cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown manager not letting me edit start end date

When I go to relist my different sales in markdown manager, it is not showing the date boxes to edit.  It lists the old date but gives no option to change.markdown manager.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Markdown manager not letting me edit start end date

If eBay is finally shutting down Markdown Manager, this is the clumsiest way I can possibly imagine to do so.  No error messages, no clear communication?

The new Promotions system is awful and everyone - including eBay customer support I've spoken with - know it.

Sellers like us keep eBay in business, we pay their salaries, we keep their lights on. Was one single seller consulted on the transition from Markdown Manager to the new Promotions tool? Was there any user testing with actual sellers?  Do they listen to any feedback?  My guess is no, no and no.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Are we going to have to redo our promotions?  I put a lot of thought and time grouping stuff into different promotions.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm having the exact same problem.  Extremely frustrating.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes you have to use the new tool, just redid my store promotions using https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I noticed that this morning but i made it work, i had to recreate the sales with the new tool

and forget about the old one.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH GB_PREMIUM! NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER TO SELLERS, VENDORS OR SUPPORT CHANNELS. THIS NEEDS TO BE PERCEIVED AS A BUG - SOMETHING OR SOMEBODY MESSED UP!!!!!!

Submitting Design Change & Functionality Feature requests to a black hole for consideration for future product builds and service upgrades is not going to resolve my issue today of my current promotions being unable to be reactivated and my sales coming to a screeching halt as a result. Nothing is going to be changed overnight and this goes back to the original issue that new tools should not be forced upon us until they have all the functionality of the old tools. Until that happens, the old tool should still be available for advanced users.

I spoke to 2 agents in 2 different callcenters and neither heard any communication about this issue and their entire team and supervisors were 'baffled'. Hence, why they opened a problem bug report. I have since been called back and advised they are adding tenant accounts to the bug report as people call to escalate the issue.

I worked as a manager in high level upper tier technical support for 15 years for some of the 'really really relly big ones' and have seen some of the biggest companies out there make changes without communicating to their customers, vendors, or support channels. They take a 'wait and see what happens' approach. Only if the call volume and queues become inundated with requests will they take reactive measures. Otherwise, they just wait it out and then later tell support 'Oh yeah, we changed that without telling you and the bug is being closed.' Then they finally proceed to blast out a tip to support channels after the fact and ask for no more bugs to be reported on the issue.

Therefore, if you do not call inbound to get the issue escalated for visibility, it will not be an issue that warrants addressing in their eyes. The directive probably came from people in a very high level that only see the forest from a zoomed out view and do not really understand what is going on at the ground floor level - They have to understand it is an issue and if you do not report it, then it is not a problem.

This just completely reeks of poor business practices and bad communication all around to not only the sellers but also the employees!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ki markdown still works for the time being 🙂

https://apps.ebay.com/selling?appId=kimarkdown.kioui-apps.com

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just like eBay's cellphone AP without a Request Invoice button!

As Darth Vader might say-

"Clumsy as it is stupid!"

eBay is not in my good graces right now with their half-wit shenanigans.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply