cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Item on listings non-functional

Tried to report an item, used the link on the listing page. Tried it on other listings, seems to be not functioning.

This is what shows:

Screenshot (136).png

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Were the reports all concerning the same seller? It is possible that eBay was already in the process of removing those listings -- that might possibly cause such an error.

You might try reporting the same listing on another site like ebay.ca -- that has worked for me in the past when I was not able to report an item on ebay.com.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Been getting the same thing for a couple of days now.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

In my case don't think so. They were up yesterday and still are today (just checked) Mine are duplicate listings in a row. Not Sponsored listings.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hi @eburtonlab 

No, I even tried on several (about 5-10) random sellers' listings.

*lady*madonna*

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I just reported several listings and did not get that error message (though I have seen that message occasionally in the past from time to time). The recent reports seemed to be submitted successfully as far as I could tell.

It might be worth trying another browser if you have not already done so; I seem to recall getting an error trying to submit a report using an old version of Edge browser. I do not remember what the error message was, but once I updated to the latest version I was able to submit reports.

If you have more than one eBay account, try reporting that listing using the other account; at least one user has reported being able to report items from one account but not another.

Some users seem to have problems getting the reporting category drop-downs to populate, but that seems to be a different issue.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Changing browsers worked, (Firefox to Chrome) but that is such a PITA because I rarely ever use Chrome.

*lady*madonna*

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I just was able to do it on Micro Soft Edge page. Thanks

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Strange how that can happen. My report I successfully submitted about a seller simply vanished.

As well as my feedback on that seller. Did you get something to show this as fact?  I hope you kept records because no one will believe you if you didn't.  Because, there's absolutely no way eBay could make a mistake.  And they always protect the buyer. Even when screen captures (those things that don't mean anything) and other things show otherwise .hope they get to the bottom of this. I'm sure they're on it 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for your response, but I do not sell magazines.  Just pocket books which qualify with USPS and EBAY standards.  I only have problems with the books not the other items.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@plinishplenish 

You are replying to an old thread about a different issue.

Your previous thread is here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Label-Shipping-Options/m-p/34225105/highlight/true#M59332...

You appear to be listing some puzzle books in a Magazine category and offering Media Mail. eBay will not provide a Media Mail label for items listed in a Magazine category.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for your response, so which category would you suggest? I'm only seeing Books & Magazines...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

A search for sudoku puzzle book is automatically steered into the Book category. Try that category instead of Magazines.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Sudoku+Puzzle+Book&_sacat=0

Message 14 of 14
latest reply