cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items mysteriously disappearing

In the last 48 hours, 6 items have mysteriously disappeared. Not in unsold. Not active. Not deleted. Disappeared. Anyone else ?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

YES!!

I wish I had checked this board first before spending 45 minutes trying to trace back what exactly happened. Out of my 16 items, one is missing. Not in active, not in sold, not in unsold, not in completed, not anywhere. I'm positive it was there a couple of days ago since I was updating some records.

I did notice that this is an item that would have auto-renewed yesterday or today - don't know if that is related but maybe?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I have had another come up missing since post. I changed password. again

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Lost about 20 so far.  There are several posts about this in Buying and Selling.  Something is definately messed up!!!

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Yes, I checked all those places too!

"It is unreasonable to attempt to reason with the unreasonable."
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

brian@ebay multiple posts regarding this error.  

I'm assuming that this will be another like the images fiasco and sellers will have to #1 figure which listings vanished and #2 recreate the listings from scratch?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

After losing one more since this post, they are now starting to reappear. I have no idea which ones were deleted or reappear with over 1100 listings
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

WON 2 ITEMS AT LAST SECOND SAME SELLER BUT THEY ARE GONE EVEN CHECKED HIS COMPLETED I KNOW I WON I CAN NOT PAY! WHAT THE $^%$^&&*^&*( IS THAT ABOUT?
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I can actually get to my missing item's listing through Google search, and it looks totally normal: appears to be active; says it's for sale.

But - if I click "see other items", it still is missing on eBay on both the broader site and within my Seller Hub, and an eBay search can't find it sold, unsold, or otherwise.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

I'm assuming that this will be another like the images fiasco and sellers will have to #1 figure which listings vanished and #2 recreate the listings from scratch?

Hi @dtexley3, there was an issue over the weekend that should be resolved. The issue caused some items which have ended to not appear in the sold / unsold sections. This is being corrected now and items should appear in their proper sections shortly.

If any member finds an item isn't appearing in active, sold, or unsold as they should then I advise they contact customer service.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Cool.  Hopefully no data loss will result.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Don't know if I had any of those.

Could find something sitting on a shelf a year from now wondering why I don't have it listed  : >  (

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

brian.t@ebay

brian@ebay wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

Hi @dtexley3, there was an issue over the weekend that should be resolved. The issue caused some items which have ended to not appear in the sold / unsold sections. This is being corrected now and items should appear in their proper sections shortly.

If any member finds an item isn't appearing in active, sold, or unsold as they should then I advise they contact customer service.

Not fixed yet according to posts on the Member to Member board.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

NOT fixed.....

Just happened 10pm

Sold items are still going into unsold.

102_1649.jpg

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I had the same situation...hunting for item that should have sold.  I had one go missing when the listing ended on Saturday evening, so I called in to eBay & was told it was a technical issue, under review.  Just wait.
Today it reappeared as sold, with original high bidder.  But now another item has gone the same way.  

This is really frustrating.   Not sure if original high bidders will still want the items when it takes a few days for them to get notified that they won.  eBay told me I could offer “second chance” to next high bidder if original does not take the item.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply