cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Views and no sales

For the past 3-4 days my views updated with the new spring update but almost all updated to 0 views and the timeline coincides with almost non existent sales which has never happened and usually my items sell fairly quickly within a month or 2 for sure. I know about the spring update but this is more than just a change to the views. Any ideas as to how I can boost sales of get this issue fixed? I post 10/day everyday, accept offers, run sales and coupons.....I am at a loss.

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

0 Views and no sales

I don’t call because I can never get a hold of anyone who understands me. I list hundred + items a week. Sell similar not re-list so it’s a new listing as well when they are stale. Nothing has changed but I’m happy you called and things have worked for you. I might have to do that because I’m not officially losing money with eBay. Not selling any new items at all. Crazy 

Message 61 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

@bestbrandsshop07 wrote:

Have you tried contacting them by phone? When I first wrote this post as you know the same was happening to me. I called they filled out a "ticket" within 2 days sales started going back to normal. Now it's been happening again so last week I called, they said my views were not updating in real time which I know that wasn't the problem because that shouldn't affect my sales but either way they filed a ticket again and within a few days it now seems to be acting a bit more normal for me. Also, I post 7 new items every day and end and relist 3. I would highly suggest calling.

@bestbrandsshop07   For myself I have never called them about drops in sales ... shouldn't really have to and your story is like others who have phoned, they get a boost in sales then it reverts back.  So, your example begs the question ... WHAT does eBay do to boost a Seller's sales when they call?  Is there a special button they have for the ID that automatically pushes their items UP in Search results?  I mean seriously, that's a questionable form of manipulation ... wonder if its even legal?!?

I keep a spread sheet that has every month recorded since I started Selling ... it keeps the total number of sales and the total dollar amount.  Last year may through October (6 months in a row) I record all time high Dollar amounts in sales and 5 of 6 of those months had record number of sales.

So, a year later May and June have not performed, meaning I would have been happy with getting close to last years' numbers and July looks abysmal ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 62 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

@leftovers_5555 wrote:

Oh yeah , everything of mine is down. This week just like you , worst sale all time. I’m doing in a week what I’d do in 1-2 days.  All my impressions and trafffic is down month over month for months now. All my items are promoted as always , sakes running as always. EBay has put me in a new hole every month. This week for July I’m in the under $1k a day hole. It’s crazy 

@leftovers_5555   The PLS Campaigns I run are for 30 days and only once a quarter ... this year they have under performed.  One common denominator to a lot of members reporting low sales is the time frame ... basically this year (last couple of months) ...

At the end of the day I keep track by month BUT to your point, each week I get a payout and Weekends are typically my highest selling time ... so when things are good Mondays I will ship 15-25 packages ... and rarely did I see single digit package Mondays ... just had three in a row with single digits ... yesterday was 5 with one still Unpaid so only 4 packages ...

Regards,
Message 63 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

I’m with you … shipping 6 today when i usually ship 30 a day. This weeks payout is what I usually do in 1-2 day sales.  I’ll try calling tomorrow, I have to work myself up to deal with the people who answer the phone. 

Message 64 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

@leftovers_5555 wrote:

I’m with you … shipping 6 today when i usually ship 30 a day. This weeks payout is what I usually do in 1-2 day sales.  I’ll try calling tomorrow, I have to work myself up to deal with the people who answer the phone. 

Well @leftovers_5555  ... I imagine all the calls will be a good indicator to them that something is wrong ...

Regards,
Message 65 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

Impressions are down for sure, and I'm not even sure that number is correct. It's probably way less than what ebay is saying it is. I've about had it. I'm not a huge, huge, seller, but my numbers are tanking. I had zero sales in May, the whole month....zero. That's never happened before. 

Message 66 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

Good point , I’ll try calling tomorrow and get back with an update.  I’m the mean time I’ll keep listing today and tomorrow morning , sending out offers to watchers (has actually been my only main source of sales) good luck to all

Message 67 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

Thank you. Yes, I had called twice. The first time, they gave me an explanation that it was a problem on their end, and that it should change eventually. The next time, I noticed an uptick that night, and nothing for a few weeks since then. 

Message 68 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

They did send me a request for a ZOOM conference, in response to my post. I haven't gotten a date yet, but, TBD. 

Message 69 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

I am new to eBay.  I am very frustrated due to not getting any views!   What the heck is going on?  And the scammers have driven me crazy!

Message 70 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

I have had NUMEROUS phone conversations (easily over 20) with eBay employees who have just flat out lied to me unabashedly.  I mean just making stories up, creating fake "technical issues" to get them out of hot water and even making statements that directly contradict well-known eBay policies.  The most frequent one, the good 'ol trusty standby is to claim that whatever issue I'm calling about has been resolved and simply requires 2 - 3 business days to "take effect" or for the "system to catch up".  This has come from supervisors as well as agents in the escalations department.

Message 71 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

Finally, sold something over the weekend. Thought this was going to be another month like May with no sales at all. Also, once again I have a watcher on one of my items, but the item shows zero views. Again, how can that be? It's a one week auction so that 30 day thing again doesn't apply. It is impossible to put a watch on an item without viewing it. Something is horribly wrong here. I guess I'm going to have to try to call them and see if I can get an answer on this. Wish me luck!

Message 72 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

Again, you can have watchers with no views simply by the clicking on the heart (lower right) of the listing within a search result.  No need to call... just read eBay's  announcements and information contained in the Seller Hub.

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.
Message 73 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

Ok. Thank you. That makes sense to me now. However, I did talk to eBay about the item in question. Of course, they had no answer for me about why there are no views but one watcher. Can't believe you knew the answer and they didn't! Wait...yes, I guess I do believe that! I also told the agent that views are down, sales are way down and my items don't even come up when I search. I checked a few minutes after the conversation ended and the item in question had 21 views and 2 watchers. Now maybe that could be because the agent at eBay was looking at it, I don't know, but I find the whole thing a little odd. 

Message 74 of 76
latest reply

0 Views and no sales

You got the economy part right thanks to our sorry excuse of a president but something is definitely wrong and it has to do with the eBay algorithms. I have a very large variety of items and some not even getting views for 15 days. I've been selling on eBay for 23 years and eBay just seems to screw algorithms up all the time.

Message 75 of 76
latest reply