cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not using PayPal anymore?

I got a message from eBay saying to update my account details.

"It’s now simpler to get paid on eBay

Getting paid has changed: Fees and expenses will be deducted before you get paid out and the remainder of your earnings will go directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account. Get set up in a few easy steps."

I primarily just tend to leave all the money I receive in my PayPal, so I wanted to ask for clarification: does this mean sellers can no longer use PayPal as a means of payment? We have to store the money in a bank account now?

I also saw something saying eBay raised their fees. Is that also true? 

Thanks for clarifying.

Message 1 of 496
latest reply
495 REPLIES 495

Re: eBay not using PayPal anymore?

@hooksandstuff wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@hooksandstuff 

Oh don't be so sure that I can't understand how it is for casual sellers.  I've been around long enough and help plenty of sellers of all sizes.  So don't count me out.

Yes that is what I'm saying.  You can CHOOSE to have the shipping label paid from your MP account if you want.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

~thanks, using pending payments as an option was not clear as I read through this thread. Many people who were answering others kept saying the handling time would have to change to allow the money to already be in the bank account so this reassures me on that point.

Message 286 of 496
latest reply

@jman128 wrote:

I'm done with this scam company. I'm tired of ebay jacking sellers around and lying and their lame fan base providing false coverage and propping them up. I'm out and they are not getting my last fee payment go ahead and ban my sellers account 

If you don't make that last fee payment, they'll send it to collections. So only do that if you don't care about your credit rating, and don't mind being harassed for payment.

Message 287 of 496
latest reply

@hooksandstuff wrote:

4) People are saying "change your handling time" but doesn't eBay reward you for offering 1 day handling, so do I lose that advantage by protecting myself with a longer handling time? 

eBay only rewards sellers (with a 10% fee discount) if they are Top Rated, offer same-day or 1-day shipping, and offer free returns. Since you require buyers to pay for return shipping, you're not eligible. So increasing your handling time won't have any negative effect.

Message 288 of 496
latest reply

@hooksandstuff 

Just to be clear.  It doesn't use PENDING payment, it uses AVAILABLE funds to pay for shipping.  However they do allow you to go to a negative balance for these purposes and they ARE NOT going to dip into your checking account to cover the negative balance.  They will wait for the Pending funds to move over and cover the costs.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 289 of 496
latest reply

OK, well, LOL, your picture showed a checkbox for "paying with your pending payouts" so that's where I got pending from. Either way I am relieved if I don't have to worry about where the postage will be coming from before it gets to my bank account.

Message 290 of 496
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

@hooksandstuff wrote:

4) People are saying "change your handling time" but doesn't eBay reward you for offering 1 day handling, so do I lose that advantage by protecting myself with a longer handling time? 

eBay only rewards sellers (with a 10% fee discount) if they are Top Rated, offer same-day or 1-day shipping, and offer free returns. Since you require buyers to pay for return shipping, you're not eligible. So increasing your handling time won't have any negative effect.

OK, thanks for the clarity.

Message 291 of 496
latest reply

@hooksandstuff wrote:

OK, well, LOL, your picture showed a checkbox for "paying with your pending payouts" so that's where I got pending from. Either way I am relieved if I don't have to worry about where the postage will be coming from before it gets to my bank account.

@hooksandstuff 

I get it.  I had forgotten about that and I realized after you comment that I should clarify.  Just so you knew how it actually works.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  I'll always try to help if I can.

Message 292 of 496
latest reply

boy is this **bleep** to the nth degree, it goes in instantly now and you can use it now you wait til they get a few days interest on it and you bet your butt there will be problems, also with sales problems, payment problems with buy it now, pay later, opens a new can of worms. I guess I won't be selling anymore on here, already the changes are you have to list each item over rather than select all and list.  TOO much hassle. too bad too cause I've sold on here a long time. If I have to buy anything now I'll get a gift card. 

Message 293 of 496
latest reply

So will the buyers understand the wait time for the delay in shipping or will they kill the seller with feedback, and we all know ebay won't defend the seller.

Message 294 of 496
latest reply

I am 100% with you! Give us the option of choosing, not ram rodding it down our throats. I will have to stop selling on ebay too. This is a plus for the amazon king.

Message 295 of 496
latest reply

Big steaming pile, thats what it is. Bye bye.

Message 296 of 496
latest reply

@peacewishdream wrote:

already the changes are you have to list each item over rather than select all and list.  

So each item has to be individually relisted and after it is relisted then you go to another item to individually relist it?  This sounds like it could be awfully time consuming.  I hope it is only a temporary thing.

Message 297 of 496
latest reply

@deweysplace51188 wrote:

So will the buyers understand the wait time for the delay in shipping or will they kill the seller with feedback, and we all know ebay won't defend the seller.

@deweysplace51188 

Depends on how you handle it.

75.JPG

Message 298 of 496
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@peacewishdream wrote:

already the changes are you have to list each item over rather than select all and list.  

So each item has to be individually relisted and after it is relisted then you go to another item to individually relist it?  This sounds like it could be awfully time consuming.  I hope it is only a temporary thing.

IDK why this would need to be done.  We only have two types of listings on Ebay anymore.  Auctions and GTC.

Message 299 of 496
latest reply

lol this is total **bleep** i am defiantly not shipping until my money is in the bank and who are they kidding they will charge you the papal fees its just ebay will get them now and what about returns will they take that mony out of your bank automatically and overdraft you think i will find other places to sell ebay is getting worse all the time  

Message 300 of 496
latest reply