cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieving emails from ebay encouraging me to buy my own items when I revise them.

I've been receiving emails lately from ebay that encourage me to buy my own items. The emails say that I just viewed the item at a price and it has just been marked down. Are they sending these to my potential customers? I hope not. I would never do that myself just because someone viewed an item. Has this been happening to anyone else? It's as if they are not differentiating between items I view after revisions on them from the box that say's you've successfully revised your item and other peoples items I view for completely different reasons. Just want to bring this to someone's attention and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or has experienced it. Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Recieving emails from ebay encouraging me to buy my own items when I revise them.

One of many many glitches. When I sell something Globally. It shows on the eBay message that I am the buyer. Gotta wonder who was hired to design this new eBay!
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Recieving emails from ebay encouraging me to buy my own items when I revise them.

On occassion when I have a BIN and go in and edit to lower the price of the item, I will get an email from ebay letting know that an item I viewed has been reduced in price. so must be a glitch.

only other time I heard of this is if you put one of your item on your watch list, and you revise the price down, you will get the email.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Are they sending these to my potential customers?

I'm guessing they do. If you happen to report a listing for a violation, ebay will remind you that they ignored your report by sending you an email days later to let you know the listing is ending.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Gotta hope philsumm is right -- if I had a viewer who passed up an item because of price, I really want 'em to know it's dropped! I'll sell to any qualified buyer at my listed price. I'm here to sell, and I set my prices to do that. I'm not about to discriminate against someone getting my lower price because they passed me up at a higher price. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm guessing it's a glitch. Thank you for your input.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback on this. It must be a glitch.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I've never reported anything buying or selling, but it must be a glitch. Thank you for your information.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I think you completely missed the point. Annoying potential customers with emails just because they viewed an item is not my style. I am absolutely not alone in this opinion. Having said that, I'm not too concerned, mostly curious about it and wanted to bring it to someones attention if it was a glitch. I appreciate ebay so much and they have such a wonderful platform that is bursting with opportunities, that I just flow with it. Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I wanted to add that, although I would never send an email to a potential customer that only viewed my item, I also don't have as much as experience in this as ebay or other sellers. I've only sold my own things. So, while I may shy away from more aggressive selling methods myself, those methods could actually be helpful in selling something to a particular kind of customer. I myself, never mind receiving emails from ebay. So, it's all good.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply