cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Fee as well as Advanced Fee?

I've had an Advanced campaign running for a few days and it's generate 5 sales according to the stats. I've only made 6 sales in the same period, so seems great, however, of the 6 sales I've made, on 3 I've also been charged an Ad Standard fee - surely that can't be right? It should be generated via standard OR advanced and not both?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

No, you can, and probably always will be charged both because Advanced just gets them from a search engine TO your listing on eBay. 

Standard is charged if it lands them on your Promoted Item. 

advanced gets the buyer to ebay to your item through Google (for example) and that fee is just for them to 'click' on that item, not buy it. 

If the listing that they were taken to is 'promoted' and then they 'buy it', now you are charged the 'standard-promotion' fee.

Advanced on Ebay is just like Pay per Click on Google/Bing- usually for websites and has been at these places for over a decade. You get charged when a 'potential' buyer 'clicks' on your ad taking them to your website EVEN IF THEY DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, which is usually about 80% of the time (NO sale)

So in reality, you can be charged up to your amount you've chosen, per day, without making ANY sales, with Advanced. 

@stainlessenginecovers that's not exactly correct - what you're describing (ads to bring buyers in from Google) is Offsite Ads, which is also a cost per click product, but different than Promoted Listings Advanced

Promoted Listings Advanced is a cost per click ad product that provides placement on the eBay site across various areas in search and on listing pages.

You are correct though that if you have a listing that is in both a Promoted Listings Standard campaign and a Promoted Listings Advanced campaign, you can and often will be charged ad fees for both if the item sells.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No, you can, and probably always will be charged both because Advanced just gets them from a search engine TO your listing on eBay. 

advanced gets the buyer to ebay to your item through Google (for example) and that fee is just for them to 'click' on that item, not buy it. 

If the listing that they were taken to is 'promoted' and then they 'buy it', now you are charged the 'standard-promotion' fee.

Advanced on Ebay is just like Pay per Click on Google/Bing- usually for websites and has been at these places for over a decade. You get charged when a 'potential' buyer 'clicks' on your ad taking them to your website EVEN IF THEY DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, which is usually about 80% of the time (NO sale)

So in reality, you can be charged up to your amount you've chosen, per day, without making ANY sales, with Advanced. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers that's not exactly correct - what you're describing (ads to bring buyers in from Google) is Offsite Ads, which is also a cost per click product, but different than Promoted Listings Advanced

Promoted Listings Advanced is a cost per click ad product that provides placement on the eBay site across various areas in search and on listing pages.

You are correct though that if you have a listing that is in both a Promoted Listings Standard campaign and a Promoted Listings Advanced campaign, you can and often will be charged ad fees for both if the item sells.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks both!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I was charged each and every day with promote advanced. Ad display charges of approximately $20 a day. Also I put the daily budget of $1. I asked for credits, as my very small business could not sustain this daily charge. ebay denied my request. They sent no notification of the denial. I am wondering if anyone else has had  similar issue?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi, we are trying to understand eBay advertisers pain points. Could you please respond to this short (<1min) survey to help improve advertising experience for eBay community? Thank you. Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/39LP8D6

Message 6 of 6
latest reply