cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My shipping labels are printing the wrong way...horizontal instead of vertical......HOW DO I FIX IT?

My shipping labels suddenly have started printing in the wrong direction....THERE IS NO PLACE THAT I CAN FIND TO CORRECT THIS!  I don't have time to start trimming every label......it seems that every time an ebay executive comes up with a new idea to justify his or her salary......THE SELLERS SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!  Can anyone tell me how to fix this???

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: My shipping labels are printing the wrong way...horizontal instead of vertical......HOW DO I FIX

@the_purveyor_of_needful_things wrote:

My shipping labels suddenly have started printing in the wrong direction....THERE IS NO PLACE THAT I CAN FIND TO CORRECT THIS!  I don't have time to start trimming every label......it seems that every time an ebay executive comes up with a new idea to justify his or her salary......THE SELLERS SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!  Can anyone tell me how to fix this???

@the_purveyor_of_needful_things  It's probably a browser issue.  For instance, I'm on Firefox  and the latest update has goobered up my labels, and I've needed to go into the preferences to fix it - in my case it's size (I use a thermal printer), but in your case sounds like orientation.

So that's something to check.

ETA:  It's not just ebay, it's all three sites where I sell AND the shipping app I use.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 77
latest reply

Re: My shipping labels are printing the wrong way...horizontal instead of vertical......HOW DO I FIX

You can change your paper orientation (download the label instead of printing from the browser). Once you open it as a PDF you can change it from Portrait to Landscape (and vice versa). It happened to me and making the change from paper orientation worked fine.

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

Bookpage -

Same thing happened to me. Yes, you can do what you say, but just another step in the process to slow things down. In and of itself, not a big deal. Add up all the little changes, yes it is a big deal. Drives me nuts. 

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

I am having the same problem. On hold with Ebay right now. There is definitely some sort of glitch and I agree who has time cut and tape. 

Message 5 of 77
latest reply

Did you get any answers? Having the same issue here.  It's annoying, but all I want is a fix. Spent the day resizing and trimming paper labels since it won't format for my sticker labels. Not great!

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

Ebay told me they are aware of the glitch. I asked if they were making a global fix and they told me no that they were doing it individually. I have a case number, but still not fixed. I assume we arent the only ones. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

How do we report this in order to get a case number?  

Message 8 of 77
latest reply

Wasting time here looking for an answer to this glitch.  Why do they mess around with something that worked just fine.  This is the only site that I have the issue, so it is not a browser issue.  

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

I contacted customer service through the help screen

Message 10 of 77
latest reply

Same problem here since Friday.....  Anyone who has contacted eBay, please keep us posted if they fixed yours.

Message 11 of 77
latest reply

Same problem here - I'll watch for an answer to remedy

Message 12 of 77
latest reply

Rotate

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

I'm having the same issue, and of course, it happens when I have about 13 labels to print! This was an eBay glitch a while back and it eventually got fixed in a couple of days.

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

same issue here...just marking the thread to watch for a fix

Message 15 of 77
latest reply