cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Not Letting Me Refund an International Shipping Program order

I had a buyer win quite a few of my auctions. For whatever reason, when he tried to pay for the items, eBay split his order into three parts and charged him almost $150 to ship three separate packages when I can easily ship them together.

He was put off by this, understandably, and I agreed to cancel his order(s). Now when I tried to cancel them with the "buyer asked to cancel" option. I am getting the following messages.

"Your refund did not go through. Please try again later "

Obviously "later" did not work.

I then check my email.

"

Please update your payment method

Hi X,

This order couldn’t be cancelled because there was an issue with the refund.

Please try refunding the buyer again by adding or updating your payment instrument before Jan 16, 2024.

I checked my payment methods. I have a bank account, credit card, and my paypal linked. I have never had an issue refunding before. I also have 10x the refund amount in my "available funds" so that shouldn't be an issue.

Has anyone run into this, and if so, how were you able to cancel and refund?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Could be 1 of 3 reasons.

1.) you have an 'outstanding' refund case going, and even though EIS will pay it, they may now 'limit' you and your listings

2.) it's just a glitch

3.) EIS can also 'just limit' as they want simply because of the 'return' issue. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Interesting. It was definitely happening to a listing I made BEFORE I ever started the cancellation/refund (item was never shipped.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply