cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Saved Searches page

I just got a load of the new saved searches page and I have to say ebay has outdone itself on this one - what a horrible design and complete mess!   It looks like a page for idiots.   Why do they feel the need to change things that are just fine the way they are?  I actually deleted all of my saved searches because I cannot stand looking at that mess.  Ebay is slowly losing me as a user - really been going downhill for the past several years now.

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: New Saved Searches page

Wow - even worse than I thought.

So, given that eBay never listen to feedback and fix stuff that they've screwed up, I figured I'd try to make the best of it ...

There's now a heart icon by every saved search - seem like a "favorite" button right? So I thought I'd "un-favorite" my less-used searches to see if the page adapted in any smart way to that ...

The answer is NO ... clicking on the blue heart icon DELETES that saved search. I'm not kidding.

Message 16 of 75
latest reply

Yes, this new layout is horrible. I hate it. Give me my text list back. Oh charming, it forgets that you set it to be by name when you leave it. 

Message 17 of 75
latest reply

Here's a quick hack to get a tolerable Saved Searches list view back under Firefox.  It hasn't been thoroughly tested, won't work well with narrow windows, and looks a bit crap, but anything was better than the Ginormous Buttons of Insanity.

You'll need to drop the following into your userContent.css file and possibly restart Firefox.  (If you're unsure how to do that, see https://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/how-to-override-css-stylesheets-in-firefox/ for instructions.)

@-moz-document domain(www.ebay.com) {
        .saved-searches .search-item__bg-image {
                height:60px !important;
                width:75px !important;
        }
        .saved-ebay-image {
                height:100% !important;
        }
        .saved-searches {
                display:flex !important;
                margin-right:0 !important;
                width:94% !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item-bottom {
                margin-top:0 !important;
                margin-left:20px !important;
                width:860px !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item__title-section .ebayui-ellipsis-2 {
                max-width:none !important;
                min-width:750px !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item__subtitle {
                width:auto !important;
        }
                width:none !important;
                min-width:75 !important;
        }
}

Message 18 of 75
latest reply

For those not quite ready to implement a CSS hack, another possible option:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/my-saved-searches-list-has-changed/m-p/32712254/highlight...

Using a custom ad blocker filter rule or two, it is possible to suppress the large images and reduce the page to a multi-column text list of links.

Message 19 of 75
latest reply

Just out of curiosity......how did you know about this "feed" page and is there a link anywhere on ebay that directly connects to the feed?  I couldn't find any link to it, although it does work when I type the URL into the address bar....just wondering how you even knew about it.  It is a good workaround, by the way.

Message 20 of 75
latest reply

You can reach the Feed page using a link on the main ebay.com page that says "Saved" by the little heart icon next to the "Home" link:

eburtonlab_0-1645194649469.png

Message 21 of 75
latest reply

After some sleep and coffee, here's a better version that scales properly and look less crap.  At this point it's good enough for government work and looks a little something like this:

savedsearches.png

If you were brave enough to try my last effort, remove all the previous lines and replace them with these:

@-moz-document domain(www.ebay.com) {
        .grid {
                max-width:unset !important;
        }
        .mainContent {
                min-width:unset !important;
        }
        .saved-ebay-image {
                height:100% !important;
        }
        .saved-search-main {
                width:100% !important;
        }
        .saved-searches {
        }
                height:60px !important;
                min-width:75px !important;
                position:relative !important;
                width:75px !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item-bottom {
                margin-top:0 !important;
                margin-left:20px !important;
                min-width:0 !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item__title-section {
                min-width:0 !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item__title-section .ebayui-ellipsis-2 {
                max-width:unset !important;
        }
        .saved-searches .search-item__subtitle {
                width:auto !important;
        }
}

Message 22 of 75
latest reply

@crunchly 

Nicely done!

I just noticed the names of your saved searches, too.

Message 23 of 75
latest reply

Thanks for the tip.. I just bookmarked my Searches & my Saved Sellers from the 'feed' page and now it's even quicker to search than before. I knew when they screwed up the Saved Sellers page sometime ago that the Saved Searches page wouldn't be far behind... Thanks again.. (Who knew?)

Message 24 of 75
latest reply

What can I add to the comments above? ... changing something just for the sake of making it different is a stupid idea and this new Saved Search look is a complete mess. No one at Ebay cares I'm sure, but I thought I'd add my disgust to the pile anyway. 

Message 25 of 75
latest reply

Change it back!!! How do you edit them or delete ones? Too BIG!!!!  Enough of this 'change for change's sake!"

Message 26 of 75
latest reply

Get RID OF THE CHANGE or give us the option!! How do you delete or edit the searches as before? 

Message 27 of 75
latest reply

How do you edit them or delete ones?

You can delete a search by clicking on the blue heart icon on the Saved Search page or on the search results page.

You can edit a search by going to the search results, unsaving the old search, changing the keywords or filters, searching again, and then saving the new search. If you save the search using the eBay app, you will have the opportunity to save a name for the search.

See the rest of this thread for suggestions for alternative pages to use or ways to modify the new Saved Search page to make it easier to use or to make it more like the old page.

Message 28 of 75
latest reply

Great.  What's a feed page?

Message 29 of 75
latest reply

There is a link to the Feed page in message #3 and an image of where to find the link on the main eBay page in message #21.

The Feed page is a combination of items from your Saved Searches and Saved Sellers shown in feed form rather than as a list, but with links to individual saved searches or sellers available by clicking on the numbers of each saved list shown at the top of the page.

Message 30 of 75
latest reply