cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't permanently change SOLD ITEMS sort order as I can with listed items.

Funny thing happened. I was looking for other people who thought this was a problem  and I came across a thread that was EXACTLY what I am talking about. Yes! Turns out it was my question from a 4 years ago that got absolutely zero responses. Hard to believe that others don't find this very annoying... which leads me to wonder if this is just MY problem.

- On an active item search results list, I can "customize" the sort order to permanently change it from "ended recently", to "price + shipping: lowest first."
- On a sold items list, my eBay provided default sort order is "ended recently." I can manually select "price + shipping: lowest first" from the drop down menu and the list is reordered like I want.  I then select "Customize" and then change sort order there from the drop down menu to "price + shipping: lowest first" then select APPLY CHANGES to make it permanent, but instead of applying this PERMANENT change the sort order immediately reverts back to "ended recently" instead of "price + shipping: lowest first," and it says so at the top.

WHAT THE HECK? This is a permanent failure for me. I cannot permanently customize sort order to "price + shipping: lowest first" for sold items. Can anyone help or attest to "this is just the way it works"? Doesn't make much sense that you can customize sort order for "live" items, but not for "sold" items. I have tried deleting all ebay related cookies. It didn't work. I switched from Firefox browser to Chrome. It didn't work. It seems to me like this is the way it works, but I want to know if anyone else can customize their search order for sold items. Thanks.
The one response I got before was directed at LISTED ITEMS sort order, which I have no problem with. Works fine. It's the SOLD ITEMS sort order that I cannot permanently change by clicking on CUSTOMIZE button on the search results page. Would someone try this and tell me that they don't have a problem permanently changing the sort order to PRICE + SHIPPING LOWEST FIRST? That would be helpful in telling me if it works for others or if it fails for other the same way. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't permanently change SOLD ITEMS sort order as I can with listed items.

Go to the Seller Hub and click on Order Total at the top of the column.  It will sort up or down and stick.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:PAID_SHIPPED

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

Go to the Seller Hub and click on Order Total at the top of the column.  It will sort up or down and stick.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:PAID_SHIPPED

OP isn't referring to seller hub. They're referring to public-facing search page.

eBay's been making a lot of changes to listing views and search @aj_chicago and "sold" and "completed" search in particular has behaved weird. One annoyance for me is if you are looking at sold listings then put in a search term, the results will revert back to active listings so you once again have to check off the sold filter.

If you're searching solds for price research as a seller, can you use Terapeak instead?

If you're searching solds as a buyer, are you often searching for the same item? If so you can bookmark a link.

Other than that I don't have any solutions. It all seems to be in flux right now as eBay's been working on it.

What you can do is find the "tell us what you think" link (usually on top right of page) and submit feedback. It goes directly to the developers. Let them know of any search issues you're having.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Correct. This is from a Buyer's perspective looking at search results and trying to see what items sold for in the past by changing "sort order" to "Price + Shipping Lowest". It's not due to any recent changes. It's been this way "forever." I have put in my "tell us what you think" two cents worth already. No reply. No fix. No problem to anyone but me? I don't know why this isn't an annoyance to MANY. I only wish the MANY would put in their two cents worth. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If not a lot of people are reporting it then eBay may not see it as a significant problem. Just keep reporting it as long as it's problematic for you, or find a way to adapt.

There's also no way to know if this is working as eBay intended or if it's an error in the way they designed the code. I expect more changes are coming, so you may see this issue resolved at some point.

In the meantime, did you check with a different browser to see if the issue can be replicated? If you find the issue is specific to one browser you can clear cache and disable add-ons to see if you can fix the problem.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It fails across browser platforms same way. I have "adapted." I have to change the sort order manually every time you bring up a search results list of sold items. Whenever I try to use "Customize" button and save that change permanently, eBay changes it inside the drop down "Customize" window, but as soon as you click on "Apply Changes" the sort order is still "Ended Recently," which I just realized isn't even an option on the drop down sort order window where I'm making my change. Does this work the same for you? I'd just like to get more awareness and more voices to feedback to development. As I said in the beginning, I found others with the same complaint, but not a single response. Do appreciate your time. Would appreciate if you'd verify this fails the same for you and let me and development know. Thanks. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply