cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Collection

When I click to add to collection the system logs me out then "Sorry, there are system errors. Please try again."

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: My Collection

I am using Firefox on a Windows 10 laptop. My problems seem to have started about three or four weeks after everyone else's.

I cannot add any items to Collections, but my problem seems to be a little different than how others have described it. I don't get an error message. Instead, when I click to add an item to a collection, the pop-up window never finishes loading. I just get a an animated dot going in a circle in an otherwise blank window. I have cleared my cache and my cookies. I have re-started my computer. I have signed out and back in to ebay. Nothing seems to work.  It has been this way for at least a few days now.

Is there any answer to this problem?

TIA,

Jimmy

Also - unrelated, but I too am not happy about having to delete items from collections one at a time with the page reloading completely each time. We used to be able to delete several items at once. It was a real time saver before, but now what used to take a few seconds can take me several minutes.

Message 31 of 59
latest reply

Some more information: It seems that only auction listings can't be added to collections, but Buy-It-Now listings can be added. The glitch is somewhere in the auction listings only.
Message 32 of 59
latest reply

Auction 282653720793
Title DEC PDP-11 Digital BA11-KE Mounting Box
Up on 9/17/2017
Is a buy it now. It doesn't work for me.

I've had the problem for months. Only randomly did it allow me to add. I tried clearing some old auctions from my collections thinking there might be a problem with large numbers of expired auctions, with no success.

I maintain a large list of computer, camera and other parts, with watches typically notifying me.

I like having the collections to check past things, even after they are purged.

Also, note that on some browsers, I see a selection of different titled watch lists, whose names I selected. On Firefox, no, sometimes on Chrome yes.

I use many systems, I'm a computer developer, and have a lot of systems running to test this on, and get uniform failure. No info from Ebay on these errors to assist their developers in tracing the source of the failures in their code, or in our browsers execution.

I couldn't debug this nonsense w/o such tags, not sure how they can. However that is what I've got to report.
Message 33 of 59
latest reply

Hi, good morning my name is Humphrey, i have some day that i cant find my collection in ebay. i put item that i want to buy in my collection and now i am ready to buy i have to search again for the item. please help to resolve this matter

Message 34 of 59
latest reply

it's been over a week since i started getting the same error everyone else has but today a new issue has occured, instead of telling me there is an error when i click on a collections folder it just automatically closes out the 'add to collection' options box before it loads

i use my collections to make most of my purchases. with the errors i am just buying my stuff from other places instead of on ebay. i do at most half the shopping i did before and when i spend between 20usd and 90usd a month on mail-order goods i think it would behoove them to actually encourage me not to take my business elsewhere

Message 35 of 59
latest reply

I know this sounds silly, because people are giving you really complex answers to your question, but I don't think it's that complicated, have you tried just moving the screen diwn slightly and then. Clicking on your collections, also waiting for the page to finish loading also helps. I had this exact same problem, I deleted my account and created a new one, but it was still happening even though I had hardly any thing saved in my account, I then decide playing around and found that moving the screen a little or just waiting for the page to finish loading helped a lot, it hadn't really happened since, only when I forget to do those two things. Hope this helps you as well if your still having problems. 

Message 36 of 59
latest reply

hi can you lso pdd my details on aswell please
Message 37 of 59
latest reply

yes same here! EBAY PLEASE FIX THIS!
Message 38 of 59
latest reply

I have tried both my browser on my Mac and Google Chrome, which Ebay kept telling me I HAD to use so I wouldn't have problems. Guess what???? I still have the same problems.
Message 39 of 59
latest reply

This is EXACTLY what I get every time I try to add items to my collections. It worked almost flawless for close to a year and then a little over a month back (sept-2017) all my collections disappeared!! Last week I saw the collections were back but when i try to add an item to a collection I get this same "system errors" message same as in your screen shot.

I use this function A LOT for personal and business and I am very unhappy ebay tech has not fixed this. I have chrome/android setup. Have tried everything the other poster's have with same results........, "sorry, there are system errors". 

SO......, WHAT'S THE DING-DANG DEAL HERE?

Message 40 of 59
latest reply

I have had this problem for months on different browsers.

I have discovered a work around. If you have an item you have in one browser (say Chrome), go to another one (e.g. IE). Delete all cookies. Go to the ebay home page, click sign in and do so. Then copy the address of your item from the other browser and paste it into the address bar of this one. Add it to the collection you most recently used. You are now logged into collections and can add it to another one and create collections. If create collection fails, it may not have done - you can start with another new browser to pick it up.

I hope ebay addresses this. I don't think it is a user failure. I think the collections facility is no properly linked to the user being logged in if they are permanently logged in.

Message 41 of 59
latest reply

@qwer78

When you tried that procedure, did it work for a fixed-price (buy it now) listing, or an auction listing? Can you add both types of listings to your collections?

I can add fixed-price listings to my collections in any browser or account, but I can't add auction listings to my collections in any browser, or any account.

Message 42 of 59
latest reply

I have been have issues with various collections I want to save. This appears to be with the UK ebay saves that I have this issue. Is there some way that this can be avoided and anything I want to save is trouble free. Thanks.
Message 43 of 59
latest reply

I've been having a similar problem for the last few weeks as well, some pages will save into one of my collection folders, some will not. When they fail, my "saving" indicator just spins to infinity, when they work, they save immediately.

It seems totally random - tho all the items that have worked and not worked for me were "Buy it now" items, I think. I've gone back after signing out/in and tried to save those same pages again, and they still fail to save.

I hope eBay addreses the issue -- I like the Collections feature after using it for this long, and I think more Sellers should be frustrated if they realized that some people's items will save to collections and other's won't - it could make the difference in a sale, maybe multiple sales.

I'm on a different machine today, I'll try it again for something that I know wouldn't save after dumping the cache...

Message 44 of 59
latest reply

Dec 16th and cant add to collection after a couple of months.

About half the time if I open another browser i can save it... but not always.

Half the time I cant even SAVE an item.

Message 45 of 59
latest reply