cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My eBay stores is not Showing ongoing Listing. Abt 5000 listings are active but eBay shop says Nil.

Hi,

There are more than 1000 questioning about kind of technical error and issues but there is no guide or solution available on this board. It seems it is westing of time , sharing here.

After my VACATION. As I turned it "Off " , I did not noticed any business for last 4 days, I checked all possibilities and noted that my eBAY store is dead, showing there is nothing in my eBay stores to sell though there are more than 4000 listings are active.

Would like to know , Is there any medicine to make my store LIVE ? Please help.

rare_arts
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: My eBay stores is not Showing ongoing Listing. Abt 5000 listings are active but eBay shop says

@Anonymous wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @pjcdn2005, when I review your listings with a shipping address in The United States, I see Standard and Economy Int'l Shipping options. When I switch to a shipping address in Canada, I see Standard Shipping. Standard Shipping would work domestically within Canada. Canadian buyers looking at your items on eBay.com can see them because you have an option that would ship to those buyers. The difference between your listings and and the OP's is that you offer a shipping option that would ship to buyers in your country and the OP does not.

The OP's listings do not show Standard Shipping or any other Domestic Option for India-to-India shipments. When you change your shipping location to India, the listing only show Standard International Shipping and this is why buyers in India would not see the sellers items in search results. There is no shipping option selected that would ship to those buyers in India, so the items do not appear in search. 

I have confirmed that this is working as intended and the reason that the OP is running into this issue is due to the shipping options they have selected. The problem you refer to with Hawaii and Alaska is a separate issue and something our tech teams are reviewing. The problem the OP is running into can be resolved by adding a shipping option that would ship to buyers in their country.

@Anonymous

Sorry Trinton, but I can't agree with you because it is impossible for the OP to add a domestic shipping option for buyers in India.

As I explained to @dhbookds in post 9, I list on both .ca and .com.  My listings on .ca are obviously in $C and show domestic shipping to Canada and international shipping to the US.  My .com listings such as item 352540344408 shows the opposite....international shipping to Canada and domestic shipping to the US.  That is the only way that international sellers can list when they ship to their own country.

You and books might want to try this..

Sign into .ca...you have to sign in there or it won't work properly.  Click on one of my Coach listings and click on sell now as if you are going to sell a similar one.  Scroll down to the shipping section and you will see that the first section is for shipping to Canada only.  If you scroll down to the international section and choose that you ship to the US, you'll see that your only options are to use a generic choice such as standard international shipping. There are no domestic options for you even though you are signed in and the system knows where you are located.

I did check a couple of other sellers from India and their listings are also not visible to anyone in their own country.  But that isn't true for all international sellers. Item 172382340158 is for a seller in Russia.  They use the term economy international for shipping to Russia. (keep in mind this is only a genric term..it isn't an actual method of shipping)  If I view their other listings with a Russian location, I see 38 listings. If I use a US location, I see 38 listings.  I see 38 listings in their store too, regardless of my location.  So like my listings, theirs are visible to their own country even though the option showing is international.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Re: My eBay stores is not Showing ongoing Listing. Abt 5000 listings are active but eBay shop says

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rare_arts wrote:

Hi,

There are more than 1000 questioning about kind of technical error and issues but there is no guide or solution available on this board. It seems it is westing of time , sharing here.

After my VACATION. As I turned it "Off " , I did not noticed any business for last 4 days, I checked all possibilities and noted that my eBAY store is dead, showing there is nothing in my eBay stores to sell though there are more than 4000 listings are active.

Hi @rare_arts, I just wanted to add that specifically with you being located in India, you would need to select the shipping choices for India when setting up your domestic shipping options. See the screenshot below:

India_shipping_option_domestic.JPG

The highlighted option is an example of the Economy Service you would need to offer for buyers in India to see your listings. Though not pictured here, there are also corresponding options for Standard and Expedited shipping.

Note: See comment #23 for an update on this topic as a misunderstanding led to irrelavent steps being advised.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @pjcdn2005, when I review your listings with a shipping address in The United States, I see Standard and Economy Int'l Shipping options. When I switch to a shipping address in Canada, I see Standard Shipping. Standard Shipping would work domestically within Canada. Canadian buyers looking at your items on eBay.com can see them because you have an option that would ship to those buyers. The difference between your listings and and the OP's is that you offer a shipping option that would ship to buyers in your country and the OP does not.

The OP's listings do not show Standard Shipping or any other Domestic Option for India-to-India shipments. When you change your shipping location to India, the listing only show Standard International Shipping and this is why buyers in India would not see the sellers items in search results. There is no shipping option selected that would ship to those buyers in India, so the items do not appear in search. 

