cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

When I am viewing a listing from a keyword search and I click on the "See Other Items" link, it results in that particular seller's other items but still uses the keyword search.  You can't see their other items unless you clear the search box after clicking the link to see the other items.  This also happens when you are visiting a sold listing.  Please fix this ASAP.  Many people wouldn't notice this and clear the search box.  This could be a big part of why everyone's sales have dropped so drastically.  This is a BUG that needs fixing.  

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

See sellers other items not working. Click on link nothing 0 items for sale. Look down below page will show me 2 items from same seller? I basically was in 10 stores trying to find something to buy unfortunately they show 0 items for sale. I knew they had items listed click on store it shows items, click on feedback it shows items. Does not show when you click on sellers other items. Lots of lost sales here. Very disappointed as I see this is a week long thread which still isn’t fixed.
Message 61 of 104
latest reply

Three weeks in the UK and they still have done nothing to fix this issue, under pressure last week in the UK, they have seemingly fixed the issue for domestic sales in the UK for both Private sellers and stores, but not Internationally as the main issue is on the Ebay US.com website to which many business and Private accounts pay this additional fee for the visibility , which is having major issues for people across the globe trying to sell and buy goods. The View other sellers is meant to be visible on some mobile telephone devices only. That if enough people demand their fees back for listings which they have paid for in good faith to find not to be working in the way they should have been , This may alert them in fixing these issues or going back to the old system, which was simpler and worked far better, as in my own opinion this new layout has been a total wast of money in what was meant to increase sales, but yet many accounts inclusive of my own accounts have had less sales since November 2017 than I have ever experienced on Ebay in my 16 years selling.when the New system layout was introduced in the tail end of September 2017 what like will this be when the new payment system is brought into their system.
Message 62 of 104
latest reply

i would buy that the best of intentions are in order if it weren't for this being one of many many sneaky changes more than 13 over the last several months that have NOT been (changed back) i say changed back instead of fixed,i know it defies logic to make changes intentionally that hurt sales not just a little but a lot,it really is to much to wrap ones mind around,i bet after November 6th maybe some of this insanity will stop.
until then don't see this letting up,the sneaky changes will probably worsen
Message 63 of 104
latest reply

Everyday that passes has a knock on affect in sales for many people, until this issue is fixed I am nolonger paying for International Ebay.com website for this service and have demanded a refund of my listing fees so far,

Message 64 of 104
latest reply

This is a total nightmare, with no Ebay representative can shed light directly on this issue to when this issue is going to be resolved, as I have been contacting them over over two weeks on this issue in the United Kingdom

Message 65 of 104
latest reply

Unfortunately, I don't think it's a bug anymore..  I tested it again today and they changed the code a little.  Now when you click on seller's other items, the filter is still in place showing 1 result and under it you see a few other items with similar search terms..  So they let your visitors see a few more of your items but they still have to clear the filter to see all of your items.  It's a horrible change, it's misleading, and frankly, extremely unprofessional.  Having a link to see seller's other items should show you the seller's other items when you click said link.  Not just one of them, not  just a few of them, All of them.  Period. 

Message 66 of 104
latest reply

I do think that they may have a legal obigation to show sellers other items, if they ae charging people for using a platform in supply Tools to which are self explantatory to their specfic use, as with viewing sellers others items should do what is states and in seemingly restricting sales for Private sellers and possibly some business sellers

Message 67 of 104
latest reply

There is a problem with the search engine....... There is a problem with "View sellers other items"  This option is missing, if the seller owns a store.  Even when you veiw sellers other items it does not display them properly or does show all of items for sale.  Sometimes it will only show the items in key words  of the original search.   The categories for some items have been changed too.  Some items for sale will not show even with key word search in the categories they use to appear in.    This is a serious problem for sellers. Item are not getting veiws or being seen.  Burried off  in dark corners of ebay somewheres.

These problems and others have to be intentional.....  Ebay REALLY wants ALL SELLERS to have a STORE.  Have we for gotten the issues with the view counters and missing pictures of last month?  

Once that issue was "resolved???" my sales went up.  Now things have leveled off again.....and the problems are back.

Whatever is going it needs to stop.   EBAY just leave things alone.  The changes are hurting small seller sales and hurting Ebay's bottom line.  What a pain.

Message 68 of 104
latest reply

Many people appear not to be aware of this issue on Ebay that their other items are not shown when pressing on view sellers other items , I am based in the UK using a PC and was looking at an item from Latvia only to find when looking at the sellers other items only the one single item was shown presing on the the sellers name it came up with over 385 items they where selling, this is a disgrace how are people meant to sell on this platform, does Ebay not relaise people are looking for sales to which they are paying to list items not the design element of Ebay seller hub which has been a total wast of money

Message 69 of 104
latest reply

The scary thing is they are completely aware,this is one of maybe 15 very sneaky changes that were DESIGNED to go unnoticed they are programmed redirects 100% intentional and they know it affects sales drastically,the intentions are for people to lose money no way around it they can't be that stupid it's impossible.do you believe them or your lying eyes? all of us have called and were treated like we were the only ones,i don't call any more because of the head aches after hanging up.
Maybe after Nov. 6th this nonsense will stop until then the sneaky changes will probably worsen.
Message 70 of 104
latest reply

I've gone ahead and reported this. Thanks for letting me know!

brian@ebay 

Brian, we are waiting for answers, and specifically for the roll back or fix.

Please provide us asap with an update on this, where do we stand?

Thank you.

@moms**art**window**

all of us have called and were treated like we were the only ones,i don't call any more because of the head aches after hanging up.

We will NOT accept this, this time, and sit this out

I dont think that, in eBays history, there has been a change on all eBay sites worldwide before that has such a Disastrous effect on sellers worldwide

Message 71 of 104
latest reply

Just saw this thread today, checked my selling account by searching for a specific item.  When it came up I clicked on 'sellers other items' and it showed no other items!!    I have 83 active items...no wonder sales and views are so slow/bad!

I OFTEN click on view sellers other items after I've found a particular item of theirs, and bought what I saw after viewing their other items...this is a HUGE detriment to sellers!

What is the word on getting this fixed???

Message 72 of 104
latest reply

it's going on 2 weeks now & they never put the other changes back either,they aren't real good about telling us what they are up to,they used to be gang busters with me but now ya know some people just won't do right and apparently there's a bunch at ebay that won't do right,don't waste your time on the phone the whole world has called already NO EXAGGERATION THE WHOLE WORLD HAS CALLED,never seen anything like this it's kinda like the porch lights on but nobody is home you might want to check your photos also (see missing photos tag) allen checks in and asks us if we want any coffee while we wait. (ebay team leader or something like that but apparently he can't get them to do right) they do know they are just indifferent.
Message 73 of 104
latest reply

>>I clicked on 'sellers other items' and it showed no other items!!

Are you in Alaska?
Message 74 of 104
latest reply

Nope, not in Alaska. 

Message 75 of 104
latest reply