cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past 5 days!

For the past 5 days the Contact Member process through the Feedback profile keeps giving me the following message:

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I have put the correct item number when prompted to "Enter item Number" and when I click "continue" I recieve the error message. 

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

@chadsgirl44  tyler@ebay  Yup, fixed for me to. Thanks!

Message 16 of 80
latest reply

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

I am also having the same issue. Can you help? Date I noticed issue is 10/23/18. I am having a return/exchange issue and cannot communicate with seller

Message 17 of 80
latest reply

I get this message when I want to add to a discription. I reported it days ago. Ebay said they could the  problem and it would be fixed immeadiately.  It is still not been fixed.

Message 18 of 80
latest reply

Geeze,..... I tried to send an important message today (10-23-18), and got the same "oops" message as the origial poster.  Hard to believe something like this has been an ongoing issue for so long.  I believe at some point heads should ROLL on this, because it's costing sellers MONEY,......not that THAT was ever a consideration before.

It still frosts me I've payed final value fees over the last few years on about $2,500.00 EACH year in shipping costs,....which are at MY actual cost,.... as I won't screw my own customers and pass it along!

Joe T

Message 19 of 80
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I am also having the same issue. Unable to contact a seller for days.

Would you be able to add me to this ticket?

Message 20 of 80
latest reply

hi tyler@ebay,

I'm having the same issue, and I urgently need to contact a buyer to resolve a dispute. I've tried clicking send dozens of times, and keep getting the error. It's not showing up in my sent messages folder either. Could you add me onto the ticket?

Message 21 of 80
latest reply

I'm trying to contact a seller and I'm also getting the same error message. 

Message 22 of 80
latest reply

I am also having this problem, Please help if you can. Trying to contact seller on an urgent matter only to have this error pop up and not being able to communicate.

Message 23 of 80
latest reply

I am also have the same problem. Trying to contact this seller: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/jockijp for a days and getting the same "Oops!" only. Please help.

Message 24 of 80
latest reply

I was able to contact my seller by sending a direct message through the link in their profile. 

If you try to send a message that is connected to an item number, that's the time it would produce the error. 

Message 25 of 80
latest reply

Same problem

Message 26 of 80
latest reply

Same.  So annoying.

Message 27 of 80
latest reply

Then why bother responding just to say "I haven't seen that problem, works for me" ? Honestly. I have the same issue, so now you've heard of it twice. 

Message 28 of 80
latest reply

@abrushabovepaintingllc-3

[W]hy bother responding just to say "I haven't seen that problem, works for me"?

It is a useful data point, just as much as "I'm having the same problem" is. Both responses help clarify the scope of the problem.

Often, users encounter a problem and assume that everyone is having exactly the same issue. Sometimes "no one else has reported it, it works for me" will cause folks to examine their assumptions, and provide further clarifying details which can allow others to find what's different between the two situations. It may prompt still others with similar issues to post, as in this thread. Sometimes the problem is an isolated one with a local solution; other times, as in this case, it is not.

If you kept reading the thread beyond the message you replied to, you would see that once additional details were provided, the user you responded to provided further help as well.

Message 29 of 80
latest reply

FWIW, I've encountered this a few times when attempting to report to other sellers that their listings too have been cloned by scam/fraud sellers. Doesn't happen with all sellers, and this isn't transcation-related messaging.

???

Message 30 of 80
latest reply