cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUZZLE PIECES & VERIFICATION CODES on Sign-in????????????????

Like Microsoft, ebay is constantly "improving" our user experience.stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Puzzle pieces like 5 year olds?  Captcha cars, trees, poles, bridges. 😂

Now we have "security" codes. 🤣

It's bad enough we as sellers are talked down to, punished like 1st graders & given time-outs.  This is Big Brother at it's best. 😡

Am I the Lone Ranger here in finding these "security" measures to be over-reaching?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Verification prevents automated systems from attempting to try to crack accounts by using successive password tries. Verification protects your account directly, and also indirectly by making it harder for other cracked accounts to be used in fraudulent transactions that you might be involved in as a buyer or seller.

In most cases, after you have gone through verification and signed in and updated your eBay cookies, it should not be necessary to continue to go through verification each time you sign in (or to sign out). After a period of a week or so of having to go through multiple verification pages to sign in, using most browsers I no longer need to unless I delete my eBay cookies or change networks.

Repeated verification requests may be a sign that your browser is blocking cookies or erasing them after each session.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

you are right and what is funny is what would stop anyone from sliding that puzzle piece into place ? NOTHING ! They really are insulting out intelligence !! It is just another absurd ebay nonsense fixture. If they want to fix something then they need to fix the things THEY broke such as creating seller hub, GTC and most importantly mangled payments.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It's all about control ......intimidation....bullying!  It's what they excel at.

Your rating and the metrtix grading system will definetly take a hit....be prepared

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

As a person who's Netflix account was hacked and hijacked last month for lack of proper security measures, I'm grateful that the place where I earn my income doesn't leave us vulnerable. The puzzle pieces and captcha cars, trees, poles and bridges are to defeat bots, not people. Security codes texted to our phones make it so a password alone is not enough to gain access to our accounts. If you are so concerned that you delete cookies and clear your history after every session, I would think you would be grateful for security measures which protect your account from criminal hackers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's s time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It's wasteful and disrespectful of people's time.  Security theater.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply