cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESPONDING TO QUESTIONS

WHEN I RESPOND TO A SELLERS QUESTION WHY DOES IT STILL SHOW IN MY aCTIVE iTEMS THAT I HAVE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS? IF I CLICK ON IT MOST SAY THEY ARE OVER 45 DAYS OLD AND I CANT ANSWER. IVE JUST BEEN IGNORING IT BECAUSE CLEARLY IVE ANSWERED,  IS THIS SOMETHING THAT JUST DOESNT FLOW OVER FOR EVERYONE OR IS THERE SOMETHING I AM SPPOSED TO DO BESIDES ANSWER THE QUESTION.   I HATE THAT THERE IS SOME ALGORITHM THAT IS DOCKING MY LISTING BECAUSE IT BELIEVES I DONT RESPOND TO QUESTIONS.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: RESPONDING TO QUESTIONS

Depending on what selling page you are looking at, there may be "mark as answered" choice available, though you may have to expand a column to see the drop-down link to that option.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@eyecandy91 wrote:

WHEN I RESPOND TO A SELLERS QUESTION WHY DOES IT STILL SHOW IN MY aCTIVE iTEMS THAT I HAVE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS? IF I CLICK ON IT MOST SAY THEY ARE OVER 45 DAYS OLD AND I CANT ANSWER. IVE JUST BEEN IGNORING IT BECAUSE CLEARLY IVE ANSWERED,  IS THIS SOMETHING THAT JUST DOESNT FLOW OVER FOR EVERYONE OR IS THERE SOMETHING I AM SPPOSED TO DO BESIDES ANSWER THE QUESTION.   I HATE THAT THERE IS SOME ALGORITHM THAT IS DOCKING MY LISTING BECAUSE IT BELIEVES I DONT RESPOND TO QUESTIONS.

Please turn your all caps off. Clearly you know how as "aCTIVE iTEMS" would indicate such.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

REALLY???  HOW PETTY.....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@eyecandy91 wrote:

REALLY???  HOW PETTY.....

Posting in all caps is the equivalent of shouting and is considered to be rude.

Additionally, all caps text is difficult to read, particularly if people have vision problems. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why is requesting to turn you caps off petty?

It is harder to read when entire paragraphs are all in caps

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I, too, am having this same problem!  It is so frustrating.  I sent Ebay a message to ask them to help us with this.  There is no way to do this.  The only way I was able to get rid of it was to reply with a "thanks" or some short message and hit "send" and it took it off.  For me, this is happening when I get a "declined offer" and I shouldn't have to respond to a "declined offer" message.  What's done is done - what's there to respond to?  If anybody else has had this problem AND WAS ABLE TO FIX IT, please, by all means, let us know how you did it!  thanks!   CAPS are fine with me!  🙂      

Message 7 of 7
latest reply