cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major eBay Glitch: Pick Up Only Listings Are Showing Free Shipping?

We have around 30 listings out of 3300 that are for "Pick Up Only". The customers are claiming these same listings show "free delivery". News Flash: These customers are not wrong.. Even the staff at eBay agreed after checking the listings themselves. Just as of right now I have (8) pending orders with very upset buyers thanks to eBay. According to eBay the problem is stuck in technical? 

This is an Emergency! My 1st eBay request was over a month ago still no response to the problem. We are still dealing with this technical problem brought on by eBay. My 2nd went in 2 days ago? No follow up at all from eBay! What if I did this to your customers?

I'm starting to direct the victims of eBay's negligence to ask eBay for answers. Also adding eBay is refusing to address the problem with me the seller. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Major eBay Glitch: Pick Up Only Listings Are Showing...

Here's another one just seconds ago 2/7 4:57PM: 

"when ordering tires there was free delivery option on ebay not driving 500 miles"

Thanks eBay!

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Again, what is the Item Number of the one that just sold seconds ago?  Is there a reason you are not giving it to us?  We have to verify we are looking at the same listing you are talking about.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Looking at what appears to be the listing for the tires you are talking about that just sold.  Item Number 114592627269

There is nothing wrong with the listing.  The original listing clearly states Free Local Pickup, Local Pickup Only.  There is absolutely no place it says Free Delivery or that there even is a shipping option of any kind.  So it appears your buyer either isn't paying attention, or is lying to you.  There is no glitch, or at least not on this listing.  There are also no other sellers reporting the problem.

Has any buyer sent you a screenshot of a listing that they claim is Free Delivery when it is Free Pickup?  If so, post it here.

Suggest you put NO SHIPPING, PICKUP ONLY in your description, or even in the title if there is room or in the sub title.  Still buyer's often just don't pay attention, nothing more ebay or you can do about it. 

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

"All of my "pick-up only" items are affected. "

No, all of your "pick-up only" items show free local pickup only.

Your buyers are confused, or you are.

Everyone of your "Pickup only: Free" show the same;

"Ships to:
-Local pick-up only"
-"Shipping to: Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping).
-"You can contact your seller to arrange to pay for and pick up your item."

None of them show "free delivery".

You cannot give an item number example because there isn't one.

Click bait?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@fairdeal*lb, OK, you won't give any item numbers, but you dropped a clue. A bread crumb: It's the tire listings. Right.

Looking at your sold listings, I see 95 sold listings for tires. Doing a [Ctrl]F search on the page, 40 of them show Pickup only: Free, and the other 55 show Free Shipping. All of the sales on Dec. 20 or earlier have Free Shipping, which is about 23 sales. Since then, the sales are partly Pickup Only (40 sales) and partly Free Shipping (33 sales). The last sale with Free Shipping was on Feb. 2.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=fairdeal*lb&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=tire...

Currently, you have 217 active listings for tires, that show up with the Free Shipping filter (which also includes Free Pickup). 28 of those listings say Pickup only: Free, and the other 189 have Free Shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=fairdeal*lb&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_FS=1&_nkw=tire&rt=nc

I don't see any Pickup only listings that have any shipping available, so I think it is the Tire listings with Free Shipping which are causing the anguish.

@fairdeal*lb:  What happens if you edit those listings, to remove the shipping and change them to Pickup only, instead of Free Shipping?

Here is one of the listings. In an earlier post, you said Primewell Tires were causing the problem. You currently have 29 active listings for those, 28 with Pickup only, except for this one, which has Free Shipping. Of course you're getting a lot of sales on this one, because it has Free Shipping, so it's a great buy. 4 sales in the last 10 days, one yesterday, for 12 tires total. I'll bet this is the problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Primewell-PZ-900-245-40ZR17-91W-NEW-TIRE-245-40-17-2454017-WH13-D-M/1242552...

image.png

image.png

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

You are being asked not the number of affected listings, but an item number of one of your affected listings... You're not helping us to help you by blowing us off. Take a deep breath and work with us here, ok? please check now

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

If you submit your question to eBay correctly, you can get the right and best solution to this problem.
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

If you submit your question to eBay correctly, you can get the right and best solution to this problem.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

Whether or not the listings are displaying this way or that, the fact remains that a very high percentage of pick up only items are bought by buyers with the expectation it will be shipped to them for free.

The frustration is you can actually get into a situation where you are waiting days or longer to resolve something a buyer mistakenly bought. No buyer has retaliated against me in these situations but some of them were pretty nasty about in messages, taking days to respond and it was one of my primary issues with eBay. From my understanding, you have to get them to ask for a cancellation to be safe. Ebay hasn't offered me any solutions beyond that. In fact they couldn't answer me about how long I have to wait. A week? A month? A year? No answer. Maybe this info is our there somewhere and some other person can tell me how to handle it. Happy to hear what anyone has to say about it.

But the fact remains eBay obviously needs to fix the UI to better inform buyers. For instance,  introduce a page where buyers confirm they understand that it is for pick up only, and then a time limit for how long they have to pick it up. The whole 'work it out with the buyer' thing gets old when the buyer in another state is obstinate demanding free shipping on a pick up only item, has already paid and isn't willing to ask for a cancellation.

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Primewell-Valera-A-T-P235-70R17-108S-Tires-NEW-235-70-17-2357017-WH13D/...

Yeah. Actually now I see exactly what you are talking about. Google it and look what it says. If I click on it - I'm taken to your listing.

No wonder this was happening so frequently. Are you paying for these ads through eBay?

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 4.32.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 4.28.10 AM.png

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Congratulations!! You are the smartest one here.. Well done, you a trailblazer are better than any of these so called rockstars. 

To your question, Yes that's correct we do.

Thank you so much    

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

You are the only here one that thought outside of the box.. Now if we can only put eBay on the spot. The top tier people at eBay aren't as dumb as we think they are. We think it's a cover-up of a deterrent to do away with (Pick-Up Only).

eBay is scared to death of buyers and sellers eating their lunch by circumventing the eBay system and doing business off platform.       

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

Where is eBay? It's been (2) Months, not even a follow up! 

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

Oh, now this is the first time you have mentioned google as any part of this issue. 

It appears to be google that is putting the incorrect information on the ads. Everything I see on eBay shows Free Local Pickup for the Primewell tires, (except the one Primewell tire listing that has free shipping). Apparently, google ads are not appropriate for pickup only items, since google doesn't advertise them correctly. I guess they assume that if it's being sold online, it's going to be shipped.

I see that you still have free shipping on this listing, and you have cancelled all the sales from it; there were 4 sales for a total of 12 tires in the previous 10 days when I took the screenshot 1 1/2 weeks ago on Feb 7. It would probably help at least somewhat if you fixed this listing, which is your mistake not eBay's or Googles. You've gotten a lot of defects from it already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Primewell-PZ-900-245-40ZR17-91W-NEW-TIRE-245-40-17-2454017-WH13-D-M/1242552...

image.png

And presumably you are OK with selling all those other tires with free shipping:

image.png

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

The word is eBay is behind this? They think buyers and sellers are eating their lunch by circumvent the system to cut them. Scared of people going off the platform. I happen to agree with this because I have multiple SR's into eBay tech going back almost 2 months, nothing but crickets.

The proof is there, you can Google any of our (pick-up only) items right now and they show free delivery.. .

Message 30 of 35
latest reply