I have confirmed that this is working as intended and the reason that the OP is running into this issue is due to the shipping options they have selected. The problem you refer to with Hawaii and Alaska is a separate issue and something our tech teams are reviewing. The problem the OP is running into can be resolved by adding a shipping option that would ship to buyers in their country.

@Anonymous

Sorry Trinton, but I can't agree with you because it is impossible for the OP to add a domestic shipping option for buyers in India.

As I explained to @dhbookds in post 9, I list on both .ca and .com.  My listings on .ca are obviously in $C and show domestic shipping to Canada and international shipping to the US.  My .com listings such as item 352540344408 shows the opposite....international shipping to Canada and domestic shipping to the US.  That is the only way that international sellers can list when they ship to their own country.

You and books might want to try this..

Sign into .ca...you have to sign in there or it won't work properly.  Click on one of my Coach listings and click on sell now as if you are going to sell a similar one.  Scroll down to the shipping section and you will see that the first section is for shipping to Canada only.  If you scroll down to the international section and choose that you ship to the US, you'll see that your only options are to use a generic choice such as standard international shipping. There are no domestic options for you even though you are signed in and the system knows where you are located.

I did check a couple of other sellers from India and their listings are also not visible to anyone in their own country.  But that isn't true for all international sellers. Item 172382340158 is for a seller in Russia.  They use the term economy international for shipping to Russia. (keep in mind this is only a genric term..it isn't an actual method of shipping)  If I view their other listings with a Russian location, I see 38 listings. If I use a US location, I see 38 listings.  I see 38 listings in their store too, regardless of my location.  So like my listings, theirs are visible to their own country even though the option showing is international.

Hi @pjcdn2005, please see my most recent response for more details instructions for the OP. I can reiterate, the options that you have selected would ship to buyers in Canada. The options the OP has selected would not ship to buyers in India. Since they do not have any options that would ship to India, Indian buyers cannot see their items. Since your listings have options that would ship to Canada, Canadian buyers have no problem seeing your listings.

Note: See comment #23 for an update on this topic as a misunderstanding led to irrelavent steps being advised.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

I don't think we are looking t the same listing.........look here..........this shows Canada to Canada international shipping............

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Mens-Signature-Varsity-Stripe-Slim-Billfold-Wallet-F26173-Midnight-Navy/352556842569?hash=item5216067e49:g:YNwAAOSwdhdcKWtV:rk:6:pf:0#shpCntId#shId

Hi @dhbookds, thanks for sharing this! I can see what you are seeing in this listing and can confirm that the reason this still allows for Canadian buyers to see the listing is because that shipping method would provide service domestically within Canada. For sellers in India, they would need to select the specific shipping service in India for buyers located within their country to see their items.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@rare_arts wrote:

Hi,

Hi @rare_arts, I just wanted to add that specifically with you being located in India, you would need to select the shipping choices for India when setting up your domestic shipping options. See the screenshot below:

The highlighted option is an example of the Economy Service you would need to offer for buyers in India to see your listings. Though not pictured here, there are also corresponding options for Standard and Expedited shipping.

@Anonymous

That is not going to work! That section is only for shipping to the US. Note that the first option 'standard shipping from outside of the US' is the option that I usually use for shipping to the US.  The op currently uses the economy shipping from outside of the US.  If he changes to what you suggest, his listing will then show that shipping uses mail service to India.  That will not affect his shipping to India because India is in the international shipping section on this site.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

I don't think we are looking t the same listing.........look here..........this shows Canada to Canada international shipping............

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Mens-Signature-Varsity-Stripe-Slim-Billfold-Wallet-F26173-Midnight-Navy/352556842569?hash=item5216067e49:g:YNwAAOSwdhdcKWtV:rk:6:pf:0#shpCntId#shId

Hi @dhbookds, thanks for sharing this! I can see what you are seeing in this listing and can confirm that the reason this still allows for Canadian buyers to see the listing is because that shipping method would provide service domestically within Canada. For sellers in India, they would need to select the specific shipping service in India for buyers located within their country to see their items.

@Anonymous

Sorry you lost me.  That listing shows international shipping to Canada, where do you see the domestic option?

Please look again at my post about making a listing on .ca which is an international site for you. You will see that what you suggest is not possible.

Also, how do you explain that the Russian seller can state that shipping to Russia is international yet their listings can be seen.

I am sure that you have other things to do than to debate this issue but I know that in this situation what you are suggesting is not going to help the seller. Please look again at what we are showing you.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@rare_arts wrote:

Hi,

@Anonymous

That is not going to work! That section is only for shipping to the US. Note that the first option 'standard shipping from outside of the US' is the option that I usually use for shipping to the US.  The op currently uses the economy shipping from outside of the US.  If he changes to what you suggest, his listing will then show that shipping uses mail service to India.  That will not affect his shipping to India because India is in the international shipping section on this site.

