cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you being charged a fee for revising already listed items?

I noticed this over the week.  When I went to revise a listing, it would tell me that fees are $.10 - 10 cents.

I thought that is odd so I made 3 different revisions instead of doing all one for one listing.  Somethings I wanted to change from the way I listed originally.  Then I was able to escape the fee for revision --- especially if I had just listed the item and paid the 10 cents since I have already used up my free listing that come with our subscription.

Is that happening to any of you  --- e-bay charging fees to revise listing?  

It just happened again and I clicked without checking and sure enough it charged me 10cents.  

That seems like a rip off especially when sales are already down.   We are not so happy.  Yesterday e-bay came and told us to reduce prices so we can have sales on some items --- items already priced low that we are losing money.  So funny.  Why don't we just give it away?  So funny.

Is there a moderator around?  It happened to me for the following item on 3/18/18 around 1 pm pacific time:        Item ID: 382409085185  - Billabong Flowers and Stars distressed hoodie - was originally listed on 3/13/18 for 30 days so revision should be free -- should not cost me 10 cents.

Hello e-bay moderator - can you please check if we are being charged for revisions?  Is that something new with the spring update I missed?  Thanks

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

I have revised items by adding pictures, adjusting prices, adjusting copy in the ad and have absolutely be notified of a .10 and .20 revision charges.   If I have a revelation to make a more item more saleable or correct something I did wrong, I surely do NOT expect to be charged a revision fee.  My dashboard is informing me to "price competitively...."  I change a price and voila! eBay just charged me .20.  That is pretty deplorable.

Message 31 of 50
latest reply

Why would we need to call to have fees removed?  Stop calculating erroneous fees.  Fix the platform, please!

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

Hello,

I have examined numerous blogs/videos/teaching materials by some of the biggest eBay sellers.  I have participated in some of the selling seminars by successful sellers, too.   It is a numbers game.  The more items you sell, the more times you appear in the search.  There is something for everyone.  There is impulse buys made by someone who was looking for say a practical item like a laptop battery and wind up buying an aromatherapy oil and an iron on Superhero patch.   The impulse buyers are buying the "junk."  So relatively, there really is no such thing as junk.  There may be items that have a smaller than usual audience or a buyer who never knew they desired an item until they saw it.  

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

This keeps happening to me too. and when I went in my accounts fees to see if it actually charged me I had a real surprise. over $14.00 in listing fee after using the bulk listing tool that had confirmed fee were zero. I have a store and was still using up tee balance of listings owed to me. I am amazed at teh trouble I have been having with this site..
Message 34 of 50
latest reply

That's what i've been saying for weeks but everytime I mention it...I get so good 2 shoes tell me that I was nuts and that Ebay isn't doing that and it didn't happen to them......well pardon me to all hell....I only have a regular store and nothing elaberate as them....this is just another way Feebay is neckel and diming the little guy

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

I just called the customer help desk about this, they checked my account and said i was NOT charged, and that it was just a glitch when I am revising.

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

@sparrow_magicwrote:

I just called the customer help desk about this, they checked my account and said i was NOT charged, and that it was just a glitch when I am revising.

Sorry, based on experience we can't trust much of what an anonymous CS agent claims.  While I'm sure correct information is given on some calls, it only takes one bad response to cost a seller a considerable amount of money.   If it's a "glitch" then they need to fix it.  NOW.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 37 of 50
latest reply

I have noticed that also. It seems to be hit and miss. I thought revisions were not treated as a new listing.
Message 38 of 50
latest reply

yes this is happen to me as well, i just thought is was another fee that we will have to pay. if not i hope they fix it. sales are way down, that i can't aford another fee. thank you

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

I was just charged .20 cents a few minutes ago because it was listed in 2 catagories.. I tried to remove one category and it would not let me.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 40 of 50
latest reply

I am being charged .20 to revise some already listed items.  Not all- but some. I am basically changing the same areas of each listing.  So there is no consistency here!  What is going on? This just occured minutes ago.   I must also add that this has happened in the past. 

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

I have had a chance to read the seller update in full. Yes, these fees are incurred with category and item specifics changes. Of course, no date was given when it was supposed to start, obviously that was not important enough for us to know.
Futures here are bleak. This is only the tip of the shaft they are about to shove into us.
Message 42 of 50
latest reply

@plumbingspecialswrote:
I have had a chance to read the seller update in full. Yes, these fees are incurred with category and item specifics changes. Of course, no date was given when it was supposed to start, obviously that was not important enough for us to know.
Futures here are bleak. This is only the tip of the shaft they are about to shove into us.

eBay employees have already posted in multiple threads that the fee charges are an error, and they are working to fix it, and also that they should not be showing up on our invoices:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Being-charged-a-fee-for-each-revision/m-p/28328481#M1183543

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

Okay so I suppose the update that I am reading is wrong. You're right. You are ALWAYS right.
Starting to think you are stalking me, thatsallfolks. You respond to everything I say and it's really starting to creep me out.
I'm done with this Community. Some people here are just as bad as the scam buyers, and I am really tired of them too.
Over and Out.
Message 44 of 50
latest reply

@plumbingspecialswrote:
Okay so I suppose the update that I am reading is wrong. You're right. You are ALWAYS right.
Starting to think you are stalking me, thatsallfolks. You respond to everything I say and it's really starting to creep me out.
I'm done with this Community. Some people here are just as bad as the scam buyers, and I am really tired of them too.
Over and Out.

If posters are going to contradict the information provided directly by eBay employees (multiple times), it should be accompanied by a link to the specific policy update page they're referring to. That's not too much to expect when someone claims that what eBay has published disagrees with what their representatives here are telling us.

Message 45 of 50
latest reply