cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a way to revert back from Managed Payment Plan?

My net profit have gone down and my payment takes days to be in my bank account. The new plan charges sellers a big whooping 12.5% fee from the total taxes and shipping a buyer already paid.  Anyways i have not had a chance to contact ebay support but would check back here if anyone knows.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: is there a way to revert back from Managed Payment Plan?

Thank you for the clarification.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

using your example

132totalsale x 12.35%=16.30 fee + 30 cents=16.60

(120saleplusshipping x 10%) + (110saleplustaxes x 2.9%)=15.19  fee + 30 cents=15.49

would you correct me if im mistaking?

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Sell something that is not allowed in managed payments.  My brother sells all sorts of things including coins and he is not in managed payments as a result.  Going against what others are saying,  I seem to recall some categories had lower fees.  Musical instruments comes to mind.  Wasn't clothing less too?  I see all sorts of flaws.  I've only had 2 payouts. I was expecting one today but they would rather do the payout tomorrow so I have no money for new year's eve.  Thanks a ton of course.  They're about as useful and reliable as the government.  Remember when we were all told to sign up on a special website for direct payments(stimulus one,  the search for Spock's left ear)?  And we got checks instead?   Nothing makes sense on this website anymore.  Look at the list of items that can't be in managed payments and see if there is a plan.  Oh in my experience all customer service is gone on the site.  I've had to use twitter and facebook and it's tedious an not live.  

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@harleyquinn28 wrote:

yes but that 12.9% did no deduct from paid taxes and shipping.  only on the sale price.  my profit was bigger.  paypal charged only 2.9% on taxes but not on shipping.  ebay did not profit off sales taxes as they are doing now.

eBay charged 10% on the item price at the time of the sale, and 10% of the shipping paid at the time the buyer paid for the item. These were two separate line items on your invoice. 

PayPal charged 2.9% of the total payment, including shipping and taxes. Check your PayPal transaction history to verify this. 

Generally speaking, the net differences between the old and the new is that eBay now charges a fee on the sales tax, but eBay's percentage is slightly lower overall. 

I worked out spreadsheets demonstrating the net difference for many price points for three different sales tax rates. 

The fees are lower if there is no sales tax, about the same if the sales tax is moderate, and slightly higher if the sales tax is high. But overall, these numbers do not strike me as a "whopping" difference. 

fee-0.jpgfee-mid.jpgfee-higher.jpg

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@harleyquinn28 wrote:

using your example

(120saleplusshipping x 10%) + (110saleplustaxes x 2.9%)=15.19  fee + 30 cents=15.49

A correction is that paypal charges 2.9% of the total payment, including shipping and taxes.

You keep insisting that they do not, but they do. 

My last eBay sale via PayPal was $11.40 (which includes shipping and sales tax) and the PayPal fee was $0.63. 

So as long are you insist on something that is not true, debating is futile. 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

You seem very astute at this new payout system but I don't know if I agree with the 12.35%. Here are some examples from my recent sales and the charges from my payout page: 12/29 $38.00 total including shipping, their charge was $5.62, 12/29 $22.50 total sale their charge was $3.17, 12/29 total sale $13.00 charged $1.79, 12/27 total sale $36.00 charged $4.61, 12/26 total sale $20.00 charged $2.59, 12/25 total sale $18.00 charged $2.52, 12/25 total sale $38.00 charged $4.90 and it goes on and on. None of this includes buying shipping labels, that is even more cut into the profits. So my question is how much of a percentage are they charging me? Seems to be over 30% on a lot of these.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@harleyquinn28 wrote:

using your example

Not every transaction will result in neutral fees or lower fees.  There will be some from time to time are a little higher than what we paid for before MP.  However going back to what I posted when I explained the process in detail, you need to look at this is a wider scale, not just one or two transactions.  Look at a months worth of transactions and you will likely see there is not much of a change, again as I previously stated.  We just seem to have a failure to communicate here as you don't seem to what to actually read what I posted earlier but assume what it says.

As a correction to what you posted, it is actually as follows.

132.00 X 12.35 = 16.30 in MP plus the 30 cent transaction fee = 16.60

For those NOT in MP

120 x 10% = 12.00 

132.00 X 2.9% PP fee = 3.83

12.00 + 3.83 = 15.83 + 30 cent transaction fee = 16.13

So this particular transaction does carry higher fees in MP 16.60 - 16.13 = .47 cents.  Not all transactions would result in the same outcome.

Lets say there was no sales tax on this sale.  While not as common as those that have sales tax, still there are states that are not requiring Ebay to collect sales tax and a half dozen states don't have a sales tax at all.

120.00 X 12.35 = 14.82 in MP plus the 30 cent transaction fee = 15.12

For those NOT in MP

120 x 10% = 12.00 

120 X 2.9% PP fee = 3.48

12.00 + 3.48 = 14.48 + 30 cent transaction fee = 14.78

The net result is 15.12 - 14.78 = .34 cents Savings in MP on fees.

Which is why looking at a single transaction is just not going to accurately tell you the impact the new fee structure in MP will have on your account.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

thanks for clearing some stuff up for me, unfortunately "not all transactions will result in the same outcome" yet have proven to be worthwhile for me which is why i wasn't totally content with Managed payments.

you seem to have good experience and i appreciate your input, i think everybody would agree that we want less fees and not some unreliable method where were hoping there is no sales taxes in a buyers next purchase to actually get lower fees LOL

Happy New Years everybody and may you make huge profits in 2021 from your ebay stores 🙂

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@harleyquinn28 wrote:

thanks for clearing some stuff up for me, unfortunately "not all transactions will result in the same outcome" yet have proven to be worthwhile for me which is why i wasn't totally content with Managed payments.

you seem to have good experience and i appreciate your input, i think everybody would agree that we want less fees and not some unreliable method where were hoping there is no sales taxes in a buyers next purchase to actually get lower fees LOL

Happy New Years everybody and may you make huge profits in 2021 from your ebay stores 🙂

You are very welcome.  Personally I think most sellers will be fine if their overall fees do not go up which is what the MP fees will result in for most sellers.  Looking at one or two transactions is misleading and will not every give you what the overall effect on your account will be due to the MP fee structure.

I have no idea what you mean by an "unreliable method".  The way MP charges fees is really very straight forward and not that difficult to understand.  It doesn't randomly change, so I don't know what is "unreliable" about it.

Create a worksheet.  Track your sales for a FULL month.  As my much earlier post stated, I did that for six months.  And not one single month did I ever have higher fees.  I saved a little in each of those months.  Not a lot to be sure, but whatever I save is in my pocket and not Ebay's and it beats the heck out of an increase.

For me 2020 has been a great year for sales.  I sure hope 2021 continues down that path.

Happy New Years to you too and I hope your sales are fantastic in the coming year.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Don't forget the $.30 per transaction....................................

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I realize this is slightly off topic and I also know I spent a limited amount of time scanning the new MP changes. Anyway, ONE change I think I saw was that the limit has changed. Under Paypal, I could sell a collectible for $10,000 and the final fee was cut off at $350 (or some number I can't remember). But, unless I missed it, the this limit doesn't appear in the new MP system. Have I missed something?

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@laserpartshq wrote:

Don't forget the $.30 per transaction....................................

Which is exactly the same was PP charged.  So this is not a new fee or an increase in fees.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply