cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Views and no sales

For the past 3-4 days my views updated with the new spring update but almost all updated to 0 views and the timeline coincides with almost non existent sales which has never happened and usually my items sell fairly quickly within a month or 2 for sure. I know about the spring update but this is more than just a change to the views. Any ideas as to how I can boost sales of get this issue fixed? I post 10/day everyday, accept offers, run sales and coupons.....I am at a loss.

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: 0 Views and no sales

This is bad real bad what ebay has done to sellers. Not only have I not been getting any views, I have not been getting sells.  I am not making any money on ebay, since they put in this new view system.  All the years that I have been selling on ebay, it has never been this bad. I went from a top rated seller, to not selling basically nothing at all. I even tested a item that had no views for two months. I used payed promotions, and after two weeks the item still do not have any view. At this point I am paying for a ebay store for nothing.  Wasting my money or giving my money to ebay for free.  However,  I am so happy I listen to other ebay sellers who seen this coming, due to the many ebay decisions that suppose to have helped sellers actually hurt sellers. All my new and good items are listed on other sites.  At this point, I am going to shut down my ebay  store, and go with the 200 free listing.  I will just list on ebay  junk, broken, repair, as is items.   In that way, I don't care how long it sit on ebay, with no views,  nor if it sells or not.   

Message 46 of 76
latest reply

I am having the same problem. I sell vintage/collectible items.  In the past, no matter what it was, I'd at least get some views.  Now, I see nothing but a series of zeroes on views.  That's crazy.  I feel certain items or categories of items are being shut out and filtered out by ebay in some sort of way that they are not being honest about.  Many people have said they feel ebay is trying to shut out collectibles or low volumn sellers/small sellers and focus on other aspects of the market. There is no way that 30 or more of my lists are getting ZERO views.  And this has been going on for several months now.  Getting ebay to be honest will be impossible.  I don't feel this is a glitch, I feel this is something intentional on their part.  I used to make at least a few sales per week, now I'm lucky to even get one sale in a month.  I don't have an ebay store but I was always happy to sell some of my items.  Now it feels useless to even bother with putting up new listings only to have the same thing happen for months on end.  Very depressing! 

Message 47 of 76
latest reply

I'm having the same problem too.  I'm not one that runs a business on ebay but have always sold items here that I either no longer use, bought and then didn't use or have picked up in various ways but no longer want.  I also sell coke collectibles.  Sales were great up through March or April of this year....now they are almost non-existent.  And almost everything shows with zero views.  This is definitely depressing.

Message 48 of 76
latest reply

There is definitely something going on in the ebay side, sales on my website, etsy and other platforms are growing despite the economic issues while items on ebay get not even views. It might have to do with the way they promoted these items on search engines.

Message 49 of 76
latest reply

Same here. Although, if we arent selling anything,  then ebay dont get their cut...so why would they do that? Why would ebay do something that stops them from taking in revenue.? Doesn't make sense, but it is definitely happening.  I haven't sold a thing in almost 2 weeks, and i normally sell 4 or 5 items a week minimum. Also, im concerned that my last items that sold on auction only had 1 bidder on each. 5 items sold to 1 bidder on each. There is definitely something not right with this new view count system that is preventing buyers from either seeing a listing, or buying or bidding on a listing. 

Message 50 of 76
latest reply

Something isn't right. I have logged out and searched for my items using the exact words in the title and my items don't come up at all. I have also tried being a little generic on my searches and they still don't come up. I think ebay has made this "add item specifics" so specific that it narrows down the items. Some of my items do come up but most of them don't. I don't know what they're trying to do, but whatever it is, it certainly isn't helping me. If a buyer can't find the item, how can they view it much less purchase it?  A couple of weeks ago I received a bid on one of my items. This was an item I had put on for 1 week as an auction. Got the bid, but no views? Now how can that be? The person had to view it before bidding on it. The 30 day view thing wouldn't have applied because it was only on there a couple of days before it was bid on.  I just don't know where ebay is coming from.....they are making this way too hard. Maybe they want to get rid of the little sellers and only have the big sellers that have stores. I'm at a loss. 

Message 51 of 76
latest reply

This has been happening yo me on & off for a few months. I'm getting zero views on a lot of items. Which I know for a fact I'd have views. Especially from my regular buyers. They are all listed correctly. You can get zero views on an item 1 week. Then relist ut the following week. It sells with loads if views & bids???? I think E-bay restrict/hide & limit your items if your not a business seller.

Message 52 of 76
latest reply

All my items are getting 0 views, 0 watchers.  I even PAID to have one item promoted, and 0 views.  It appears many of this are having the same issue.  Unless someone is specifically looking for one of my items, it's just not being seen.  This has been going on for at least 2-3 months. 

Message 53 of 76
latest reply

Sales are down 50-80% usually sell 20-40 itmes a day , down to no more then 10. Several days my sales are almost the exact same amount each day. Or I’ll have 1 good day followed by a terrible day. So my average never goes up. 

Message 54 of 76
latest reply

So glad to think to look for this kind of dialogue.... YES! I too have had no activity for weeks, highly unusual. And especially after putting up a popular item, that shows recent sales on the "advanced" search at much higher prices. When I called, I even pointed out to the employee that I wondered if it was Ebay's new way to get us to click on "promote listing," but once I tried that, still nothing, no views. The day after my second call to Ebay, there was an uptick on my views, but then...nothing again for days. It was as if they did it, to appease me. They can tell me that it's because of some change on their end, but then, bottom line is, no sales.  Very frustrating. 

Message 55 of 76
latest reply

It’s July and I have zero views and zero sales.  I contacted eBay yesterday and the representative said ebay was performing some kind of update.   She told me to log out and back in after she did “something.”    Still nothing. I’m going to call again.  I’m paying for a store and this is not acceptable for over 2 months! 

Message 56 of 76
latest reply

For the past several months I thought it was just me having this issue. After 10+ years on eBay, this feels like a total waste of time.

Message 57 of 76
latest reply

@swirldrops, @bestbrandsshop07 , @originalbenavon , @beeboply , @leftovers_5555 

Earlier this year Impressions took a nose dive dropping just over 80% in a very, very short period of time based on the Traffic report.  THAT is not normal.  I think most Sellers here KNOW what normal dips are in their categories ... what we are seeing is NOT normal ... I posted this pic on another thread yesterday ... in looking past the humor Impressions are dropping again ... meaning things are NOT being found in Search  ... the 2nd pic shows that in just one day they have dropped another 7% ...

My account has been in Managed Payments for a couple years and I am on Weekly Payouts.  This week was THE lowest dollar amount Payout that I can remember in all that time.  Regardless of what has caused this doom and gloom the fact is that is is here.

Screenshot (3693).png

Screenshot (3697).png

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 58 of 76
latest reply

Have you tried contacting them by phone? When I first wrote this post as you know the same was happening to me. I called they filled out a "ticket" within 2 days sales started going back to normal. Now it's been happening again so last week I called, they said my views were not updating in real time which I know that wasn't the problem because that shouldn't affect my sales but either way they filed a ticket again and within a few days it now seems to be acting a bit more normal for me. Also, I post 7 new items every day and end and relist 3. I would highly suggest calling.

Message 59 of 76
latest reply

Oh yeah , everything of mine is down. This week just like you , worst sale all time. I’m doing in a week what I’d do in 1-2 days.  All my impressions and trafffic is down month over month for months now. All my items are promoted as always , sakes running as always. EBay has put me in a new hole every month. This week for July I’m in the under $1k a day hole. It’s crazy 

Message 60 of 76
latest reply