cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help on Saved Searches History (Highlighted) - Maybe it's just me !!!

I use Saved Searches every day speed reason like most.  I key in my search name BMW and click the drop down to search "Newly Listed", this is the KEY.  I then save it as BMW for this example sake.  I click though all of today’s listing so far as they will all be at the Top based on the choice of "Newly Listed" and notice that ALL my listings that I have looked at are HIGHLIGHTED when I'm done and this is a good thing.

Now is where something has changed or I clicked some setting or I'm just losing my mind.  When I come back to the saved search tomorrow, I click on it and the new listed listing all show up as normal.  However, if I scroll down to the previous days listings, all of those have had the HIGHLIGHTS removed from the listing name.  So if any more were listed after I logged off the first day, I would not know that I reviewed them already.  I use this feature all the time to bring me back to where I left off looking at listings and makes the process of searching so much faster !!

What have I done wrong and clicked that would make the HIGHKLIGHT go away ??  I'm very experienced with EBAY and PC's but for the life of me can't figure this out and I don't want to have to call EBAY on it.  Any ideas ???

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Need Help on Saved Searches History (Highlighted) - Maybe it's just me !!!

my regular category searches are botched again as well. This is becoming very common on this site. Usually I can find a work around but this time it looks as though I may have to delete them and restart until they change something again. Very agrivating .... 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@the_rocks_collectables

It's not just you -- and you haven't done anything wrong.

eBay has recently changed the way search item URLs are constructed; this has the unfortunate result of making each URL in a search unique based on its place in the list (its "rank"). When the list changes as new items are added, the order changes and the URLs change. Your browser doesn't recognize the new URL, so it can't change the color of the link to show that it has been visited before. 

More details about the discovery of this issue and some attempts at a workaround can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bookmarks-for-items-viewed/td-p/29057883

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@force_of_iron

my regular category searches are botched again as well. This is becoming very common on this site. Usually I can find a work around but this time it looks as though I may have to delete them and restart until they change something again. Very agrivating .... 

What is the issue with your category searches?

Don't delete anything yet -- there is always the chance that you are experiencing a glitch; eBay may still change things back. Or there may be a simple workaround to fix your existing searches.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Awesome, Thanks so very much as I was really starting to get irritated.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

OUTSTANDING information and i would never have known that a change EBAY did could impact my daily usage as much as it has !!  It's tripleted my time to get things done compared to before the changes. 

WOW, WOW.  Thanks again and great Information !!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Got it. I won't delete what I have, especially since that could be quite painful as I'm like most of us that have maxed out search counts but very specific to my needs. It really would be painful top have to make new ones !!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply