walked them through the process and they all agree and say they understand and they'll send it to higher review.  This has been going on for weeks and more and more dishonest card buyer's are catching on and taking advantage of sellers selling cards under $20. This new ebay shipping program is flawed anyone with any advice please help. example: eBay item number:276167371304 tracking number ESUS188691531 buyer writes and says delivered but not one scan in system. Now go to usps and try to use that tracking number and see what I'm talking about.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You'll never be able to track these on USPS.  All the scans are automated which is why there are so many limitations on what can actually be mailed this way. It's basically using the same system for sending 'junk'/'spam' mail.   I've mailed hundreds of cards this year using it and not had any issues at all. I think 2 disputes out of that many and I used the insurance claim on one of them where USPS lost the card and the other the tracking showed delivered so eBay closed in my favor.  Any defects I had for late delivery are also automatically removed by eBay.

I'm in a fairly large city so it seems the process goes smoothly for me but I have heard people in smaller cities with similar complaints to yours where USPS doesn't seem to do that initial arrival scan (which again, should be an automated system scan on the envelope).  Are you using just a plain white envelope when mailing?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@soonerwiping 

The Post Office is correct. These numbers can't be tracked by traditional tracking methods as they are strictly for Metered Mail use. The Postal scanners at the Post Office and the ones the carriers use won't scan these.

The ESE envelopes are supposed to get a scan at the 1st sorting center after you drop them off in the Metered Mail slot at the Post Office. They then should also get a Delivery Confirmation scan when they reach the Destination Sorting hub. After that they are then sent to the buyers Post Office for delivery to the buyer. It can take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks and sometimes more than that.

There is a way to check the tracking: Universal Parcel Tracking - Global Package Tracking (parcelsapp.com)

It is not an ideal situation and there have been many complaints from sellers and buyers both. It really should be canned.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Tracking for something under 20 bucks? Why?

A good old .68 stamp works for me.

Have not lost anything last year or this year to date.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@soonerwiping 

Since you have indicated that your undelivered eBay Standard Envelopes (ESEs) are at least receiving SOME type of "scan," you are covered by the eBay insurance program for "lost" ESEs.

Just follow the instructions to receive your refund:

https://pages.ebay.com/sell/standarddelivery/termsofservice.html

Message 5 of 5
latest reply