cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not using PayPal anymore?

I got a message from eBay saying to update my account details.

"It’s now simpler to get paid on eBay

Getting paid has changed: Fees and expenses will be deducted before you get paid out and the remainder of your earnings will go directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account. Get set up in a few easy steps."

I primarily just tend to leave all the money I receive in my PayPal, so I wanted to ask for clarification: does this mean sellers can no longer use PayPal as a means of payment? We have to store the money in a bank account now?

I also saw something saying eBay raised their fees. Is that also true? 

Thanks for clarifying.

Message 1 of 496
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Managed Payments is replacing Paypal. The fee you paid PP is now paid to Ebay.

The fees for sales come out immediately.

You get your $ in your bank account in 3-7 days after a sale.

You can pay for shipping out of the 'pending' funds' or paypal (you would have to now feed paypal)

Best to open another checking acct. if you want to keep personal and 'business' seperate.

Best to put $100-$500 in this account. 

They will put a 'hold' on your account if you don't have any 'pending $' from sales, for returns.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 496
latest reply
495 REPLIES 495

Managed Payments is replacing Paypal. The fee you paid PP is now paid to Ebay.

The fees for sales come out immediately.

You get your $ in your bank account in 3-7 days after a sale.

You can pay for shipping out of the 'pending' funds' or paypal (you would have to now feed paypal)

Best to open another checking acct. if you want to keep personal and 'business' seperate.

Best to put $100-$500 in this account. 

They will put a 'hold' on your account if you don't have any 'pending $' from sales, for returns.

Message 2 of 496
latest reply

Ebay is NOT eliminating the use of PP on the site.  As they have told us for over 2 years now, they will be moving sellers into Managed Payments and away from PP as the year moves on.  By sometime in 2021 most if not all sellers will be in the MP program.

Buyers will still be able to use PP for paying sellers if they want to.  This payment processing program called MP only affects the sellers.

MP is NOT raising fees.

37.JPG

Here is some additional information you should read as well.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Infographic-How-payouts-work-on-managed-payments/m-p/31338926...

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 496
latest reply

here you respond like you know or work for eBay and yet have not been informed that PayPal will no longer be a payment option on eBay after 2023 you did know that right?

Message 4 of 496
latest reply

I really prefer to keep PayPal for my sales instead of ebay depositing. Paypal is great for me, but would still like to option for ebay's managed payments

Message 5 of 496
latest reply

@ristei49 wrote:

here you respond like you know or work for eBay and yet have not been informed that PayPal will no longer be a payment option on eBay after 2023 you did know that right?

And were did you get this information???

Message 6 of 496
latest reply

@osovast.shop 

You won't have that option; once in MP, no more PP. 

Message 7 of 496
latest reply

eBay and PayPal signed an agreement two years ago that runs until 2023 to allow buyers to continue paying with PayPal. After that I don't think anyone knows what will happen.

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-and-paypal-finalize-new-payments-agreement/

"... does this mean sellers can no longer use PayPal as a means of payment?"

@j02237589 

- Sellers can use PayPal to pay eBay invoices if their Automatic Payment Method is PayPal.

- Also, sellers can still pay for shipping labels through PayPal... after you hit a zero balance you can pay for those       from your bank account or a credit card in your PayPal wallet... or straight from funds if they're there.

- Naturally, sellers can use PayPal to buy.

Message 9 of 496
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@ristei49 wrote:

And were did you get this information???

On another thread @vintagewinecollector  also said there had been an announcement today.  I did ask her for a link, but she has not yet responded.  Hopefully she will so we know what they are referring to.  I found nothing on the announcement board.

@donsdetour 

Message 10 of 496
latest reply

Where did I say there was an announcement yesterday? I said nothing of the sort. 

"NIKE"

Message 11 of 496
latest reply

@vintagewinecollector wrote:

Where did I say there was an announcement yesterday? I said nothing of the sort. 

On another post you stated yesterday "eBay and PayPal today confirmed the signing of a previously-announced agreement to offer PayPal as a way to pay on eBay until July 2023. This new agreement builds on the payments partnership between the companies to make PayPal available as a payment option on eBay's new intermediated payments model."

That is where I got it from.  Possibly I misunderstood something, but it was in response to a conversation with another poster that was also saying that yesterday Ebay announced this contract in an effort to correct my posting which provided a link to the contract entered into in 2018 between Ebay and PP on this subject.  It was also stated that after this contracts ends that Ebay would no longer allow PP on the site for buyers, which has not been said by either Ebay or PP that I'm aware of.  There is likely the contract gets extended as it is good business for both Ebay and PP.

@vintagewinecollector 

Message 12 of 496
latest reply

@vintagewinecollector 

Did you find the announcement you referred to?  I know that sometimes when I view something and it is new to me I think it is a new statement or announcement, I forget to look at the date.  Whoops!  I know I've done that, maybe that is what happened here??

Message 13 of 496
latest reply

No, it was from before in 2018, but there has been nothing to change that, so I am not sure what the issue is. 

"NIKE"

Message 14 of 496
latest reply

@vintagewinecollector wrote:

No, it was from before in 2018, but there has been nothing to change that, so I am not sure what the issue is. 

The Only issue I had was you and another poster had said Ebay announced the contract that same day when the fact is it was 2 years ago that they entered into that contract.  And your closing remark on the other thread that I did not copy into this thread.  

Message 15 of 496
latest reply