cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with this music box top.

justforposting_1960
Thrill-Seeker

I have this lid with a music box inside. A Google search finds the exact floral decoration on a "10" Imperia Limoges Plate Cobalt Blue, Spring Flowers, 22 K Gold Trim France." I've searched for several variations of the above but I cannot find any other reference to it. I've checked Kovel's, Replacements & Worthpoint so far. The first 2 can't find a match, Worthpoint has the same plate as Google. 

The music box plays "Wind Beneath My Wings." It has an approx. 4" diameter and 2" height. I can't find any markings except an "S" on the music box winding key.

Does anyone recognize this? TYIA!

PICT0013 (2).JPGPICT0014 (2).JPGPICT0015 (2).JPG

Lisa (JustForPosting_1960) ~ This is my posting ID
******************************************************************************************
Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why.
Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think.
--Unknown
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please help with this music box top.

I completely missed the part where it has to be a lid! Meanwhile, I found some in the same shape by San Francisco Music Box Co.
Janet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The plate is actually Imperial Limoges, with the stylized L in Limoges forming the l at the end of Imperial.
Marks like theirs are decorator marks. This decal could have been sold to anyone, so it's not much of a clue. Did you take it apart? Your box would appeal to someone who likes the song more than anything else.
Janet
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I tried to take it apart, but it appears to be glued. Unfortunately, I can't get the key & screws back in! The music box kinda fell inside so nothing lines up anymore. 

It must be just the lid of something though, it can't lay flat with the key sticking out. I was thinking someone with the bottom and a broken top would be interested. It's such a pretty decoration, I was hoping it would be more easily identifiable! Smiley Frustrated Oh well!

******************************************************************************************
--Unknown
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I completely missed the part where it has to be a lid! Meanwhile, I found some in the same shape by San Francisco Music Box Co.
Janet
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Maybe a top to a trinket box. I see a few similar here on ebay  (not that pattern).
The song was written in 1982. 

Maybe you could check replacements for that pattern name. They are all spring flowers.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Bingo! I think we have a winner! LOL!

You are good! I found the exact same lid and floral decoration on a SFMB Trinket Box listed right here on ebay by doing a Google search!

Thank you so much!

--Unknown
Message 6 of 6
latest reply