cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

Same here very frustrated and disappointed with this new rule. What does it matter if it's been there for 14 days or if it's recently been on sale. I'm already down 50% from last period. Soon free returns is going to be mandatory and now I'm hearing something about taxes? I'm really ready to go to another selling site. EBAY IS CHASING SELLERS AWAY! 

Message 46 of 271
latest reply

Thank you,  I thought I was the only one,  I thought I was going crazy.... What can we do??????

Message 47 of 271
latest reply

Exactly,  if we don't make money Ebay won't make money.... This is common sense,  They are trying to kill all of their sellers.

Message 48 of 271
latest reply

Insane ebay decision #1234. Annnd this is why I refuse to invest in an ebay Store! How dare they tell sellers when they are allowed to put an item on sale?? 

Message 49 of 271
latest reply

@moms-with-stuff wrote:

Exactly,  if we don't make money Ebay won't make money.... This is common sense,  They are trying to kill all of their sellers.

I believe they are. They want to sell ebay. 

Message 50 of 271
latest reply

Without spending hours of my time looking through all of my sale data, I have no idea just how many types of "Skipped" messages there are... BUT I did see three different ones off the top:   Some items say Skipped:  Minimum Price, some just say Skipped:  Price, and others say Skipped:  Already Discounted.

I have not found any documentation that tells me what those each really mean.

Message 51 of 271
latest reply

Skipped price means you had a sale within the last 14 days and can't put the item on sale again for 14 days since last sale.  I had sale yesterday and tried put new one on today and all my items say skipped price.  Even though I did not change the price, the sale was on yesterday and now the sale is over so the prices went up and I can put anything back on sale.   One Ebay person said you have to wait at least 1 day, but I got a feeling will have to wait 14 days and sales are going to drop way off in that 2 week period.    I think the min price has been at least $1 for awhile now.   Anyway, only thing we can do is wait another day or two and see if we can put one up then or send a bunch of stuff to auction with buy it nows at old sale price, don't really want to do that though cause if they do not sell at auction will have wait even longer to put them back on sale again.   Thanks Ebay, another great decision.  I guess they had posted this change, but I was too busy listing items and trying to make a living to read it before. 

Message 52 of 271
latest reply

Awful rule.  So much for fair market competition. When did Wenig become a Republican?

Message 53 of 271
latest reply

Ditto! Most of the items I sell is during a promotion.  Please ebay, fix this!

Message 54 of 271
latest reply

This is happening to me and it has absolutely KILLED my sales! This is a total disaster at the end of the month when I need to make rent. Ever since the sales I had going ended last night I have been unable to put anything on sale and I have literally sold nothing except a few things I had on auction. I was making $200 a day steadily and today I only made $25. I'm dropping prices on everything and moving things on auction to see if I can generate some sales.

Even if the markdown manager worked the way it's supposed to with the new 14-day thing it would be very bad. But not able to put ANYTHING on sale?! This is disastrous. eBay please fix this!!! Or BETTER YET, just change it back to old way!!! Many people's livelihoods are being affected by this bug.

Message 55 of 271
latest reply

This policy update is the most ridiculous yet. I wish I could talk to the "genius" that did not think this brainstrom thru. This is a total disconnet with retail reality. They did not even take into consideration retail holidays. Which means if you ran a sale and a popular shopping holiday is around the corner you could miss it over the 14 day "cooling off" period. WHO DOES THAT! What retail site would not make allowences for popular shopping holidays. This is eBays most stupid policy "down-grade" yet. They are actually not only hurting the sellers store sales they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. I'm still reeling over such an idiotic move. Again I want to talk to the idiot that had a bad idea and made it worse by not thinking it thru. So I will spend the next few days listing my items on Facebook Marketplace to have my annual 4th of July Summer Clearence Sale. This really is a dumb policy. I would expect better from a retail shopping site. This is not a hobby for a lot of use it is our livelihood. I have been selling for 30 years and have the sense to know not to restrict anyone from have a sale during a popular shopping holiday even if they just had a sale the week before...dumb, dumb, dumb.

Message 56 of 271
latest reply

tyler@ebay and brian.t@ebay 

Since Trinton is now on vacation, could you please see what is happening?  Trinton is saying one thing, but opposite things are happening.  CS is telling others it is working as planned.

Thank youi

Message 57 of 271
latest reply

I just went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping.

The first thing I noticed is that nothing was on sale.

All of those happy little "Rollback Price" signs were GONE!

I talked to a Walmart manager with a bad case of acne about the issue. "What happened to all the sales?"

He told me to come back in 14 days, and everything would be on sale again, for a little while anyway.

I told him that was a wonderful idea!

He grinned at me and giggled, and thanked me for the compliment. He had just been promoted from lettuce washer to management. He came up with the "No Sales" idea himself the other night while gaming at 2am with some of his friends from school.

So I left and went to a different store to buy groceries. Groceries which were actually on sale.

I am looking forward to shopping at Walmart again after 14 days. Maybe. If I have any money left.

The End

Message 58 of 271
latest reply

You want to know what is happening?

Ebay is flushing itself down the toilet.

I would pay a handsome sum right now to be a fly on the wall,

watching eBay management in the headquarters room,

scratching their heads, as they mumble and try to figure out why:

SALES HAVE TAKEN A MASSIVE PLUNGE,

ever since the 25th when they rolled out their new ingenious idea,

which PREVENTS sellers from MARKING ITEMS DOWN for WEEKS!

Ebay: You ARE becoming the worst ecommerce site in the universe.

And you have only yourselves to blame.

Your "Brand New Seller" strategies are becoming more horrific each spring, from the pages of a horror novel.

I am absolutely STUNNED at this latest moronic move.

This 14 day waiting period is the absolute stupidest thing yet, even worse than that audacious "6 month return policy" you tried (and failed) to enforce on us a couple years ago.

Message 59 of 271
latest reply

Trinton-

After reading through every single one of these questions and concerns from my fellow eBay sellers (on multiple threads) with regards to the devastating affect these "New and Improved Spring Seller Updates" have had on EVERYONE'S sales, the thought suddenly occured to me that the eBay top brass actually may not be able to understand many of the arguments presented here. There are many big words being used by professional retailers, and after reading your responses I have become concerned that you might be missing the point.

So, being a professional retailer myself, I got out some crayons and painted a picture of what these new updates will mean to everyone involved. In other words, these new changes will not only destroy sales and revenue for eBay sellers, but eBay's revenue is directly linked to that revenue, so eBay's revenue will also decrease dramatically.

In other words, these new seller updates, which are obviously intended to drastically reduce our sales, will also have a negative impact on eBay's revenue. Could you print this picture out and run it on up there to the kids up there at the top and show them my projected figures? Thanks!

(if they still don't get it, simply tell them to NOT expect anything near $45k in revenue from this seller over the next 30 months unless they put things back the way they were before this last stupid idea they scraped from the toilet was imposed upon us)

-Concerned eBay Seller since 2000

2018-06-28 Last 30 months 01.jpg

Message 60 of 271
latest reply