cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Signing In Problem Using my Personal Desktop! What is going on? Managed Program Banner!

As of last week, I have repeatedly had to Sign-in on my account.   The system would randomly kick me out and I would be forced to re- Sign-in despite the box checked:  [Keep Me Signed in.]  When I attempt to Sign in, I am met with this large screen banner asking me to enroll in the Managed Program of which I have no interest.  The Managed Program banner is so large, I have to strategically dodge it to avoid accidentally hitting the accept button.

I have a two-fold problem:

1. Repeatedly having to Sign-in on my personal desktop.
  2. Having to dodge the Managed Program acceptance button banner.  I wonder is the repeated Sign-in issue is a glitch or a strategic attempt to get me to accidentally agree to the Managed Program. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Repeated Signing In Problem Using my Personal Desktop! What is going on? Managed Program Banner!

I've gone through the repeated signing in issue with eBay in the past but not for a long time. If you haven't already done so, try clearing your cache. It might also help to restart your computer afterwards.

Unless you already have an ad blocker installed on your computer, you could try that and see if it helps. I use Adblock Plus.

Hopefully someone else will offer some thoughts to help resolve your problem. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Its actually a security feature and many platforms use it, not just ebay. A lot of financial related platforms will also log users out and force them to log back in after a specified period of time. This is to ensure no one else is gaining access to that account.

A good example is banks, they all do this with their websites.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It started with me last week.  I have the box checked to keep me signed in, but I have to sign in again repeatedly almost every time I try to do something.   So far, I haven't noticed the managed payment pop-up.  Maybe ad blocker takes care of it?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Its annoying and this glitch will drive customers away.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@getitright1234 wrote:

As of last week, I have repeatedly had to Sign-in on my account.   The system would randomly kick me out and I would be forced to re- Sign-in despite the box checked:  [Keep Me Signed in.]  When I attempt to Sign in, I am met with this large screen banner asking me to enroll in the Managed Program of which I have no interest.  The Managed Program banner is so large, I have to strategically dodge it to avoid accidentally hitting the accept button.

I have a two-fold problem:

1. Repeatedly having to Sign-in on my personal desktop.
  2. Having to dodge the Managed Program acceptance button banner I wonder is the repeated Sign-in issue is a glitch or a strategic attempt to get me to accidentally agree to the Managed Program. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  

You don't have to dodge it, there should be another page to confirm even if you hit it by mistake.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It's been happening for me for a few weeks now.  I'm happily clicking away in the Seller Hub doing my work and suddenly I get the log in screen again.  Sometimes I open another browser window (and sometimes I have to do it two or three times) and it lets me continue without asking me to log in, but many times I just keep getting the log in screen until I finally give up and log in again.  It's particularly strange because when I do open another browser window it looks like I'm still logged in because if I hover over my name in the top left corner the option it shows me is Sign Out which means it still thinks I’m logged in.  I thought it was just me because I didn’t see anyone posting about it, so thanks for posting…misery loves company I guess!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

For issue #1:

Being required to repeatedly sign in to eBay might be an indication of a problem with your browser not accepting cookies, or a corrupt eBay cookie.

Try another browser as a test to see if the same problem occurs. If not, go back to your original browser and check to make sure you are set to accept cookies. Try deleting your eBay cookies. With a corrupt or blocked cookie, simply deleting all cookies may not be sufficient.

Other things that can cause sign in issues: using private or incognito windows, or certain disk cleaning utilities that routinely delete browser cookies (there is usually a setting that allows you to exempt a site's cookies if you wish).

If the problem still occurs with multiple browsers, that might be an indication of an issue with your account itself.

Back when eBay changed the sign in page last summer, some folks using Microsoft browsers had issues with the "keep me signed in" checkbox on the sign in page not working correctly. There is an additional checkbox in the Site Preferences section of the Account Settings that can also be checked. If that box is already checked, try unchecking, hit "apply", sign out, sign back in and recheck that box and "apply" again.

For issue #2, if you are using a desktop browser, try using an ad blocker and you should not have to worry about accidentally clicking on ads.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

ebay already drove all their customers away.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I tried all suggested fixes and still having the same problem. Well if there were any customers left then they'll most certainly leave. Logging in all the time is just darn annoying and with all the other online shopping options out there I'd be outta here. Sick and tired of the constant problems here.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply