cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer can't pay for item because.....

Ebay tells them I don't ship to their area...which is Indiana.  Come on now Ebay.....get it together.  I ship anywhere in the USA.  How do I fix this so the buyer can pay?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is an intermittent error that has been showing up for well over a year.  I've experienced it both as a buyer and a seller.  Sometimes if the seller sends an invoice to the buyer, the buyer is able to pay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Your buyer maybe attempting to scam you.

Or you have the buyer blocked for nonpayment?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@ksedar 

You can try entering their User ID into the blocked buyer exemption list here:

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ExemptBuyers 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If it was a case of the buyer being blocked then how did they make the sale?  Wouldn't Ebay keep them from making the sale.  I got a notice the sale was made but then when the buyer tried to pay ebay said I don't ship to their area which is TN (its TN not indiana).  I received the notice in email that I made the sale but the buyer hasn't paid yet.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@ksedar 

There may be some sort of technical issue going on right now with the blocked buyer list.  I am sorry I cannot offer any other suggestions.

See this post on the Selling Board:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-Learned-Something-Today-that-May-Help-Others/m-p/33842775#M2... 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I believe the issue is the same as the link you posted.  I don't really understand it either because I can look at a list of anonymous buyers that made attempts to buy things but weren't able to because they had too many strikes against them.  If this is the case here, then how did she purchase it?  Is this something new that they are letting buyers circumvent the strike block?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@ksedar 

I have not heard of any changes made by eBay that would allow buyers to circumvent the non-payment strike block. 

We can ask eBay staff if there have been any changes that would allow a buyer to circumvent the non-payment strike block or if possibly there is a technical issue causing the buyer to see a message that indicates you do not ship to their location, which prevents the buyer from paying.

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

Would you please review the OP's posts here and offer assistance?

Another similar thread here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-Learned-Something-Today-that-May-Help-Others/m-p/33842775#M2... 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

This just happened to me a few hours ago; seller made me an offer, I accepted, went to pay and got the big red ebay banner, "sorry, this seller does not ship to Florida, USA".  Not sure how I forced through, but I was able to pay.  My purchase history shows 'awaiting shipment'.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@ksedar 

I have not heard of any changes made by eBay that would allow buyers to circumvent the non-payment strike block. 

We can ask eBay staff if there have been any changes that would allow a buyer to circumvent the non-payment strike block or if possibly there is a technical issue causing the buyer to see a message that indicates you do not ship to their location, which prevents the buyer from paying.

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

Would you please review the OP's posts here and offer assistance?

Another similar thread here:

Hey @mcdougle4248! It looks like there is a sitewide ticket open for the issue of buyers are unable to checkout due to an error, "We're sorry, this seller does not ship to your location". I will have the Tech Board updated shortly to show this issue. If anyone is running into this they can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are running into ALERT14779 and this will have your account added to the open ticket.

Devon,
eBay
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank you for the update!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

This is an intermittent error that has been showing up for well over a year.  I've experienced it both as a buyer and a seller.  Sometimes if the seller sends an invoice to the buyer, the buyer is able to pay.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

What, another ebay glitch this week?   I would love to see the glitch where ebay can't get the selling fees from sellers.

I would tell the buyer to sign in and sign out again.  And to then try paying.   Or maybe they can try a different device. If not, ask them to try in an hour or so.  Assure them that you do ship to their state.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

They were able to pay after I sent a invoice.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

LOL That wouldn't be a 'glitch' (they only seem to impact sellers), that would be a catastrophe and believe me would be fixed PDQ.

As somany said, this particular one has been cropping up randomly for years and yet somehow they haven't managed to pin down the cause & actually fix it.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I wish I could also choose where NOT to ship here in the USA... There are certain areas that are more prone to have bad buyers.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply