cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you being charged a fee for revising already listed items?

I noticed this over the week.  When I went to revise a listing, it would tell me that fees are $.10 - 10 cents.

I thought that is odd so I made 3 different revisions instead of doing all one for one listing.  Somethings I wanted to change from the way I listed originally.  Then I was able to escape the fee for revision --- especially if I had just listed the item and paid the 10 cents since I have already used up my free listing that come with our subscription.

Is that happening to any of you  --- e-bay charging fees to revise listing?  

It just happened again and I clicked without checking and sure enough it charged me 10cents.  

That seems like a rip off especially when sales are already down.   We are not so happy.  Yesterday e-bay came and told us to reduce prices so we can have sales on some items --- items already priced low that we are losing money.  So funny.  Why don't we just give it away?  So funny.

Is there a moderator around?  It happened to me for the following item on 3/18/18 around 1 pm pacific time:        Item ID: 382409085185  - Billabong Flowers and Stars distressed hoodie - was originally listed on 3/13/18 for 30 days so revision should be free -- should not cost me 10 cents.

Hello e-bay moderator - can you please check if we are being charged for revisions?  Is that something new with the spring update I missed?  Thanks

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Yes, it is very frustrating, seems mostly on Good 'til Cancelled listings!  Cost me extra in my current invoice. I am systematically eliminating Good til Cancelled listings, which I used originally to stop the forced "Best Offer" that ebay did to us a couple months ago. Now need to change them all again and pay for it or wait til the listing is almost ready to roll over. Called CS, was to get a resolution or information on the "glitch" but still no answer. The poor CS reps are getting hammered, and they dont know whats happening. It wasnt in the update that I could find. Also isnt in "understanding fees" looked there too! Im rambling.... sorry.

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

If you look up the rules for revisions, you will quickly find out that there are a couple of situations under which the revision is not free - if you increase your price, including shipping charges, and if you modify the format (I haven’t figured out this one yet, but it includes changing the category and title description, I think.) 

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

I changed one thing on one of my listings ( handling time) and I was charged .20cent revision fee.This has happened so many times to me. I use to have over 900 listings, I deleted most of them down to just above 400.. Maybe it dont show on your invoice but Im not going to take the chance that it does. This is a problem that ebay should fix and they dont really care. They make plenty of changes  all the time. FIX what the PROBLEMS are.

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

I have an anchor store and I am also being charged an occasional revision fee. When will this GLITCH be fixed?

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Yes... this is horrible.  I just want to reduce my quantity from 2 to 1 and it is charging me 20 cents. What is going on?Cheaper to just end the listing and relist for free.  Also when it comes to the marketing bonuses of 50 or so free listings that they send you every now and then, eventhough you accept it Ebay will still charge you 20 cents eventhough it should be free.

Message 50 of 50
latest reply