cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY REMOVED the SIZES I listed on all of my clothing !!! WHAT ???

Their new program (oh no -- not another one) for "helping us" fill in details on items just ERASED all the Sizes on over 200 items of clothing I have listed.  

To make matters worse there is the usual "threat" that if we don't include all these details (which I DID until they erased it) then our items will not be shown.

SO Ebay just took perfectly good listings -- with all the pertinent info I had correctly put in and ERASED all the sizes so now they won't show them UNLESS I GO INTO OVER 200 listings and put back what they wiped out ????

Are they SERIOUS ???  Can they think of anything else to do to ruin sales ???

If you sell clothes CHECK your listings !!!  Go in and hit edit -- See if you find a BLANK SPACE where the Size should be filled in -- this is a nightmare !

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: EBAY REMOVED the SIZES I listed on all of my clothing !!! WHAT ???

Same here! It says that this has been resolved in their announcement. NO IT IS NOT! I am so sick of everything being so difficult here on Ebay. Just more work than sales now. SO OVER IT! I will spend my time on the other selling sites. I am not about to revise 2 stores of inventory because of this mess. NO WAY! Revise revise. Don't have time for fixing what they screw up.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I have over 1000 clothing listings to fix! I hate them! This is the last straw! Remember when they deleted all our photos?!?! And all they could say  was Oooops Sorry. I have got to find a different platform to sell on this. Ebay is just inept!

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Who ever designed the software for this new update is an IDIOT.  They know NOTHING AT ALL about clothing or sizes or anything. 

So all my sizes are gone.  An Item is listed as PLUS SIZE but the drop down menu shows S XS -- you name it and then has this IDIOTIC SUGGESTION of "FREQUENTLY USED"  -- Like they are going to SUGGEST what size I should choose ???? ARE THEY NUTS -- HOW ABOUT just putting back the CORRECT SIZE that you REMOVED ???

OH and DONT dare put GOLD or SILVER as a color when you list. They will take that as METAL and then suggest that you list it under "Metal" in Theme -- like Heavy Metal (the style based on the music).  REAL GREAT -- so if I don't get rid of that BRILLIANT suggestion some middle aged woman who might want an Alfred Dunner top with gold color in it will find it under Heavy Metal themed clothing with the skull tee shirts.  

I am terrified how they will try to "help us" next. 

I had new things to list tonight -- Correcting their mistakes will take me DAYS 

AND NO EXLANATION -- NO APOLOGIES -- 

God forbid they try to "FIX IT" for me -- they would really screw it up.  I checked out the River -- I am considering paying the monthly fee and moving my new with tags things over there -- I'd get more money for them I bet. 

I have been preparing my exit when they force Managed Payments. This Recent Sabotage of all my carefully listed items just made it final.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

eBay stated that the issue was resolved, and it certainly has not been....no clothing sizes are showing under search..this needs to be fixed immediately, what a nightmare..not only are we losing money, but so is eBay...

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Let's not FORGET -- We are PAYING EBAY to list our items.  If we had an employee that sabotaged our work and profits this way we'd fire them.  And what is worse is the "threat" that always comes along with new "helpful" things - that if we DON'T add these item specific then our items won't be shown.   Well how about putting back the specifics that I correctly listed and you erased ?  Or you are fired.  How about that.

Oh by the way -- last time I tried they are not taking phone calls right now.  Not acceptable behavior for someone I pay.  

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I notice that the new length requirement is gone (waist, hip, tunic, etc.) which I hope is gone for good. I prefer putting in the measurement because I feel obligated to choose waist as the length at times when I would bet that buyers think of waist length as cropped, which is a negative in my opinion.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Can't bulk edit anything.  This better get fixed soon.  I lower my prices twice a month but that is impossible unless I can bulk edit but everything has an error for missing size.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@cathydale

Just  check all my  clothing items - only  have 8 but all the size  info  is on the listings.  No problem for me.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I checked several of my t-shirt listings, and the sizes are there, but they are all listed in the Collectibles > Disneyana subcategories.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Are you talking about items listed recently, or ALL items?  

(I don't have this problem on mine, yet.  

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Try editing the clothing not just looking at the listing.  They have made a duplicate drop down for clothing size and with bulk editing it says "size is missing" because the second sizing hasn't been filled in.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

When Ebay automatically relists it, or you go in to edit it in any way YOU WILL SEE the size box is empty.  So it will relist or update with no size if you don't go in and edit everything and add the size

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Heads up, folks.  There are now TWO size item specifics, at least in clothing anyway.  

The first one is under "required item specifics".  This is the one that is new and currently screwed up.  eBay moved the former size IS, which was based on size category (mens, children, plus size, etc) down to "additional item specifics" on the listing form.  

The current required size item specific seems to have every size ever entered into eBay as a choice  (list to follow), appears to be the main field for buyer searches by size IS, and is currently NOT working for searches.  

A LOT of sellers ONLY complete the required item specifics.  This is not going to turn out well for buyers.

The current choices for required size:

0P
0X
10P
10 Tall
10XL
12P
12 Tall
14 L
14P
14 Tall
14W
16P
16 Tall
16W
18P
18 Tall
18W
1X
1XLT
1X Plus
20P
20 Tall
20W
22P
22W
24P
24W
26P
26W
2P
2W
2X
2XB
2XL
2XP
2XS
2XT
30W
34 in
34W
36 in
36W
38 in
38W
3X
3XB
3XL
3XLT
3XT
40 in
40W
42 in
42W
44 in
44W
46 in
48 in
4P
4 Tall
4X
4XB
4XL
4XLT
50 in
52 in
54 in
56 in
57 58
58 in
5X
5XB
5XL
5XLT
60 in
62 in
64 in
66 in
68 in
6P
6 Tall
6X
6XL
6XLT
70 in
72 in
7X
7XL
8P
8 Tall
8X
8XL
9X
9XL
Big 10X
Big 1X
Big 2X
Big 3X
Big 4X
Big 5X
Big 6X
Big 7X
Big 8X
Big 9X
L
LT
L Tall
M
MT
M Tall
One Size
One Size: Big & Tall
One Size: Plus
One Size: Regular
PL
PM
PP
PS
PXL
PXS
S
S Tall
XL
XLT
XL Tall
XLX
XS
XS Tall
Enter your own

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

As of 10/16/10/19 2:35PM I can't edit any of my listings in shoes category due to the "size" missing, it's a disaster, I hope this will be fixed!

Message 15 of 30
latest reply