cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay search so slow it sometimes doesnt even echo your character in the search bar..

Ebay search is too slow, 

The exact issue is the text box doesnt even echo back characters as I type them, they arrive seconds later.   No other site has this issue, it isnt my ISP or browser settings and yes I rebooted.

It seems to come and go, and i have observed also last friday.

Please fix your end.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay search so slow it sometimes doesnt even echo your character in the search bar..

Having same problem. Very, Very slow. And only some of pictures load.
Yes, I rebooted too and to no avail.
Ebay FIX please.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Same issue here. Along with only half of the photos I took today will upload. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

>>Ebay search is too slow, The exact issue is the text box doesnt even >>echo back characters as I type them, they arrive seconds later

Has absolutely nothing to do with your ISP, your internet connection, or eBay servers.

Sounds like an eBay or third party script or video ad content running in your browser is consuming massive cpu cycles to the point where the browser can't even display typed content in real time. You didn'r say what OS or browser you are using)

If you are using windows, open up taskmanager, switch to the "Processes" tab, and watch to see what CPU% your browser process (Firefox.exe, Iexplore.exe, etc) is using when that happen on an eBay search page (you have to have the cpu column viewable in taskmanger to see that.) Alternatively, open the "performance" tab in taskmanager and watch the overall CPU usage when you are on an eBay search page.

I'll bet it's 100%.

If that is the case....solution? No clue.

In general you would need to pinpoint exactly where the problem is and take steps to block, filter, or modify the offending content if that can be done without collateral damage (blocking a certain script that is causing 100% CPU usage on the eBay search page can cause eBay tracking number display or other features on other eBay pages to not work because of eBay's lack of compartmentalization in their scripts)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay is running a search of your previous activity. My web browser shows that it is an Ebay page that is slwoing down the screen. I suspect that they are selecting advertisements to flash at you while you are searching. If you use Firefox you can click on the prompt to stop the Ebay page that is slowing down your search. Unfortunately you have to click it every time.  It now takes me twice as long to check my purchases.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply