cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error When Attempting to Submit Counteroffer as Buyer

Am getting this error when attempting to submit a counteroffer:  "Attention Buyer We are unable to send your message at this time.{e73010-1166406x}".

Very frustrating, have tried on three different pcs so issue cannot be on my end.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Error When Attempting to Submit Counteroffer as Buyer

same here. happening now. how to do?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

there is no place to counter offer for me...i offered and they said seller counteroffered but in listing there is no counter offer button...its odd....cause in offer history it says the counteroffer.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

This is happening to me right now. I've tried 2 different browsers.

I wonder if it's eBay rejecting my message because of some key words contained therein. I'm simply trying to tell the seller I have only so much budgeted for this buy and, with shipping, this exceeds that by far. Therefore, this has to be my final offer.

Oh, well, maybe I'll just omit the message and, if the seller counters again, I'll have to counter with the same amount again.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The seller can turn off the counter offer option on their end. When I send an offer I always turn off counter offers. My offer is standing and I don’t even want to mess with low ball offers.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

ebay message on top of the window!

"Review seller's counteroffer"

I click on COUNTEROFFER!

"Make a counteroffer" window opens up!

I enter $11.00 for my counteroffer amount, then I enter in my message to seller which is 100% LEGAL, which states why I am not offering higher entirely due to the fact that:

"I bought the same exact item 5 months ago for LESS THAN half of my offer, this is my only counteroffer and I will not be offering more. Have a good day"

eBay comes back with the following response!

"! Attention Buyer"

Below that eBay states!

"We are unable to send your message at this time."

Then eBay states a code, a code which ebay provides utterly no info about!!!

"{e108494-1166406x}"

I tried re-entering this with different words, each time I get the same line of **bleep**!

When I tried doing it WITHOUT entering any message eBay provides the following window!

"Review your offer"

Yet when I tried to EDIT my offer from there I once again get the **bleep** from eBay, almost as if eBay IS DENYING US OUR RIGHT to include a message!!!

I sent my offer in without my message and eBay came back with!

"It's sent!"

I have a RIGHT to include a message when I respond to any offer, yet EBAY IS PURPOSELY NOT ALLOWING US TO INFORM THE SELLERS OF OUR CONDITIONS/INFO!!!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Same. Good lord eBay has gone down the tubes in the last year: sales tax on coupons, inability to add messages to counters, draconian seller restrictions. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@elend22 wrote:

Same. Good lord eBay has gone down the tubes in the last year: sales tax on coupons, inability to add messages to counters, draconian seller restrictions. 

And yet here you are trying to sell something.  

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It’s still happening!!!!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply