cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

When I am viewing a listing from a keyword search and I click on the "See Other Items" link, it results in that particular seller's other items but still uses the keyword search.  You can't see their other items unless you clear the search box after clicking the link to see the other items.  This also happens when you are visiting a sold listing.  Please fix this ASAP.  Many people wouldn't notice this and clear the search box.  This could be a big part of why everyone's sales have dropped so drastically.  This is a BUG that needs fixing.  

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

yep your right they don't even know how to find purchase history or locate tracking #'s have them ask me all the time for tracking #,they need to get a bunch of senior citizens to test run various platforms,many of them have money and nothing better to do than buy things on the net,my father (78 years old) asks me all the time to buy things for him,he plays bridge still does peoples taxes for them but can't use his new phone or surf the net very well,some one needs to open a senior friendly market for auctions computers & phones all at once like a bundle,ebays platform should be SENIOR freindly (a dog whistle for easy for dumbies) get some dumbies to test it out.ebay knows the fragility of fickle these changes make buyers/sellers (they are one in the same you run one off or make them unhappy you kinda run a buyer & a seller off at the same time even ametur sellers that don't know how to take photos have there place they encouraged me to start they take the fear out of starting out) fickle,i still can't wrap my mind around how screwed up all this stuff has been was really ramped up for sales in March all the indications were way UP like triple digits,then BAM one after another after another these changes were like kryptonite to Superman.what on earth are you thinking ebay really what in the heck are you thinking?????if you want to improve buy/seller experience go back to the basics put a little love in the equation,conglomerates don't have any love in the equation though do they?prove me wrong please.
Message 91 of 104
latest reply

"I have received an email message from them today advising they are seemingly restricting specific items on the EBAY,COM website if thet are second hand, also they are advising I require to pay additionally for advertising on the Ebay.com website which costs an additional 30p per listing"

@talulagracie

Im not really sure if I understand what you write, and what the relation is to the subject of this thread

I havent seen any aditional fees yet myself, so Im not sure if I understand what you mean with the aditional 30p on top of the 30p you allready payed for the extra visibility in the US, Australia and Canada.

Your items ARE visible in the countries that cover the 'International Visibility', BUT clicking other items in your listing on the .COM site only show the items answering the original search. Am I correct?

As far as International Visibility is concerned. I list only on the .COM site every now and then  (the other way around to your situation) and I pay an aditional 60 dollarcents for each listing to have 'international visibility', which basically comes down to the extra visibility in the UK only as far as I know.
As all other european countries (germany, spain, italy etc) do NOT show my items on their own eBay pages.

I do sell to europeans outside the UK every now and then, so these people must be using the .COM site (too) when searching for items.

Ive been doing some testing very recently and maybe the issue discussed in this thread is only affecting the eBay.COM site today.
Other countries I tested (also the UK site) do not have this issue anymore. I only tested a few European sites, so im not absolutely sure about this

This comes down to the following, and this is describing what this thread is about  (to get back to the subject):

Clicking 'see other items' in a listing one selected from an initial search one started for a specific item, results in a list of 'other items' of that seller that only answers to the original search words.
EBay is copying the initial search words in the search bar within that sellers available items.
The result of this is that not ALL the sellers other items are visible, but only the items that answer to the original search words.

As the eBay.COM site is a site where many people take a look, also the people of many countries with their own eBay page, this is having a huge effect on views and sales of millions of sellers.

This is what needs to be adressed and fixed. Or changed and roled back

Message 92 of 104
latest reply

Yes, I noticed this problem recently.  I called ebay c/s on 8/9/18 and they said it was a problem with my browser.  I cleared browser cache etc. and same problem again.  I asked a fellow ebay seller to check out this "see other items" glitch and they could not see a seller's other items unless those items had the same keyword/s.  One seller had over 200 listings and only two showed up. This is bull...... and killing sellers.

Message 93 of 104
latest reply

@theskysthelimitdesigns wrote:

Yes, I noticed this problem recently.  I called ebay c/s on 8/9/18 and they said it was a problem with my browser.  I cleared browser cache etc. and same problem again.  I asked a fellow ebay seller to check out this "see other items" glitch and they could not see a seller's other items unless those items had the same keyword/s.  One seller had over 200 listings and only two showed up. This is bull...... and killing sellers.

Yes.  And at this point, I don't think anything is being done about it.  My sales have picked up (a little bit) the past week or so but not enough to pay the bills.  I updated my resume yesterday and am going to be launching my own website soon and using social network platforms to promote myself.  Bad idea to use eBay as your sole selling platform at this point.  It's not going to get better, at least not for sellers.  But as more and more are migrating away from eBay, in a decade I see eBay being what myspace is today, a ghost town.

Message 94 of 104
latest reply

seller = buyer -seller = -buyer =0 for ebay keep it up ebay your going to 0 fast, some of the highest dollar sales in recorded history were USED ITEMS.
1. Amedeo Modigliani’s Nu couché (Sur le côté gauche), US$157.2 million
2. Kazimir Malevich’s Suprematist Composition, US$85.8 million
3. Constantine Brancusi’s La Jeune Fille Sophistiquée (Portrait de Nancy Cunard), US$71 million.
TO NAME A FEW.
ebay stop the ignorance & war on used one of a kind items. make some money
Message 95 of 104
latest reply

I think this might be caused by them migrating servers - but I'm not sure

Anita at ModelSupplies & DNAshopper

Message 96 of 104
latest reply

kayb90 started this thread 7/24,first kay's second response 8/2 and then kay's first announcement below 7/24:
8/2: kayb90
in reply to pepedoll 08-02-2018 05:38:33 PM
kayb90
Unfortunately, I don't think it's a bug anymore.. I tested it again today and they changed the code a little. Now when you click on seller's other items, the filter is still in place showing 1 result and under it you see a few other items with similar search terms.. So they let your visitors see a few more of your items but they still have to clear the filter to see all of your items. It's a horrible change, it's misleading, and frankly, extremely unprofessional. Having a link to see seller's other items should show you the seller's other items when you click said link. Not just one of them, not just a few of them, All of them. Period. END
7/24 kayb90
Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items
kayb90
07-24-2018 06:44:30 AM
When I am viewing a listing from a keyword search and I click on the "See Other Items" link, it results in that particular seller's other items but still uses the keyword search. You can't see their other items unless you clear the search box after clicking the link to see the other items. This also happens when you are visiting a sold listing. Please fix this ASAP. Many people wouldn't notice this and clear the search box. This could be a big part of why everyone's sales have dropped so drastically. This is a BUG that needs fixing. END
(it has been 3 weeks since first reported then on 8/2 they tweaked the original redirect.
no one official has officially addressed anything SPECIFIC about the sneaky changes other than (a little on the photos & a blanket apology without any specifics still at the top of tech threads)
"Merging Servers" that sounds real good i still struggle with believing my lying eyes.the only good thing about it is it's all very interesting to say the least.if only there wasn't any money being lost.
Message 97 of 104
latest reply

I contacted them yesterday, many of there staff are seemingly unaware of this issue and I think this should possibly be legally checked, as I am based in the UK I am resticted in viewing goods from around the glob if the seller has a Private account that if a Plateform has a link stating VIEW SELLERS OTHERS ITEM it is clearly not showing other items and they are charging an additional 30p per listing for visibilty, it may possibly be a BREECH OF CONTRACT if it is a contributing factor to sales and lack of visibilty 

Message 98 of 104
latest reply

They appear to have fixed this issue on Ebay Uk, hopefully they will do this for Ebay in USA!  This is one of their worst messes/glitches ever......

Message 99 of 104
latest reply

@theskysthelimitdesigns wrote:

This is one of their worst messes/glitches ever......

True.

But, if I am not mistaken, it looks like eBay has finally repaired this horrific and amateuristic 'bug'

Or, roled back one of their worst 'experiments on the expense of sellers worldwide' sofar

Am I correct? Do others experience the same on the .com site?

Message 100 of 104
latest reply

last i checked they changed it back like it should be,these dates coming up are when they pull the stuff,right after you pay your fees,kinda like freddies nightmares you relax for a second then there he is.
Message 101 of 104
latest reply

EBAY ARE NOW ADVISING TODAY THROUGH THEIR REPRESENATIBE LAURA IN IRELAND THAT THIS PROBLEM DID EXSIT ON MY ACCOUNTS, DUE TO CLAIMING COMPENSATION, IF THE PLATEFORM IS NOT WORKING AS IT SHOULD WE ARE ALL PAYING FOR A SERVICE, WHICH CERTAINLY WOULD APPEAR TO BE A BREACH OF CONTRACT AS i PAID FOR iNTERNATIONAL VISIABITY, i REQUIRE IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS ISSUE AND WHAT eBAY HAVE GIVEN MANY THANKS

Message 102 of 104
latest reply

Sorry to bump an old thread, but is anyone else still experiencing this problem? I just noticed this issue a few weeks ago. I was showing (someone I sell for) an item of theirs that sold and went to click on "See other items" and nothing, absolutely zero results.

The last few comments on here seem to imply that the issue was fixed. But for several weeks now I can't see my other items.

To be clear, this only happens when I am NOT signed into eBay and I am on my laptop -- if that makes any difference. Also, I checked for this problem on a cellphone and there was no issue and I was able to see all my listings.

But not everyone uses a cellphone for eBay shopping. So, is this issue still happening for any of you?

Message 103 of 104
latest reply

Hello from Tennessee!

I am with you! Old thread, and still the same problem not being at all solved it seems.

I just contacted the BBB after 10 days of straight calling eBay because my Store listings are not showing at all!

I just do not know what to do anymore...

Their seems to be a "ghostly" Technical Support here.

They keep telling me their is a "bug" on the system, and that any day now my Store will be up and running again, but it seems to me by reading so many different threads, that these "glitches" are never solved and that this has been going on for a long time.

Meanwhile, I worked so hard for six years to build my Store, and now I am slowly, but surely "going out of business"! I have noticed within the last year that their have been so many different "glitches" in my Store... I will be moving to another portal heartbroken, but they are chasing me out swiftly not helping me as a loyal Seller fixing these technical issues.

In an era where computers rule the world, who do these people hire on the eBay portal to just make so many mistakes and messes leaving behind "unresolved technical issues" that really cause havoc to us Sellers! 

Message 104 of 104
latest reply