@Anonymous

Sorry I had a typo in this post above. It should say :

That section is only for shipping to the US. Note that the first option 'standard shipping from outside of the US' is the option that I usually use for shipping to the US.  The op currently uses the economy shipping from outside of the US. If he changes to what you suggest, his listing will then show that for shipping to the US, he will be using a mail service from India. That will not affect his shipping to India because India is in the international shipping section on this site. It will only affect his shipping options to the US.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@rare_arts wrote:

Hi,

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

Sorry I had a typo in this post above. It should say :

That section is only for shipping to the US. Note that the first option 'standard shipping from outside of the US' is the option that I usually use for shipping to the US.  The op currently uses the economy shipping from outside of the US. If he changes to what you suggest, his listing will then show that for shipping to the US, he will be using a mail service from India. That will not affect his shipping to India because India is in the international shipping section on this site. It will only affect his shipping options to the US.

Hi @pjcdn2005, you are right! I'm so sorry, I (clearly) have completely misunderstood.

I won't go into a lengthy explanation of why I was confused (you can ask brian@ebay to confirm that it was an unnecessarily long series of misunderstandings) but I will go ahead and get this over to our tech teams review because it does look like this is the same error that some of our sellers in Alaska and Hawaii are running into.

I apologize that it too me so long to catch my mistake and appreciate you following up until we got on the same page. I'm going to edit my previous responses to include a notice that they should be disregarded so as not to confuse any future readers.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Thank you Trinton. I'm glad that we are on the same page and I can feel my blood pressure going down. 🙂

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

GREAT!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for help & explanation to resolve this issues.

I did updated bulk listing as you advised but it does not resolve the issue.

In my efforts to resolve this issue,

I talked with assigned account manager ,who is employed by eBay and assist us to help day to day issue and promote eBay business , he replied that these changes are applied by eBay system team ,made applicable from last 10-12 days only .

These explanation seems funny , there are lot of complains , discussion available on community board from long early period.

A seller / buyer on eBay needs to login which needs a address like eBay.com, eBay.uk, ebay.au. , like, which allow him to visit that particular location.

When a Indian buyer checking site of eBay.com , he should be able to visit all available on eBay usa site as it was early.

I personally feel, it has nothing with shipping policy , I frequently visit many items listed by eBay USA buyer do not offer shipping to India are well visible .

In my case , I excluded India buyers still the problem is there.

The most important is , my stores URL link even does not work with google server.

Why, here neither I am a seller or buyer concern with location.

It is 100% system punching and misuse of rights of e shop holders under its subscription terms and condition.

I appreciate and wish your efforts and action to resolve this issue . 

I expect you will be able to bring all facts in notice of eBay team to resolve the same for benefit of eBay community as whole .

Regards

rare_arts
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Thanks for help & explanation to resolve this issues.

I did updated bulk listing as you advised but it does not resolve the issue.

In my efforts to resolve this issue,

I talked with assigned account manager ,who is employed by eBay and assist us to help day to day issue and promote eBay business , he replied that these changes are applied by eBay system team ,made applicable from last 10-12 days only .

These explanation seems funny , there are lot of complains , discussion available on community board from long early period.

A seller / buyer on eBay needs to login which needs a address like eBay.com, eBay.uk, ebay.au. , like, which allow him to visit that particular location.

When a Indian buyer checking site of eBay.com , he should be able to visit all available on eBay usa site as it was early.

I personally feel, it has nothing with shipping policy , I frequently visit many items listed by eBay USA buyer do not offer shipping to India are well visible .

In my case , I excluded India buyers still the problem is there.

The most important is , my stores URL link even does not work with google server.

Why, here neither I am a seller or buyer concern with location.

It is 100% system punching and misuse of rights of e shop holders under its subscription terms and condition.

I appreciate and wish your efforts and action to resolve this issue . 

I expect you will be able to bring all facts in notice of eBay team to resolve the same for benefit of eBay community as whole .

Regards

rare_arts
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi,

It has nothing to do with shipping policy or any technical inside except the buyer /Seller / any other address  location should be not within of India , it must be other than india.

A person having address location of USA can view subscribed shop of indian seller as promised by eBay, where as an Indian buyer having address location of within India is debarred to enjoy benefits using shop.

Why ? I do not find any reason but sure it hampers business Growth in a sense that Indian seller is not readily available to answer potential buyers concerns query which otherwise a seller can prompt using his Shop.

Thanks for reading me.

rare_arts
Message 28 of 28
latest reply