cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Collection

When I click to add to collection the system logs me out then "Sorry, there are system errors. Please try again."

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: My Collection

Any answer to that for your posted question?  I have been getting the same error for several days now: "Sorry, there are system errors. Please try again."

Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Me too, now second day in a row... I tried using the site with different domains, only switching between .com, .co.uk and .de and they all give the same error message, but .de in German of course.

This only rules out that it's not a domain-specific error but somehow global. I still want to know why this happens, too, and get it fixed.

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

Same issue, for the past 4 or 5 days now. Hoping this will be corrected soon! 

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Ditto, only I have experienced this for quite a while now and am truly fed up with the ignoring user's complaints on this issue. AGREE 100%!  Obviously no one cares, as this problem is ongoing, what idiots they are! If I cannot save items in collections i have made, there is no way in Hades that I will bother to keep re-searching in order to buy! Their search engine is a hot mess anyway, always has been flawed, and I can't depend on using it.  Way to "hiss" people off, eBay!

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

@Anonymous

Do you have any clue why several members are having issues with their Collections and possibly other lists?

TIA.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dollybeauty wrote:

@Anonymous

Do you have any clue why several members are having issues with their Collections and possibly other lists?

TIA.

I just tested this out on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome without running into an issue. Can you guys tell me what browser you are using? Does the problem persist after you have cleared cache & cookies? Keep me posted, I'll be happy to dig into this further!

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Thanks Trinton. Let's see what we can dig up amoung these members.

@m_pickell

@orignalmedicbob.

@its_kristin

@rikuzenith

Please try to help Trinton out. Any info on your browser, whether you have trued to clear coolies/cache, etc. The more info you can provide the bettert chance Trinton will be able to duplicate this issue.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 8 of 59
latest reply

@dollybeauty wrote:

Thanks Trinton. Let's see what we can dig up amoung these members.

@m_pickell

@orignalmedicbob.

@its_kristin

@rikuzenith

Please try to help Trinton out. Any info on your browser, whether you have trued to clear coolies/cache, etc. The more info you can provide the bettert chance Trinton will be able to duplicate this issue.

You are awesome DollyBeauty! Although I did giggle snort when I read the typo re clearing "coolies" lol.....had a mental pic of little glitch monsters wearing coolie hats, running out of my laptop! scream

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

Don't knpw if there will be much response tonight on this Trinton. You are working late. Noticed that there are half a dozen on the M@M. This may be a cookies problem, especially if the members are ones that stay signed in. Just a thought...

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

I'm using Chrome on a Win7 desktop. I've been using this configuration for a few years with no more than the usual glitches, but usually can work through them. The issue I'm having, now, is that when I click on Edit Collections, the only option showing in the upper left corner of each image says "Remove". Okay, so when I click "Remove" and then click Save Changes, the page refreshes back to the beginning and takes me to the bottom of the page. So I click the up arrow and have to click Edit Collection again. I am only able to remove one item at a time. This only just started. Before that, it was actually starting to work fine. I had the drop down list and could click Remove on each item I wanted to delete, and then click Done Editing, when I was actually done. That makes me think there was some change made to the Collections page that altered the way it works. It's definitely not a cookie issue. If the edit options weren't changed and I had the same issue, then I could see a cookie issue being the likely problem.

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

Trinton,

I have been experiencing issues with the collection feature, on and off for many months now. However NOW the feature is totally unusable as I cannot add anything what so ever. I even tried making a new collection in case there was a limited # of items/collection. NO joy, nadda, same error message of technical issues-"Sorry, there are system errors. Please try again."  AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

My efforts to resolve: I have rebooted my system, cleared cookies, cleared cache and history, all system and browser updates are current, logged out of and back into eBay - still can't add to collections & consistantly get "Sorry, there are system errors. Please try again."

I tried different OS's -  an older Win 98 machine, a Windows Vista  , a Windows 8.1,  a windows 10, plus tablet browsers, even an iPhone...makes no difference, as  collection issue occurs with ALL  of them. The IOs app for iPhone does not allow adding items to colletions, and does not display them ether as designed...more on that below.

