cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAYERS PLEASE HELP w/EBAY PICTURE UPLOADER

My problem revolves around 3D type picture taking or small objects that need to show more detail, using photo method other than a scanner

I have tried now for almost 6 months to try to get eBay to help me resolve an obvious picture uploader glitch

that all of a sudden began corrupting some not all of a select type of picture upload process that worked seamlessly for years until now, The fine folks at eBay tweaked something in their picture uploader ,that has wreaked havoc for me, and probably many others, I will try to explain  as precisely & concisely as possible because this really has become a major issue for me, and my ability to post auctions. Here goes, please be patient and read this if you truly want to help.

Bear in mind, that this only effects ,phone camera picture taking and file transfer/uploader

for 3d type detailed pictures (small Hot Wheels or Matchbox type cars

***** using scanner picture taking still works just fine ******  

This ISSUE as I said, relates solely  using phone camera picture taking method

Of special note This was NEVER an issue for the last 15/20 years .

I usually take 12 pictures for every Matchbox 0r Hot Wheels car auctions, or any 3d type of item

What used to take at most 15 minutes to create & post and Auction, has now become a **bleep** shoot, only a few select pictures sail through without getting corrupted and having to be shot over & over & over again, hoping to catch a picture that the uploader likes and passes through without getting an error message and denying the picture upload completely, I have even gone as far as trying to post some pictures within the actual body of an auction, sometimes it works, many times it doesn't and replies with error message regarding size limit within the auction, causing me to hopefully pick & choose the right picture to put inside the body of auction, I am unable to put as many pictures that I want of need for my auction

uising this method, there are usually  3 tpyes of pictures that will sail right through the proper way in picture uploads, The 3 types of pictures are  :

straight front view, straight back view, and most times but not always the a straight

front to back undercarriage view

any other type of picture ( angled, sideways ,etc gets corrupted and error messaged )

What used to be fun, quick and an efficient way to create a listing

has become a long frustrating arduous task, that many times, I just walk away, and don't list anything

My productivity has dwindled  to nearly a crawl right now, I went from normally listing 200 +/- auctions at any time

to just barley keeping 100 auctions alive

While I have always been a great advocate for ebay and their great selling platform

I am so utterly disappointed in the unresolved issues here with eBay's photo uploader,and lack of help ,support and/or resolution 

Coupled with the new Seller Hub, where I virtually have no control of my money now, I am seriously looking at other venues

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?????

Thanxs

Luke

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: EBAYERS PLEASE HELP w/EBAY PICTURE UPLOADER

Check the image size on your camera settings. An oblique view is more likely to have a larger file size than a squared-up shot.  You don't identify the "corruption" that you see, so need more info here.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

THE CORRUPTION IS WHEN I TRY TO SAVE IT IT TURNS FUZZY AND GETS REJECTED

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If there was a problem on ebay's end, we would be seeing many reports..........so need to look at your camera settings/test another phone/camera to see what's going on............

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I ACTUALLY HAVE TRIED THAT,SAME SITUATION,WHAT CAMERA SETTING ON A SAMSUNG 8 SHOULD I BE LOOKING AT

THANKS

LUKE

Message 5 of 5
latest reply