cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print packing slips

Hello,

As of today, I cannot print packing slips from the website (desktop or laptop).

The print preview in the first window works fine, but then when I click the print button, the print preview in the next window shows a blank page, and printing it produces a blank page too. I've tried different computers, different browsers, and different printers -- all exhibit the same problem.

It makes no difference if I try to print an individual packing slip, or print them in bulk. Same blank page result.

Please fix this ASAP.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Cannot print packing slips

Is your browser set to open PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader?

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

@rfmtm

It's set to open PDF files in the browser; I haven't changed that since this stopped working. As I mentioned, this issue appears to be browser-independent.

I found a workaround by clicking the Download link on the first print preview dialog box. That downloads packing slips for any or all selected orders to a PDF file, which of course can then be printed. But it sure would be nice if eBay restored the previous behavior allowing direct printing of packing slips.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I have the same issue when using Firefox....but not with Chrome. There must be a bug in Firefox/microsoft Edge Viewer in the last update. instead of clicking the "print" button there on the preview, go to the top of the preview area and there is a ">>". then you can hit "print" from there and it pops up correctly. That makes no sense but it works.

pcobra93_0-1677019862160.png

pcobra93_1-1677019890587.png

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

If downloading works, then you need to recheck how your browser is opening PDF files.

What OS, browser, and printer model are you using?

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I have no problems printing packing slips from Firefox.   If your screenshot is from FF, then you also need to recheck FF is still set to open PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader.   And of course make sure both FF and Adobe are up to date.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

FASTGRAPF is correct & I have the same problem and have posted it many times but replies say check your PDF setting, or print with adobe, or  refresh your firefox, etc.  But no one seems to understand what I and FASTGRAPH are saying. If you don't use firefox you may not understand that for many many years firefox has had a built in pdf that prints with one button (as does EDGE) without having to use the download button. But recently, when printing ebay packing slips on ebay, (only packing slips have this problem) and using the big blue print button, the preview page is blank and pages are blank. I have reset firefox twice to no avail and checked everything else thoroughly. FASTGRAPH is correct that using the hidden dropdown print feature located above the packing slip page by clicking on the ">>" it prints fine except that it won't print bulk packing slips. This all comes down to the big blue print button not loaded with all the features it should have and that makes it an ebay problem, period.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Firefox's and other browser's built in PDF printer, is best replaced with the industry standard Adobe, especially for ebay shipping and even more so if you use a label printer with ebay.   Granted this may be an ebay issue, but other sites also often don't like the different built in readers although it might not be so obvious.

Again if you can download and print externally, this is a indication that the internal reader is the problem.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

As of 3/23/23, this appears to have been fixed and the packing slip printing now works as it did before.

This is without any changes to the browser version, browser settings, or printer settings. So it had nothing to do with how Firefox handles previewing PDF files.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

This is without any changes to the browser version, browser settings, or printer settings. So it had nothing to do with how Firefox handles previewing PDF files.

Automatic browser updates can often affect how PDFs are treated; even if things are working now, a later update may cause this issue again. As long as you are relying the browser's built-in PDF handling feature, you may be susceptible to this problem.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Had this on one computer with Firefox over a year ago while another also with Firefox had no problems at all until that also suddely changed a few days ago. Forced to use chrome now.... 

As an additional note I would like to know why ebay has made it so hopelessly complicated to print a simple invoice. In the past you could go right at it, now you have to pass several screens before you can get it going. What is the logic of that?  If I want to print I want to print (that's also why computers have shotcuts),I don't want to have to confirm it 3 times. Businesswise ebay is really backward in some aspects

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Just ship without packing slips, they make it take so much extra time that it costs sellers money. Ill print the pick list since its one page but that just so I don't get orders confused. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

As of today eBay has the wisdom of changing how packing slips are generated!

I generate labels elsewhere. Now I cannot print a packing slip.

I can't print your packing slip after generating the label elsewhere!

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

You can still print packing slips from the Seller Hub as usual, just not from the create label page.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

There's a similar page regarding this subject under:

• Ebay Community
  • Selling
  • Shipping

In a nutshell, the new system:

- Doesn't easily allow printing a packing slip first, which many of us need to find the item (often from a distant garage or storage unit) and package it before we can print a shipping label, or, is necessary if we're just shipping using a USPS stamp, or Stamps.com;

- You can print a packing slip first by going to the extra step of first hitting the drop down arrow and finding the print packing slip link, but it includes the price, shipping, tax and total that I don't want my buyer to be reminded of since shipping is often more than the price of the item!

- The new packing slips take up more paper than previous, meaning I often can't print two on one piece of paper and is therefore more environmentally unfriendly;

- After printing the printing label, as specified, there's no link to print the packing slip!!

- These extra steps increase the likelihood of mistakes, including printing out a packaging slip accidentally with the wrong weight which will require more time and effort to request a refund;

- Extra steps are necessary to find links to change the weight and size that used to be on the first page of pringint.

I've called Ebay 4 times regarding this new change and why it sucks.  I suggest you also call Ebay and explain why this makes shipping more laborious, more environmentally unfriendly and expensive for sellers, and why the "genius" that came up with this idea needs to be demoted to the janitor department!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply