cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

When I am viewing a listing from a keyword search and I click on the "See Other Items" link, it results in that particular seller's other items but still uses the keyword search.  You can't see their other items unless you clear the search box after clicking the link to see the other items.  This also happens when you are visiting a sold listing.  Please fix this ASAP.  Many people wouldn't notice this and clear the search box.  This could be a big part of why everyone's sales have dropped so drastically.  This is a BUG that needs fixing.  

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

brian@ebay

Brian, as you have become our channel to eBay's management in this horror story;

Can you be so kind to contact one of your managers, find information, and get back to us on this subject asap ?

Where do we stand in this. What are the facts? Information is very wellcome to several millions of sellers worldwide.

Thanks in advance.

Message 76 of 104
latest reply

I have three emails from Ebay over three weeks advising that someone will get back to me in relation to this specific concern in the UK, but no one has to date. I think it will be the national press is the only way that Ebay will possibly respond to their members concerns
Message 77 of 104
latest reply

>>Nope, not in Alaska.

Ok, thought it might be a different geolocation issue.

Re-reading you post it appears it is the bug where search is dragging item search specific keywords along and infecting some links on the item page (like "See other items" ).

Repeat what you did and get no other items, then edit the URL for that page by deleting everything after https://www.ebay.com/sch/SELLERNAME/m.html in the URL (starting with the ?), and see what you get.

Workarounds in post# 50 of this thread help as a buyer or a seller doing research, but eBay needs to fix this to prevent loss of sales from those not aware of the problem or workaround, and seeing few or no items for a seller.
Message 78 of 104
latest reply

I copied and item number then logged out,then search the number and opened it up ... there is no See other items link on the listings but there is a link to the store ... I guess that's the same thing for Store owners, huh?!?  What I find interesting is the OLD TRS Plus badge is being displayed but the new one is not.  I've seen this before when they are making changes, its almost like accounts are put in to a previous program or put on a different server while they upload or work with the new program ...

Screenshot (1268).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 79 of 104
latest reply

Well the problem still persists, Im not really sure how long it has been going?  The veiw sellers other items is broke...... The only work around I have found is to clear out the search box when you are on the view sellers other items page.   Just leave it blank and do the search again, and that usually brings up the sellers other items.   That doesnt help buyers that dont know that the search is busted.  They just see the items that were in the original key words search on the sellers site/store.   Not knowing whether or not there are other items for sale.  

Why take the View Sellers Other Items tab away and mess up the searches, if not to force small time sellers into stores?  This is a stupid problem that never should be happening. 

Ebay put things back to the way they were before you started "Trying to Fix Things"   

Message 80 of 104
latest reply

I got a very easy work around the problem; click on the seller's feedback number and from that page, click on items for sale.

Like others have said though, that's not going to help when possible buyers dont know  that the 'sellers other items' link is broken.  They just think the seller has nothing else listed and move on...how many sales have been lost with this issue?  🙄😟

Message 81 of 104
latest reply

@mycollection-to-yourcollection wrote:
I've gone ahead and reported this. Thanks for letting me know!

brian@ebay 

Brian, we are waiting for answers, and specifically for the roll back or fix.

Please provide us asap with an update on this, where do we stand?

Thank you.

@moms**art**window**

all of us have called and were treated like we were the only ones,i don't call any more because of the head aches after hanging up.

We will NOT accept this, this time, and sit this out

I dont think that, in eBays history, there has been a change on all eBay sites worldwide before that has such a Disastrous effect on sellers worldwide

Hi @mycollection-to-yourcollection I'm keeping a close eye on it though and continuing to send examples to the developers. As of now, I do not have any new information to share.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 82 of 104
latest reply

@attic_toys79

@attic_toys79 wrote:

Well the problem still persists, Im not really sure how long it has been going?  The veiw sellers other items is broke...... The only work around I have found is to clear out the search box when you are on the view sellers other items page.   Just leave it blank and do the search again, and that usually brings up the sellers other items.   That doesnt help buyers that dont know that the search is busted.  They just see the items that were in the original key words search on the sellers site/store.   Not knowing whether or not there are other items for sale.  

Why take the View Sellers Other Items tab away and mess up the searches, if not to force small time sellers into stores?  This is a stupid problem that never should be happening. 

Ebay put things back to the way they were before you started "Trying to Fix Things"   

I tried but could not duplicate the issue here but believe me I know its an issue elsewhere as is often the case.  Many, but not all, Sellers get affected.  I do however seem to recall that the View other items of the Seller choice was absent in their new Marketplace (I think that's what they called it) search return where they planned to return 4 items in search ... I wish I could recall the exact thread that I read that on but it had something to do with the new search that will be instituted that limits the number of items returned for Buyers to look at.  I think some Beta tests were done and Buyer's hated it, had trouble finding ANYTHING outside what was returned ... sort of like Home Office saying, here are your four choices, but one.

Regards,
Message 83 of 104
latest reply

This is now the third week, with sales none down 100% over five accounts and i sale a month is a joke and I am certainly now not paying listings fees for a service that does not work to the way it should and I beleive the more people whom complain and demand there money back they may fix this system as AMAZON  cannot be worse than Ebay for sales or customer service as Ebay Customer Service is a disgrace

Message 84 of 104
latest reply

The only sales one appears to get on Ebay are what is FAKE SALES and questionable questions from buyers that appear to ask the same questions over months with no sale, as with non paying buyers, one or two over a period  of time may be expected, but not in neatly every sale through Account to account over months is highly questionable  , while no payment has been received Ebay are still implying a sale has gone through coupled with a nightmare platform that is dead on sales and trafix, where are the 25 million users, as I am lucky if I have traffic on any one item on average above 20 views over a 30 day period for nearly all listings on all accounts. EBAY IS KILLING ITSSELF with their so called improvements to their site which are chasing many people away unto other platforms 

Message 85 of 104
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

I understand what you are saying ... I'm simply suggesting that this behavior is the way eBay is supposed to operate, and that it is not a software glitch.

No, it's not.

See OTHER items is supposed to show the seller's other items that are available for sale. It does not mean show the SAME item that the buyer is already viewing.

Message 86 of 104
latest reply

@ensus2015 wrote:

I got a very easy work around the problem; click on the seller's feedback number and from that page, click on items for sale.

Like others have said though, that's not going to help when possible buyers dont know  that the 'sellers other items' link is broken.  They just think the seller has nothing else listed and move on...how many sales have been lost with this issue?  🙄😟

Unfortunately, many buyers are barely computer literate. Many of them don't know how to find their purchase history, they don't know how to use the cart. I even get buyers asking me to walk them through how to pay (yes, really).

No way they could figure out a workaround without some hand-holding and even then, they should NOT have to use workarounds when there is an option for seeing OTHER items that eBay simply needs to fix.

The idea of millions of buyers using workarounds when a programmer can do a one-time fix is ludicrous. eBay is shirking its responsibility (either that or trying to bury our individual identities as sellers).

Message 87 of 104
latest reply

@gopetersen  wrote:  " ... when a programmer can do a one-time fix ..."

Here in lies one of the big issues ... reading all the threads in The Community about glitches it is apparent that the IT Department lacks the knowledge and expertise to take quick and decisive corrective measures to fix problems.  Sellers have enough to do in running their businesses and should NOT have t o concern themselves with trouble shooting untested and un-debugged program updates as they get rolled out.  I just cringe thinking about the potential issues coming with Adyen when suddenly glitches can revolve around Sellers' money ...

Regards,
Message 88 of 104
latest reply

I have received an email message from them today advising they are seemingly restricting specific items on the EBAY,COM website if thet are second hand, also they are advising I require to pay additionally for advertising on the Ebay.com website which costs an additional 30p per listing. This certainly is questionable since I do pay the 30p additionally on top of the listing fees to have my items visiable, then being advised it Ebay discreation if they want the items to be shown. I am unsure how I could post this message onto this form as I certainly do not think this addresses this specific question.

I think in my own opinon they do not want to fix this issue, due to their new system which their new nightmare system layout they have recently rolled out in the US, I do beleive many are now leaving for Amazon as Ebay is now pointless in spending fees to sit for months going nowhere in a system the is almost at a standstill with no sales and issues that are contiuos on a daily baises.

As it is clear with the nightmare Customer service whom are clearly not interested are seemingly slighting peoples concerns on this platform. As it is a bitter disapointment to be treated with so little repect when you have been a loyal customer to them for over 16 years. I think with the current issues Ebay losing seemingly out to Amazon coupled with Brexit in the UK, they are heading possibly into a more regulated platform which wil become like Amazon a focal point of the UK Government to Tax and possible regulate which would have serious financial implecations on Ebay as well as Amazon and their maybe a get out plan possibly ahead for Ebay while their shares are steady, although declining,they could drop significantly on a regulated platform with Tax impleactions possibly in time to come and it maybe the reson why PAYPAL will no longer be a payment method in time. As  Paypal is the real money spinner , they would want to protect. The the new payment system which is being implemented one could ask why is this being brought in if Paypal is gobal payment system, unless they is a possible merger or sell off in the future, one can only wonder?

Message 89 of 104
latest reply

@talulagracie

PayPal was spun off years ago.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 90 of 104
latest reply