cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A web page is slowing down your browser

For a couple days now, while only ebay pages are open, using Firefox, I've been getting this message:

"A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do? Stop it (or) Wait"

Some ebay pages are taking a very long time to load.

Anyone else?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: A web page is slowing down your browser

OMG, and I thought I was the only one. I doubled up on adblockers and still loads slowly. I think eBay is trying out some sorta a research bot to see what we are looking at so they acn slam us with more unwanted ads. I've noticed it about a month ago in Foxfire. Then FF updated its browser and boom it started...
Message 16 of 49
latest reply

YES.
aaaargh...
Message 17 of 49
latest reply

Give it time....

Message 18 of 49
latest reply

Myself also...

I have 2 Ebay accounts....my 'buying' account and my 'selling' account and it's only on my 'buying' account under 'My Purchases.'

Been going on for nearly a year now...

VERY frustrating...and maddening...

Message 19 of 49
latest reply

SAME HERE....

No problems with my Ebay 'selling' account at all.

Message 20 of 49
latest reply

Just wondering something here...

Are we all sticking with Mozilla because of their incredible 'Bookmarks Sidebar?'
I am...
Anyone know of a browser with something just as wonderful with bookmarks?
This Mozilla error is driving me NUTS!
Message 21 of 49
latest reply

Its now November 2017 and with the most recent update to Firefox, I have started getting the message and my computer seems to freeze until the message goes away or I click to stop the page then a lot of the functions on Ebay doesn't work.
Message 22 of 49
latest reply

Just wanted to add that I don't think the problem is with Ebay but is with Firefox.  I will start using Google Chrome until Firefox fixes the problem.

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

The pages should not be relying on Flash, and current versions will stop it unless you tell Firefox to allow it. Flash is BLOCKED by more recent versions of Firefox, as Apple does and Google may also (I have no idea there).

Flash isn't the problem either., and if your page is taking 'five minutes' to load or not loading then Firefox has crashed.

Think about it, Internet Explorer users without Flash don't experience this problem, and no it's not the ads.

What is entirely possible is that you are now using Firefox 57 'Quantum' and that issue is with the browser. You can reinstall the browser completely in Windows...Linux is different and there are different versions of Linux to consider.

I would suggest a complete uninstallation of Firefox and a clean install if you are using Windows. The new Quantum WAS using a very large amount to memory early on, with one of five or more files called firefox.exe uususally using 1-3 GIGABYTES of memory if you caould monitor it. And a LOT of people notriced this and complained to Mozilla, the maker of Firefox...hopefully if you follow their instructions it can be fixed.

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

I think it is a Spam Site. Or maybe a Scam site. It isn't much of a Sell sight, that's for sure.
Message 25 of 49
latest reply

I'm getting the same thing...sick n tired of it...no fix in site.

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

Exactly what I'm getting all the time... What's the fix...?

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

Ditto same exact problem with several of the releases of Firefox last year especially on the lists (purchase etc) in my ebay.  Switched to Chrome and have not had any problems or issues.  I think the problem is Firefox not ebay.

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

Loading is very slow, and also been having problems with the pages freezing. I can open another tab then open the frozen tab to unfreeze it, but that trick isn't working right now.

Message 29 of 49
latest reply

Ebay doesn't care,  they're making money hand over fist, and changing the website pages every week once people get used to using it.  I also don't sell anymore.

Message 30 of 49
latest reply