cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH MY EBAY STORE!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My social security number is incorrect, and I can't sell anything on my eBay Store until it's resolved!  Here's what happened:  I was trying to update my eBay eCommerce Store tax information.  I wanted to use my business EIN rather than my SSN.  I was advised by an eBay representative to update my Government ID verification.   This section can be found under Business Info > Owner's Details.  I updated the Government ID verification (which had my SSN registered), and entered my EIN and then saved the new number at the direction of the eBay representative.  Well, the eBay representative didn't know what he was doing.  The EIN was saved in a SSN format, now the system thinks my SSN is the EIN that was entered.  Obviously this will cause me great trouble when my 1099-K is issued because it won't match my SSN.   I've had many conversations thru Bot Chat, Live Chat, and phone calls.  I've started (3) escalation tickets, all to no avail.  No phones calls, no emails.... nothing!  I've missed my opportunity to sell items during the Christmas Season.  I believe that eBay's IT department can help me with this issue by allowing me to enter my SSN in the Government ID verification box.   Also, IT has the ability to allow me to update my owner details using my EIN rather than my SSN for tax purposes.  At this point, I would be glad to just update my SSN.  Meanwhile, I'm paying for an eBay Store subscription, and can't sell anything.  Has anyone ever had this happen to them?  If so, had did you get this resolved? 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0