I use Firefox and Chrome browsers on my  machines, all current versions....still same issue occurs with collections. I have temporarily disabled AV & malware programs and firewall just to see if that was the glitch....nope, it wasn't. I temporarily disabled pop-up blockers, and similar browser add-ons, anything that could potentially interfear.... nope, still can't add items to my collections.

The iPhone ebay app, while having a reference to view and use collections, once at that link within the app, nothing loads! All I see is "FOLLOW COLLECTIONS" heading.....below stating " Follow a collection and revisit it whenever you need a dose of inspiration", with graphics below that wording of 3 gray empty photo frames...that's it and as good as it gets on the IOS attempt......(*or more likely a dose of FRUSTRATION instead of the intended inspiration!). How in the world can your IOS developers not know this, and have it fixed by now, or at least address and own the issue????? Appalling situation IMHO. I will try to attach screenshots of this.no IOS add to Collection buttonno IOS add to Collection button

this is as good as it gets - nothing displaysthis is as good as it gets - nothing displays

I even ran OS's under safe mode with minimum programs loaded.....NOTHING makes this work and it is infuriating. I NEED my collections to make my purchases and re-orders, I use this feature often and DEPEND on it to keep me organized ( used to anyway, can't now).

No collections= less or no purchases!

I detest using the eBay search engine due to deceptive sneaky ads listed in the results, as too many sellers listings state a good price UNTIL you actually click on their ad auction from the search results ...only to find that low price is for a totally different item, while the item I searched for is deceptively much higher priced in a dropdown menu on their ad ( typical overseas seller bait and switch search cheat, usually but not always occurs with China or Malaysia sellers- this annoys the heck out of me, and I wish eBay would put a stop to this deception and waste of buyers time/efforts, but I digress).  

This is an eBay technical issue, on eBay's end, period. Your programmers are not coding/maintaining this site properly. This is a major fault and issue that needs urgent immediate resolution. I truly hope you make it a priority to fix this. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ssik1974 wrote:

I'm using Chrome on a Win7 desktop. I've been using this configuration for a few years with no more than the usual glitches, but usually can work through them. The issue I'm having, now, is that when I click on Edit Collections, the only option showing in the upper left corner of each image says "Remove". Okay, so when I click "Remove" and then click Save Changes, the page refreshes back to the beginning and takes me to the bottom of the page. So I click the up arrow and have to click Edit Collection again. I am only able to remove one item at a time. This only just started. Before that, it was actually starting to work fine. I had the drop down list and could click Remove on each item I wanted to delete, and then click Done Editing, when I was actually done. That makes me think there was some change made to the Collections page that altered the way it works. It's definitely not a cookie issue. If the edit options weren't changed and I had the same issue, then I could see a cookie issue being the likely problem.

Hey everyone, it appears that some of the experiences listed here are a part of updates we've made. I can pass along feedback regarding deleting more than one item at a time from collections. For those who are having trouble adding items to collections or managing their collections on the eBay Desktop Site, I'm happy to get this passed on to our tech teams. Be sure to include the browser you are using and the troubleshooting steps you have taken thus far, and if anyone has screenshots of error messages that would be most appreciated!

As for collections within the app, I was able to replicate the issue where collections are not displaying properly within the app on both iOS and Android, so can get this reported on. I don't believe that the lack of an "Add to collection" option is intentional, so will report this as well. Some of the collection management functions have not been features of the app in the past, but I can pass along the request for more options to be added. 

Thanks again to everyone for the details you have provided! I will work to get this resolved as quickly as I can. 

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

I get the same problem here for the past 24 hours, whether I have a VPN or not. So the VPN is probably not the problem.

Firefox 54 on Windows 7 and 8. I tried this on 2 PCs and got the same error. I really liked the collections because I don't want to watch something and get all these unnecessary notifications. Plus with watches you cannot group things in a group. That said, I might have 60 items in different collections, and that is not useful all in the one "watch" group.

While I've seen some rude complaints about this issue, their complaints are still valid and someone at Ebay doesn't seem to understand software design, nor what users like and why they like it. Collections are not the same as watches, and that's why we like making different Collections.

I restarted FF and then cleared my cache, reloaded the Ebay page and tried to add an item to a collection and I still get an error. Yesterday I rebooted my work PC and I still got the error.

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

I have a screenshot here.

ebay-coll1.png

Message 15 of 59
latest reply