cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make an Offer isn't working.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make an offer on an item but when the Make an Offer pop-up appears I can't enter any numbers. It goes red like I am trying to offer zero but won't let me input anything. I've tried 3 different browsers and rebooted my device. I've made offers just fine before and have no idea what is wrong now.  I was in an online chat with an eBay agent for over 45 minutes and it went nowhere.

My device is a Samsung TabS6 (SM-T860) running Android version 11, One UI 3.1.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

That's really odd -- care to share an item #? 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Your seller ships to US only. Or offers a local pickup. 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@lady-chameleon. 

You are probably trying to make an offer on an item that does not ship to Canada.  Or are blocked by the seller for some reason.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yup same problem wrote and called them and they act like its my problem when no its theres since they redid there site to the pop up price vlock they just did so no more being able to offer then ebay just wants to lose 1,000s of buyers

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I tried all 3 of my tabs and it started fridayish

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I appreciate the effort but that's not the case here.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

That's not the issue here but thanks.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@lady-chameleon. 

Not sure why you are saying that US ship to only is not the issue..........do you mean you are using a US account ship to location  to try to make the offer?    The link you gave is to an auction that doesn't have a best offer option, so not sure why/ how you would be making an offer to begin with........

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I know it's not the case because it has always taken me to another screen to tell me the seller won't ship to my location *after* making the offer.  I also contacted the seller and we couldn't figure it out.

I tried doing the same thing on another item which did list shipping to my location and it had the same problem.

Also, @dhbookds you are looking at it after it sold and it did have a Best Offer option before it sold.  Here's your proof: https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/194371061575?item=194371061575&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565.  A Best Offer was placed by someone else for the starting bid price.  See "Best Offer $70.00"

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The problem seems to occur when using a mobile browser in classic or desktop mode to try to make an offer -- the software keyboard initially appears and then immediately disappears, making number entry in the offer popup impossible (or at least very challenging).

Using a mobile browser in mobile mode, or the eBay app, or a desktop browser on a desktop PC seems to work for me, though.

See here for some discussion:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Make-an-offer-popup-broken/m-p/32303833#M370830

Message 12 of 12
latest reply