Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can PayPal still be my bank for sales deposits using eBay managed payments

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: can PayPal still be my bank for sales deposits using eBay managed payments

Yes, once you are told to. Best to open 'another' checking acct at same bank, easy to make transfers but also to keep track for bookkeeping purposes. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Nope. It has to be a bank account and PayPal isn't a bank.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

As @mtgraves7984  said, PP is not a bank.

You can link your bank to paypal but the path to get there will be

buyer pays > payment to your bank > transfer from bank to paypal

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Do I have to sign up for eBay Managed Payments?  I have always (since 2005) used PayPal for all selling, to keep it separate from my bank checking and it's never appeared on my bank statements, unless I transfer my PayPal balance to my personal checking.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yes, once you are told to. Best to open 'another' checking acct at same bank, easy to make transfers but also to keep track for bookkeeping purposes. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Pointless. I guess Ebay greed mongers thought it was a hassle for us sellers to get paid right away and decided since we're babies and can't manage our own money and transfer to our banks ourselves they will do it for us so we can wait 1-3 days before we get paid now!

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I am finding this confusing. So we have to sign up? I received a message today saying if you collect in US Funds you have to sign up or your account will be suspended . 

I am a Canadian seller. Can I just leave EBAY .COM and go to EBAY ca ?

Ebay continues to get greedier and greedier. They just want it all.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@vintagekodachromeslides 

eBay and PP did not renew their agreement to have PP process funds.

The new processor does not "front" the payments while they are processing. Not all payments in the real world are instant.

Greed?  Well, that is the name of the game for any business. I don't give my stuff away. I squeeze every dime that I can out of the buyer. eBay is in it for the money just like we are, not just to accommodate us.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Thanks  for putting sellers on managed payments! I didn't realize what a hassle it was getting paid right away through paypal and then transferring it to my bank INSTANTLY if I wanted to. OH NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 1-3 DAYS FOR PAYMENT BECAUSE IT WAS DECIDED THAT WE ARE BABIES AND CANNOT MANAGE OUR OWN MONEY AND DECIDED YOU WILL MANAGE IT AND SEND IT TO OUR CHECKING ACCOUNT.

EVER THINK SOME SELLERS DON'T WANT MONEY TO GO TO  CHECKING ACCOUNTS?!?! THAT'S WHY PEOPLE LIKE ME KEEP A SEPARATE PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR SALES! I DON'T WANT IT MIXED WITH MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. I CAN DECIDE ON MY OWN IF I WANT A SALE PAYMENT TRANSFERRED OR NOT TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

eBay makes it sound like they are doing something good for us. Just plain Greed

You get paid directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account, regardless of how the buyer chooses to pay. We will initiate payouts within two business days of payment confirmation.

Your fees, expenses and charges will be automatically deducted. No more PayPal payments processing fees or separate monthly fee payments.

Most sellers will pay the same or less than before

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I agree 100%!  I don't want my eBay transactions mixed with my bank and I don't want to open another checking account.  With all the banks, businesses, etc. that have been compromised  and information stolen, why would I think it can't happen on eBay and my ss# and banking info stolen?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I'm a little confused.  If my bank is already linked to paypal, does the payment automatically go to my bank through paypal and then automatically transfer back to my paypal balance?  Or does the payment go to my checking through ebay and then, after a few days to complete, I have to transfer it to paypal?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Does ebay not understand that it’s us sellers that make them their $$$?  Why are they making this whole thing SO INCONVENINT TO each us revenue generating sellers? I thinks it’s absolutely absurd to make Sellers wait so long for their money and not just put it in Paypal right away like they use to. Oh but ebay has no problem when collecting their seller fees right out of your Paypal account!  They don’t have to wait and go through all of these ridiculous steps!!  They are driving Sellers away and without us, revenue continues to take a nose dive!! They should be rolling out the red carpet for us, not treating us like trash!!   This is the last time I will ever sell anything on ebay.  This is less the adequate customer service.  The phone line is a joke, you won’t get to talk to anyone no matter how hard you try.  This sucks and I DON’T LIKE IT, NOR WILL I CONTINUE handing my hard earned money over only to be treated so poorly!!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Old post reported for locking. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

yeah if you enjoy waiting for our money!!  99.999% of us don't!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply