cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALLERY THUMBNAILS ISSUE BEING FIXED

I just did a chat with eBay - they are aware of the problem with Gallery thumbnails not being generated.  They are working on it and s/b fixed soon.  You can start a chat session with them and they will add your name to the growing list of complaints - won't hurt you, it's just power in numbers - the more people that report the problem, the better.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: GALLERY THUMBNAILS ISSUE BEING FIXED

I'm having a problem where thumbnails are not being generated in my saved searches on the app on my phone. When I click on an item, there is an image there, it's just not showing up in the search results. Hopefully this will also be fixed.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Well, I'm glad they are working on it, but it's not fixed yet.  I tried several times today and yesterday, and none worked.  Had to end all the listings (although one actually sold before I could end it, with no gallery photo!)

I list through Auctiva, and there were a lot of people complaining about this issue on the boards there.

SO ANNOYING.  Several years ago, there was a nifty little link, within the "edit your listing" screen,

to a fix for this issue that worked really well.  Hasn't worked for years. For the life of me, I can't imagine why they don't get these things fixed.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for the update as I just ended a chat session & was informed there are no issues even after saying there was no gallery picture.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Perhaps it is fixed ???

Anyone still having problems tonight, Sunday 7/26?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Issue unresolved and ebay tech working on it

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Same problem too no thumbnails...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

problems still happening.. NO Fix yet. 3 days of lost time. what's up with eBay?!?!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

hurts financially

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I am reloading pictures through eBay listing / edit and it fixes the problem.   40 listings to fix and a pain in the butt but you want something done you do it yourself especially these days.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Listings I did today are missing the Gallery thumbnail pic too! 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for reporting this, we are escalating to the right teams and will come back if we have any updates to share. We understand how important images are and will emphasize how this needs to be fixed and quickly.

Thanks

Rebecca,
Director of eBay Community
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

We are having this issue as well and filed a ticket with the API support team.  We discovered virtually all our listings from 7/24/2020 on have this issue where the Gallery thumbnail was not generated.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

This is NOT an Auctiva issue!  Try entering a new listing using the eBay system AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS!

Further, I spoke with another seller who posts thousands of listings using Vendio AND THEY HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

3 days and NO FIX.

eBay: FIX YOUR SITE and STOP BLAMING 3rd PARTIES!!!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Issue resolved per Ebay for Business. may take a day or two to fix old pictures but going foward the pictures will post.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply