cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretty lousy website management

So how does a huge conglomerate like eBay allow malicious redirects like this? This is what my thousands of dollars in seller fees is paying for. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cachecoder

@jimmyhauser

It's malware..........need to do a scan.......  many use/recommend free Malwarebytes..

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

cachecoder
Adventurer

Yep.  The redirects are preventing many users from doing business.  I hope eBay fixes it soon.  This is ridiculous!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@cachecoder

@jimmyhauser

It's malware..........need to do a scan.......  many use/recommend free Malwarebytes..

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What do you expect they are in bed with Facebook. Of course Faceboook is going to show them how they make extra money by turning a blind eye to unsavory companies deploying malicious adds with malware and bad cookie and trackers embedded in their content. Email and pirated media is no longer the main source of this as most emails check up front. The large number of pay streaming sites and major court decisions against torrent sites means a new way to get computers infected are now needed. Social media is full of links infect every thing you do is clicking on a link so every time you view a pic, play a video, open a new page, and most important when you click the like button you are clicking a link that runs a script. Every time you click it is not like something bad is loaded but a good amount of time it does. Most do not notice it because they got anti virus and malware programs running real time protecting them. I have Live Safe and it tracks the number of attempted bad connections. I do almost no social media on 1 pc and have almost nothing in a 30 day period. Then on another pc social media is used and there are like 300 thousand bad connections in a month all from Facebook, Youtube, and Craigslist. What Craigslist but they are free non profit how could they lol. The funny thing is companies like Facebook and now Ebay do not test content because if it is bad they would have to block it and return the money they got paid. They say it is not their fault if you do not have anti virus and malware programs. However as most do have these the problem is not having them but having them and a new form of attack coming out and not being recognized by the programs. The fact is if it was not for bad companies like Facebook and Ebay taking money for exposing their users to these programs there would be little or no need to have the anti virus and malware programs. Its kind of like your doctor taking money from a waste disposal company to use a dirty old used needle to give you a flue shot. It is a very bad decision on their part especialy since taking revenue from these bad adds right before they want to take over customer payments and want users to trust them with bank account and social security numbers. Sounds like they have yet another id10T error from bad management and totally complete incompetence.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @jimmyhauser this looks like a malware pop up. You should definitely run a virus scan. eBay would not redirect you to an Amazon site, and that is not an Amazon site. 

Regarding Facebook concerns mentioned by others in the thread, many websites have Facebook or Google connect and many users are comfortable with using either to quickly connect. No one is forced to use Facebook connect.

@jimmyhauser wrote:

So how does a huge conglomerate like eBay allow malicious redirects like this? This is what my thousands of dollars in seller fees is paying for. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply